Laughing City
rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

I don't know if I made it really clear, but I don't actually want the group to split and the quote wasn't mine. I just wanted to pose that interesting question that I read in comments elsewhere.

I actually haven't listened to the album all the way through because I wanted to listen once I got the cd. I can't wait anymore though, judging from all this great talk.

http://kimschaefer.bandcamp.com/

http://youtube.com/kimschaefermusic
Last edited by rockchick1959 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

mister_joseph wrote:
"oh, that was just a little something i was playing with while waiting to rinse my hair dye," she said, drying her hair..

Laughing Classic.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

rockchick1959 wrote:
I don't know if I made it really clear, but I don't actually want the group to split and the quote wasn't mine. I just wanted to pose that interesting question that I read in comments elsewhere.

I think the same person posted their thoughts on here a couple of days ago.
http://www.eisley.com/laughingcity/viewtopic.php?t=38376&postdays=0&po storder=asc&start=30
___
mister_joseph wrote:
i remember my first visit to the DuPree household (gosh i sound like i'm name-dropping there), I was chatting with Boyd and all of a sudden this sound comes from upstairs--it was a lot like Bjork and Portishead, very trip-hoppy and somewhat seductive. it only lasted less than a minute. then came this very pretty little melody, using the same basic notes as the previous piece. then, it was back to the trip hop. then back, for about fifteen minutes.

"oh, that's just Stacy practicing," Boyd said, when it first happened.

when she came downstairs i said, "hey, I liked that thing you were just playing!"

"oh, that was just a little something i was playing with while waiting to rinse my hair dye," she said, drying her hair..

and that is my first meeting with Stacy!

point being is Eisley is like the iceberg that sunk the Titanic. those three albums, two ep's, numerous digital ep's and live shows are only the surface...

haha Eisley sunk the Titanic!

I'm hoping Stacy's solo stuff will be trip-hoppy like some of the old demos but she may be over that sound.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX