Laughing City
drowningsea
Sea Post King

kLafied wrote:
In the second verse of Sad does she say "Softly sighs my nightingale, another broken promise tips the scale and it goes pale." ?

Yep, pretty sure!
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

EVR is mailing out the CDs this week if I remember right. Wish they were based in Los Angeles instead of NY because for whatever reason mail always travels faster here coming from the west. Confused
mermaidentwinedshrubbery
Sea Post King

This is fantastic. Thank you!!
Joined: 10 Jun 2005 | Posts: 192 | Location: Castle Rock, CO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Catey wrote:
Aw man, Blair can't compete with Tobias and the black kid! You win this GIF war my friend, THIS TIME!

Also can anyone else imagine Kind as a Disney song r is that just me?

Yes! 2 points for me!

And yes, it's very Disney-esque. I love it. My brother and I were talking about how the new album has some very cinematic songs in it. He has only heard clips but he really likes the feel of the new album from what he's heard. The strings in Kind are beautiful. Dear Lord, are they beautiful.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
oathmeal
Sea Post King

I was expecting Watch It Die to be my favorite off the album, but it might be Kind...or Better Love. Heck I love 'em all.
Catey
Lost at Forum

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid wrote:
Catey wrote:
Aw man, Blair can't compete with Tobias and the black kid! You win this GIF war my friend, THIS TIME!

Also can anyone else imagine Kind as a Disney song r is that just me?

Yes! 2 points for me!

And yes, it's very Disney-esque. I love it. My brother and I were talking about how the new album has some very cinematic songs in it. He has only heard clips but he really likes the feel of the new album from what he's heard. The strings in Kind are beautiful. Dear Lord, are they beautiful.

I will get you next time with some Liz Lemon LL style!

Yeah, I could picture Kind in The Little Mermaid if it was ever re-made - not sure why but TLM and Kind just seem like they'd be a perfect match. There are a LOT of cinematic songs from this album, might has well by the soundtrack to my life.

Kind is giving me the bumps right now, Stacy's vocals plus those strings is chilling.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
RockerChick
Sea Post King

No offense to Eisley, but this is so much better than Combinations. Very Happy
MichaelMakeArt
Sea Post King

I don't post much on the forums, but I freaking love all the love this band/album are getting. Most of us will defend the Dickens out of the Dupree's -- there isn't enough of this kind of music in the world, and haters gon' hate for the worst reasons ("they're just jealous" mom's always have the best quotes). I like loving the music of a band with such a strong appreciation for family, love, and fulfillment. It seeps into their music, and makes it SO GOOD. Rich in life.

Most people don't have the innate optimism and hope that I think this family has. I'm just glad that they keep releasing music, to share their work -- so many people really love it, and y'all know this album will help so many people through their own rough times.

Tangental, sorry. Just had to express that. Thanks Eisley/Spin for the early stream. It's like a cool summer breeze.
sebas
Golly, Poster

$#@! amazing :]

-Mahatma, Gandhi
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

RockerChick wrote:
No offense to Eisley, but this is so much better than Combinations. Very Happy

and Room Noises... combined.

I don't mean to be melodramatic, but I can't even form coherent thoughts about The Valley yet. every time I try all that comes out is some derivation of "wow," "holy crap," or "dannnnnng."

I told myself I wasn't going to listen to it til March 1, but I'm on rotation #3. Laughing
olimario
Laughing Citizen

I really like 'Combinations'.
This is just different and I'm happy about that.
Caley
Lost at Forum

Ahh! I want to keep listening but I have to write a story for my creative writing class. Too bad I'm not writing something that wasn't so creepy or else I'd continue to listen, but I don't want my psycho character to start shaking and crying all of a sudden because I am (these melodies are soooo good... and "I Wish" is still making me swoon to the moon and back). LOL.
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Okay, had one listen through!

I'm so excited for Eisley with this album. Even if it's a slow burn/growth, I can't see how more and more people can do anything but like it!

I really like "I Wish" (and I'm pretty sure that's NOT because it's the only one I didn't spoil for myself, haha). It was interesting, not so much a standard structure at first, and I like the call and response-esk bridge. Did anyone else find themselves singing along with the "ooh!"s towards the end? I did. Maybe I was already revved up from the previous songs, but I see that being a big singalong at the concerts, haha.

Other notes: The whole album has a sort of energy. I felt bad dancing to "Watch it Die" and "Sad," but I do like how even if the lyrics are poignant and sad, the music is kicking. Better Love was cool, live and recorded, I like that drum rhythm at the break/end.

So yeah. I mean I love LOVE their old mellow style, but there's just a different energy to these songs that I noticed even when they were performing them live on the current tour. Excited to get to know these songs through repeated listens! Wink
Last edited by Mystic210 on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
likeolikeh
Sea Post King

This is my first post on here, but ive been a long time lurker. Getting that out of the way, I have to say this album is amazing. I'm glad Eisley was able to get over/through all the drama, and setbacks to finally get this album done, and to our ears. They are a stronger band because of what they have endured through the years, and the music shows that.

I cannot wait to get my pre-order, thank you again Eisley, and Equal Vision. I've been a fan of EVR since their old Coheed days, they are an awesome label.
robotjellyfish
Sea Post King

Oh god, now Better Love is sticking with me! I can't even pick a favorite, which is a good thing. AHHHHHHHHHHH. I can't wait until I have my CD and shirt in my hands/on my torso!

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>