Laughing City
CBmp3
Sea Post King

I definitely understand your issue with that. I've noticed that with pre-orders, labels sometimes take the approach of sending the slower mail rate stuff earlier (so that it arrives in time for the release date). Thing with that is like what you're saying..."Why did I pay all this for shipping if it wouldn't have made a difference?" (or in your case, you're even likely to be even more upset because you actually got it after those people that ordered with the really cheap shipping, as opposed to the same time). Now, I realize that we are talking the difference of a day in regards to this, but I absolutely see your concern and I would be just as upset as you are. Ok, juan_diego, you're on shipping cost patrol and I'm over in my own thread trying to take care of my damaged litho. I hope we don't have our work cut out for ourselves! Very Happy
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

There wasn't any free shipping just cheaper options. I noticed when I was deciding my mail option that they stated that they were going to be shipping early to ensure that it arrived at least by the release date. I think that their main concern was getting it out to everybody by then, not so much getting it out super early to anybody. I can understand the frustration cause it's unfair but if you weren't seeing other people gloating on here you would have been happy to get it 4 days before it's official release date.
Did I mention I already got my cd and I used the cheapest mail option?

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

I've been dying to know where my order is so I decided to try typing in all the possible wrong emails I may have put it (misisng letters, mispelled, etc.) and I found it! (I don't know why I didn't try that to begin with, duh!)

But mine is still processing... booooooo.

oathmeal
Sea Post King

Well my shirt and CD pre-order finally says that it has shipped. I got another one of the shirts that I ordered today, but not the mega-bundle yet. Hopefully I can get it Monday before the drop date. I finally got some shipping info today though. Apparently it was in Massachusetts last night.
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

kLafied wrote:
I've been dying to know where my order is so I decided to try typing in all the possible wrong emails I may have put it (misisng letters, mispelled, etc.) and I found it! (I don't know why I didn't try that to begin with, duh!)

But mine is still processing... booooooo.

EDIT. Just got mine! The doorbell rang and I ran to the door haha; Eisley Cd/t-shirt and necklace I ordered were waiting for me. Double yay!

robotjellyfish
Sea Post King

Caley wrote:
cynlovescandy wrote:
Ugh. Mine is processing!!! I got the t-shirt... so I think that could be why.
Poop.

robotjellyfish wrote:

Same here! I'm getting antsy already!

oathmeal wrote:

I also got the one with the t-shirt and mine still says that it's processing, but I also ordered the mega-bundle and it says that it has shipped.

We can all be antsy together then because I also got the CD + Shirt bundle. I guess our bundle is the loser of the bunch! LOL.

Mine came today!!!! I haven't even opened it yet...
Caley
Lost at Forum

^Mine must've come too since I just got an email from the people that handle my mail at my apartment saying I have to come to the office to pick it up (it can't fit into my mail box). But since I'm not there, I have to wait until after my friends' rugby match to pick it up!

WOOOOOOOT. Y'ALL.

Cendrillon
Golly, Poster

Mine came today, it still said my order was processing though. So whatever. BUT. I got the shirt/cd bundle, and I definitely ordered an XS t-shirt, and I got a youth large. Adult XS and Youth L are not the same at all. It's too short and looks ridiculous on me...I'm going to have to send it back.
Caley
Lost at Forum

Cendrillon wrote:
Mine came today, it still said my order was processing though. So whatever. BUT. I got the shirt/cd bundle, and I definitely ordered an XS t-shirt, and I got a youth large. Adult XS and Youth L are not the same at all. It's too short and looks ridiculous on me...I'm going to have to send it back.

Oh man, that sucks! Hopefully you can exchange it for a larger size.

I bought a shirt at a show once, thinking it was a unisex sized shirt... Nope, it was a ladies small, so I felt like a complete idiot when I got home. LOL.

Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Got my package today!

Side note from past conversations in this very long thread:

1) What picture was weird? Maybe it's only in the CD packaging because I don't see anything from the sleeve they included in the vinyl! I liked the extra stickers that were included, ha.

2) I know the reason to have vinyl nowadays are more to seem Cool Laughing but I was waiting for some real distinctions with all that debate on what can hold more data, etc. The WAV file they sent out with the vinyl orders must be pretty spot on, because I don't hear any real difference. I tried the comparison test before with the new Sufjan, and I heard more background sounds on the record than the mp3 they sent out. It's still a cool red, though. Wink
boone
Vintage Newbie

WAVs are CD quality.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
likeolikeh
Sea Post King

There are a ton of cool things hidden in some of these songs that you can't hear unless you rock the headphones. I use Rockbox on my iPod to play lossless .wave and .flac stuff.
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

juan_diego wrote:
I try not to be "that guy" but, I'm sending an e-mail to Merchnow support and demanding a refund for shipping. It really irks me that I paid $25 dollars for the fastest shipping possible and STILL don't have my order while the people who got the free standard shipping have been receiving their orders since Wednesday and Thursday.

My order was scheduled for delivery today, but of course I was at work and UPS required a signature. It is now scheduled for delivery on Monday. I'm not blaming merchnow, or EVR or whoever sent out the orders for the fact that I wasn't home today. I'm just annoyed, I don't understand why they sent out the Free shipping orders FIRST when I shelled out MORE money.

Nowhere Man wrote:
There wasn't any free shipping just cheaper options. I noticed when I was deciding my mail option that they stated that they were going to be shipping early to ensure that it arrived at least by the release date. I think that their main concern was getting it out to everybody by then, not so much getting it out super early to anybody. I can understand the frustration cause it's unfair but if you weren't seeing other people gloating on here you would have been happy to get it 4 days before it's official release date.
Did I mention I already got my cd and I used the cheapest mail option?

Ya know the whole pre-order thing muddled my thinking. I figured that their obligation was just to get it to you by release date. And that's true but if I ordered anything from somewhere with 2nd day air shipping I wouldn't want them to hold my processing back just so that some random people with cheap shipping would get theirs at the same time or sooner. I don't know if that's what really happened. They processed my order pretty fast as soon as the cd's were available. I ordered on the 19th and it was shipped on the 23rd but the good ol' USPS really came through delivering by the 24th.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
lessthaninfinite
Sea Post King

package came today, yet my status on merchnow still says processing...
sully_51
Golly, Poster

Still no package for me. Sad Sad