Laughing City
drenchedecent
Sea Post King

wilsmith wrote:
^Job well done. It pays to speak up and go through the necessary channels. Social media has it's perks I guess.

I am not sure if it was because of me, but either way it's nice they have given everyone cheaper shipping options.

I once convinced a label to lower their actual price on an LP by $3 after a series of emails: started at $19.99 but they changed the price on their web-store to $16.99. Sometimes all you have to do is ask. Smile

crusso
Sea Post King

Bought the super epic bundle of magic cookies.

I want the Vinyl just to have it, I don't have a record player, but I may try to get one to hear how it sounds.

I also really liked the Lithograph that came with their last album so I wanted that too.

Hurray \o/
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

drenchedecent wrote:
wilsmith wrote:
^Job well done. It pays to speak up and go through the necessary channels. Social media has it's perks I guess.

I am not sure if it was because of me, but either way it's nice they have given everyone cheaper shipping options.

Does that mean that those of us who bought stuff pre-lowering of prices should write and ask for some money back? Razz

Good work, though Smile

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

hmm. I just want the tshirt/cd bundle. It's a little over $7 to ship to new jersey, which brings my price up to $26.09 (from $18.99), which is a little daunting. But I do want to buy it, and I'm leaning towards yes because it still works out to about $13 for the cd and t-shirt each, which isn't terrible.
boone
Vintage Newbie

crusso wrote:
Bought the super epic bundle of magic cookies.

I want the Vinyl just to have it, I don't have a record player, but I may try to get one to hear how it sounds.

I also really liked the Lithograph that came with their last album so I wanted that too.

Hurray \o/

You should totally get one. People who buy records need to listen to them. I suggest this one. It's pretty good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
crusso
Sea Post King

I thought about it the last time I pre-ordered their album but I wasn't sure. I've never ever played a record before honestly, so I'm really curious about it.

I'm gonna ask around and see if some friends have one I can borrow or something before I buy one. I don't think I'll be spending $28,000 dollars though. Razz
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

crusso wrote:
I've never ever played a record before honestly, so I'm really curious about it.

Congratulations for making me feel like a Vestigial Limb. I think that just stripped the pigment out of one patch of my scalp follicles and disintegrated another Crying or Very sad

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
boone
Vintage Newbie

I like listening to records. Your average person isn't going to notice a lot of difference in quality (without a few thousand bucks invested in your sound system), but there's a very tactile quality to a record; you're more involved in the music, I guess. I think that makes you a more active listener.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

i buy some vinyl. but i have the room noises one so i need this one too.
it will look great on my eisley walls.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
crusso
Sea Post King

My dad had a ton of Vinyl records when I was a kid, but he sold most of them before I was old enough to really appreciate what he had. So I've literally never had an opportunity to listen to vinyl records.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

It's an experience. In a way, it's more visceral. You can hear the dust collecting as the record plays (unless you have a better stylus or turntable fans built in etc.)

You can feel the friction as you place the needle in the first groove. If you don't have a cover, you actually hear the high pitched sound of the needle playing the music on the vinyl before it's amplified (like listening to it through a tiny can on a string if that makes sense) as it's reverberating in the room along with the sound from the speakers.

and of course you have to get up to turn the record over, dust it off, and drop the needle. It's an experience, and it actually enhances the listening experience because albums are broken up into A & B (and sometimes C & D etc.) sides, so there's a break from the music, and then that first B side track hits you like a reboot. You don't get that from a playlist or cd. It's one of those things that's a lost art as far as sequencing albums. That midpoint sometimes effectively allowed for artists to completely change gears on a record, and many took advantage of it.

Dive in.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Polaris
Sea Post King

rockchick1959 wrote:
Yeah, $23.01 is a little pricey for that poster but I just couldn't resist having the poster and vinyl, so I bit.

$60 there, now to buy my $16 plus "convenience" fee tickets for the show with Rooney.

Eisley, you better love me SOOOOOOO much Laughing

Hahah, I did the exact same thing...that signed litho was just too much to resist.
Catey
Lost at Forum

I'm going to be an awful fan and have to get this album the illegal way until my birthday in September. I would give my arm to buy one of the awesome vinyl's and bundle packs but I am an unpaid intern in London. Even switching the $ to a £ seems like a lot of money for me to pay out when I barely afford to feed myself!
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^ If you ask us, I bet the LCer's will all contribute to a Kickstarter or something to subsidize you buying the legal download Laughing

drenchedecent
Sea Post King

wilsmith wrote:
^ If you ask us, I bet the LCer's will all contribute to a Kickstarter or something to subsidize you buying the legal download Laughing

Someone who bought the vinyl/CD combo could just donate the digital copy they get by email; so just forward her the link. (Because you are buying two copies of the album and you can create your own digital version when the CD comes in the mail.)