Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
boone
Vintage Newbie

They could storyboard it and make an animatic, then send it to Korea to be animated. Or there might be an independent studio here in the states that could do it vector style.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
Nowhere Man wrote:
That would be very time consuming and tedious though unless it was maybe just a Ken Burns zoom and pan slideshow, or storybook stills type thing.

I just flashed back to the first video U2 did for "One," with the bison falling off the cliff in slow mo. Then I yawned.

I wasn't familiar with that but I just watched something like that on youtube but there wasn't any animation just live action film. There were a few stills in there.

I'm glad I never had mtv or saw a lot of the videos for songs I liked cause I see them now on youtube and some are really stupid. I would usually disregard most of the bad photos of the bands on the albums too and try to focus on the music.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Nowhere Man wrote:
Saellys wrote:
Nowhere Man wrote:
That would be very time consuming and tedious though unless it was maybe just a Ken Burns zoom and pan slideshow, or storybook stills type thing.

I just flashed back to the first video U2 did for "One," with the bison falling off the cliff in slow mo. Then I yawned.

I wasn't familiar with that but I just watched something like that on youtube but there wasn't any animation just live action film. There were a few stills in there.

Yeah, the one on YouTube isn't what the band released. There were three videos for "One" and they try to convince people that two of them never happened.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

boone wrote:
They could storyboard it and make an animatic, then send it to Korea to be animated. Or there might be an independent studio here in the states that could do it vector style.

Remember Incubus's Drive Video? That was well done, and they purported that it was all hand animated, but I am just stingy with credit so... Confused

If Eisley did ALL their videos animated Gorillaz style, and wove together an ongoing narrative I would be Mr. Green Sort of a silent animated film. It would also give them another intellectual property to draw revenue from. I would even be keen on them doing a Motion Comic akin to Astonishing X-Men (free to watch on Hulu), which is the best I've seen thus far. The amount of work would be less than animation, and hey, Equal Vision had a band do comics before (Coheed & Cambria) so it's just the place to launch that. Wishful thinking, I know, but one can dream.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

Right now I'm trying very hard to ignore everything Eisley-related in order to make the LP3 release even more special. I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not, but...Oh well.

http://inconnumag.com
Caley
Lost at Forum

While I would love to get another music video, I rather that kind of money be put towards an online store. A new album is going to mean more traffic to the site soon and I'm sure most of those new fans (and old, for that matter) are going to want to have the option of buying merch online. It's another way to make money to tour, create more merch, and also have the option to make music videos. I'm not saying it'll be a cash cow or anything, but I think they could get some sort of profit from it.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

A video doesn't have to be expensive though.

Instead of thinking of cool effects shots (not that I think they would spend a lot of money on a video anyway, especially these days), they could make it interesting by the visuals, storytelling, editing, etc.

marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

Sherri just answered a question about the album art on Tumblr.

http://sdupreebemis.tumblr.com/post/3033616634/i-was-wondering-about-t he-evolution-of-the-physical

http://inconnumag.com
olimario
Laughing Citizen

I have a friend in Vegas who does very high quality music videos on the cheap.

http://brandon-christensen.com/

A video of his I like
http://vimeo.com/10519934

Fly him out and have him shoot it!
He will do amazing things.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

marshkingsdaughter wrote:

I check her Tumblr for the first time in a while and noticed she was answering questions. Her Formspring has long been gone - maybe all Eisley members are now? How does that even work on Tumblr?

bathwater_m
Sea Post King

I just want to come out from my little hermit hole just to say that I am very excited that Kind (or formerly-known-as Be Kind) is on the record!!!

Argh!!!

Just heard the little sample on Amazon and I am super stoked! Didn't see 'Be Kind' on the list, didn't realize the name had changed and imagine the surprise I got when I heard the familiar wisps from Stacy.. 'so be.. very kind~'!

YEAH!!

I fell in love with that song the first time i heard it. (i think the guys first played it in 2009, together with Smarter)

Can't wait for March!!!

ync
Golly, Poster

bigideas wrote:
marshkingsdaughter wrote:

I check her Tumblr for the first time in a while and noticed she was answering questions. Her Formspring has long been gone - maybe all Eisley members are now? How does that even work on Tumblr?

how does ask work on tumblr? there's just an option to ask people questions on tumblr, it's fairly simple, basically you just take the person's tumblr url and add /ask to the end or sometimes people will have a link to it on their page

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Wink

<< prev | goto page