Laughing City
crusso
Sea Post King

Definitely "I Wish"

Love it. Lots.

Sad is pretty jammin' too. Haven't heard Sherri sing a song like that before.

Oxygen Mask is fun too. Love Stacy's voice on it. She's really turned into a wonderful singer (she was already though).
ks1990
Lost at Forum

I'm not surprised everyone is saying 'I Wish'. It's just stunning.
crusso
Sea Post King

The more I listen to it the more I like all of the songs (I wasn't sure about some of them at first). I'm really glad i didn't pay much attention to the early releases or I'd have burned myself out on the Valley, Smarter, Ambulance. Now I get to enjoy them Smile
Mylovelyislostatsea
Sea Post King

Oh gosh I cannot decide anymore.
I know that Sad is my favorite, but the rest are all so good as well. The whole album is my favorite. Very Happy

BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

IMO, Ambulance is the clear favorite. People might be forgetting as it's been available for a while.

Mr. Moon, Better Love, and The Valley as 2-4 in no particular order.
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

i like the vajayjay, oxen musk, i swish and ambien!!

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
boone
Vintage Newbie

Nowhere Man wrote:
i like the vajayjay

Who doesn't?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jain
Sea Post King

Not nearly enough love for Mr. Moon and Please.

Those songs are my favorites, no questions asked.
robotjellyfish
Sea Post King

DEFINITELY Watch it Die.

The more I listen to the album, the more I like each of the songs individually... but... I feel like the song order is off. I wish Better Love was the last song, and Ambulance was the first. I mean, assuming I actually have the right idea of what each song is about. I wish I was taken through a story from start to finish.
CBmp3
Sea Post King

robotjellyfish wrote:
I wish...and Ambulance was the first. I mean, assuming I actually have the right idea of what each song is about. I wish I was taken through a story from start to finish.

Not taking knowledge of what the songs are about into account, I would say that "Ambulance" would have made an awesome track 1. I think "The Valley" works as an opener too, but I think it would have been a better idea to have that like midway through the album, maybe like a track 6 or something. Almost in the way that a vinyl album would have been years ago--in the sense that if "Ambulance" were track 1 and "The Valley" were track 6, they would each open their respective sides of the record.

Doesn't matter now, but discussion is what this place is about, right? So there's my opinion.

Smile

Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

Can't get over Chauntelle's part in, "Watch it Die" -- an absolute TREAT to my ears.
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

I agree about the order. I think it's because I read so many reviews or interviews talking about it's this journey through the valley and the album doesn't seem to show the journey in order. You can see the journey, yes, but it's broken up. I don't know. I think the track list should have brought you down to the lowest point and the by the end brought you back to a better spot but that's just me.

I could've easily seen the track order something like this this is done on a whim, so I'm just kind of figuring how it could've made it into what I was talking about in the last paragraph.

Oxygen Mask
Ambulance
Please
Watch It Die
Smarter
The Valley
Mr. Moon
Sad
I Wish
Better Love
Kind

I'm not sure, but I think it kind of would've taken you through the valley with them and brought to the other side. I really like concept albums though and having the album take you on this journey, though. That list was something just thrown together, but I might actually make a playlist of the album and switch it up to see if I can find a good way to make a journey out of it. Starting at point A and going to point B.

If I do, I'll post the order. That's one thing that kind of puzzled me about this release. All the songs are really solid and so good but why didn't they do them in order since they said it's a journey? It's honestly not that big of a deal, but I'm just curious.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I like how Ambulance caps the album, almost like it's their "The Empire Strikes Back." For the first time, I have absolutely no problems with the song order or selection.

My favorites?

The Valley, Sad, Better Love, Mr. Moon, Ambulance. Closely followed by everything else. This album gets downright obscene at times.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

^ As I was talking about how I like how the album kind of jumps back and forth between a "Ooh, pretty!" moment to a "Whoa, rock on" moment in another thread, I realized I don't think I actually have a problem with the order either. I thought I did but it's kind of genius to intertwine it and make them go back and forth with each song. I still would like to hear how it'd sound to do what I was already talking about in my last post, but I can't say it actually bugs me. I just think I'm more curious to hear the order in the way the events played out, I guess.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Lynn
Golly, Poster

My favourites are Please and Kind. But I love the whole album so much!

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>