Laughing City
boyd
Eisleyoid

Here's our overall radio schedule guys just in case you want to listen:

http://bit.ly/gGoDdR Smile

Tune in today - CIDR 'River Sessions' at 5pm EST. Here's the live link to listen today at 5pm (or so):http://on.fb.me/hjG3hR

JUST LEARNED IT WON'T BE STREAMED. THEY TOSS THE FILE UP AFTERWARDS: http://on.fb.me/fOoCSH (doing our best on this. hope that link works. all new to us).

Ya'll said u wanted stuff posted here in LC. Hope it's not annoying. :0

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Not at all! At least, I don't think so. I like having you back. Feeling a bit more like the old days.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
boyd
Eisleyoid

yeah, good feeling for me too... almost a decade of memories in here.
Speaking of memories i think we're going to stream Room Noises today on sound cloud for the 7 year anniversary of it's release (which was yesterday); maybe some newer fans haven't heard old music.

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Nice... Hasn't it only been 6 though? It came out in '05, right? Still, six years. that's crazy. I can't believe it's already been that long. Time flies.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

boyd wrote:
Speaking of memories i think we're going to stream Room Noises today on sound cloud for the 7 year anniversary of it's release (which was yesterday); maybe some newer fans haven't heard old music.

You know, I remember coming to eisley.org back in the day, with the stories of the first trip out to LA, stories about boring days trapped in a hotel, the heat, the first ever mention of Rilo Kiley I'd ever read, and for some reason I'm thinking that's where the name Trolleywood first came up. I remember the health scare at that time, and hoping and praying it would turn out okay, and being perplexed at the late hour of some of those posts. That was 7 years ago! The amount of Journal Entries from the initial recording was EXHAUSTING, with tons of updates in comments.

I remember it seeming to take SO long to record, the first major blow to the process being having Rob pulled to work on From A Basement On A Hill (totally understandable). I remember getting out of the habit of checking in, sort of bookmarking my avid reading at the point where everyone had come back home, and a few new songs being written, culminating with the Lost At Sea demo video. There was still talk of a double album, or another album being released in quick succession because of all the material. I thank I sort of zoned out into High Maintenance Emotionally Draining Relationship-Land and then my then Girlfriend telling me she bought it in February 05' at Hastings, and I was like Confused The album came out?

So yeah, it's been 7 years since Room Noises went into production (or at least the journals about it) as far as I can tell, 6 since the album came out. Smile

If there was a little vid streaming Room Noises with a Star Wars style scroll of Trolleywood Updates chronicling its create, that would be EPIC.

Honestly, the posts compiled would make a neat book if you ask me.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
boyd
Eisleyoid

wilsmith - wow; you're dredging up (excavating) core artifactual evidence from the heart of Room Noises birthing pains. Right about the time I shot that Lost at Sea video at Cole Rehearsal studios, the band's current management was wigging out and weirding out over prospective songs from the band. There were some dark moments. More good moments but - always from within.

ks1990
Lost at Forum

I seriously LOVE how we're given full details of all these radio/promo events.

There are so many artists who don't really stay connected with fans, which makes it so hard to keep up with interviews/performances etc. Thanks Boyd! Very Happy
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

boyd wrote:
Here's our overall radio schedule guys just in case you want to listen:

http://bit.ly/gGoDdR Smile

Tune in today - CIDR 'River Sessions' at 5pm EST. Here's the live link to listen today at 5pm (or so):http://on.fb.me/hjG3hR

JUST LEARNED IT WON'T BE STREAMED. THEY TOSS THE FILE UP AFTERWARDS: http://on.fb.me/fOoCSH (doing our best on this. hope that link works. all new to us).

many thanks for the info...
The good stuff just keeps coming and coming these days!

boyd wrote:

...Hope it's not annoying. :0

You are kidding, right?

boyd wrote:

Sounds like a fantastic idea!

What would be really special some time would be streaming the audio from the Ventura live recordings on the Combinations DVD. IMHO, thats some of the best recorded representation of what Eisley really sounds like around. The mix was perfect that day.
Last edited by inorbit on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:10 am; edited 2 times in total
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

boyd wrote:
wilsmith - wow; you're dredging up (excavating) core artifactual evidence from the heart of Room Noises birthing pains. Right about the time I shot that Lost at Sea video at Cole Rehearsal studios, the band's current management was wigging out and weirding out over prospective songs from the band. There were some dark moments. More good moments but - always from within.

That's all from general recollection, I just remember that stuff cause it was really engrossing. At my job I had a lot of time to sit at the desk and veg, and I spent most of it looking up bands and finding music on myspace and purevolume to listen to, or allmusic to read up on the bands (that's how it was done in the pre-wiki age). and not many bands/ artists had the depth of content that was on Eisley.org as it were.

And of course, it was well written, riveting stuff, or whimsically written verbiage about nothing in particular. It rotated between engrossing, entertaining, and emotive. It was a unique experience, at times Independent of the music altogether. It's been strange to see the music drift closer to the content of the LC as far as taking on literal roots in the lives of the band. A game changer that generated much due love from the lot of us. They could teach sociology and psychology course on this, of that I'm sure.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
lessthaninfinite
Sea Post King

sorry to veer back on topic, but apparently this "river session" was invasion, smarter, better love, mr. moon. one of my friends who still lives in michigan went, and hopefully i should have a picture or two to share when he gets home.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

lessthaninfinite wrote:
sorry to veer back on topic,

Laughing good stuff.

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Yea, love the Better Love on local station. Nice. May be your first time on the airways of Milwaukee?

http://oncherrystreet.tumblr.com/post/3193033403/eisley-plays-better-l ove-live-on-wyms-milwaukee
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
Yea, love the Better Love on local station. Nice. May be your first time on the airways of Milwaukee?

http://oncherrystreet.tumblr.com/post/3193033403/eisley-plays-better-l ove-live-on-wyms-milwaukee

67 reblogs and notes on my post in a day? I feel a sense of 'net-accomplishment, somehow. (i am "hilhart")
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Were any of the other radio/acoustic performances uploaded anywhere? Smile
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

The Grand Rapids session is up here,
looks like just "Better Love"
http://www.grcmc.org/index.php?page=radio&s=audio_video&embed_id=857