Laughing City
freakinalex
Lost at Forum

rmlawrence wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
RUDE to talk over a set. Lame.

Houston audiences will talk over the headlining acts. It's annoyed a few bands.

Because of the talking, Tim Smith said "this is the last time we're playing Houston" when we saw Midlake last. The band didn't come through Houston on this recent tour. When we saw Ben Folds, he said couldn't use a song he was recording for an iTunes release because of all the talking. Jenny Lewis cut one of her songs short because of the talking (and then her boyfriend ragged on the Houston audience). She moved onto something more upbeat.

Wait...is that the Jenny Lewis show from last June? Cause I was definitely there.

But yeah, Houston crowds suck. Jesse Lacey got pretty pissed the one time I saw Brand New there. And Jenny took it all in stride, but she still seemed pretty miffed about it. And I'm sure that's the only reason she didn't come out to meet the few fans that stuck around afterward to meet her.

rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

freakinalex wrote:
Wait...is that the Jenny Lewis show from last June? Cause I was definitely there.

But yeah, Houston crowds suck. Jesse Lacey got pretty pissed the one time I saw Brand New there. And Jenny took it all in stride, but she still seemed pretty miffed about it. And I'm sure that's the only reason she didn't come out to meet the few fans that stuck around afterward to meet her.

Yep, that was the show (Jenny Lewis). I wasn't there, but I heard about it.

I've seen Brand New twice at Warehouse Live, but I don't remember if Jesse got annoyed at the audience at either of the shows I went to.

The Midlake show I mentioned was at Numbers. Ben Folds, Manchester Orchestra (which I alluded to), and Ozma were all at Warehouse Live.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
freakinalex
Lost at Forum

rmlawrence wrote:
freakinalex wrote:

Yep, that was the show (Jenny Lewis). I wasn't there, but I heard about it.

I've seen Brand New twice at Warehouse Live, but I don't remember if Jesse got annoyed at the audience at either of the shows I went to.

The Midlake show I mentioned was at Numbers. Ben Folds, Manchester Orchestra (which I alluded to), and Ozma were all at Warehouse Live.

The Brand New show I went to was at Warehouse Live. I wanna say it was in 2006, but I don't really remember. It was the summer before The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me came out, cause they were still playing those demos at the time. The crowd kept yelling at the band to play songs that weren't on the setlist. Eventually, one guy yelled "Play whatever the f*** you want to!" and Jesse said, "Yeah, seriously, guys. Lets us play what we want," or something like that. Also, these frat guys near me were giving beer to girls who couldn't have been more than 15 and telling them to chug it. It was a pretty bad experience overall, and that's why I haven't gone to see them in Houston since. The crowd was just intolerable.

The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

as far as i know in nashville it's not much of a problem. in fact i think we're a little too quiet sometimes. during eisley's set, everyone clapped but no one really cheered when they played favorite songs... i felt awkward. though, this was my first eisley show. also, working at rocketown the crowds are generally pretty good. i mean during huge shows there's gonna be talking cause it's a big crowd and what not, but it's never to the point where it's rude and disrespectful. i remember seeing saosin in november at the exit/in and the audience was great and Lydia a few months before and everyone was quiet for them.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^ I totally remember this coming up once before... Maybe it was the Midlake thread???

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
leighish
Vintage Newbie

The crowd totally destroyed the show when we saw Kevin Devine and Manchester Orchestra. Kevin was able to keep people pretty engaged but it went downhill as soon as the switch to Manchester was made. It was really awful. I felt so terrible for them.

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

That's a long tour.

Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

wilsmith wrote:
^ I totally remember this coming up once before... Maybe it was the Midlake thread???

Yes, you have a good memory Smile , Midlake hasn't played Houston this year so far - lots of talking at their show three years ago. Sad