Laughing City
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

Sea Post King

I don't have my CD yet, will post pic when I finally get my mitts on it...

moonlightgaze wrote:

vinyl!

I have those bedsheets!
Joined: 08 Aug 2007 | Posts: 158 | Location: Northern Ireland
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

oathmeal wrote:
wilsmith wrote:
Kit wrote:
The Valley has officially joined the fold...

Cool

This shirt is actually too large for me, so I don't wear it often.

Got em' all cept the Upper Right corner, is that a DIY or was that a single release of Telescope eyes maybe?

I've got all of them except a physical copy of EP1 which I wish I had and the one in the top right corner (while I do have all the songs courtesy of SYP).

I'm assuming Slimline jewel case = Burn, cause that art for EP2 (that's what that is, EP1 has pics of the Duprees when they were all blonde and hella young). It's all about Itunes & printing that single-sided Jewel Case Wink

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Kit
Sea Post King

wilsmith wrote:

I'm assuming Slimline jewel case = Burn, cause that art for EP2 (that's what that is, EP1 has pics of the Duprees when they were all blonde and hella young). It's all about Itunes & printing that single-sided Jewel Case Wink

I bought that directly from the band when they had a gig at Brewtones opening for Radiant and Holland (sometime in July or August 2002). I'm pretty sure that's the same exact slim case. There's art on both sides and autographs on the front (I didn't have them sign it until 2005 or so when they toured with The Elected). The CD is a Verbatim and has a MossEisley stamp on it.

The first time I actually saw them though was in early Feb that same year. I tried to pinpoint the exact date in the tour date archives a while back but it didn't even seem to be documented. I just know a band called Model 777 was there.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Ah... You've got an Official one. The perks of being an "early adopter" indeed. So the the art is 2-sided or are you saying there is art on both sides of the jewel case, on the over and in the tray??? Just curious and looking for clarification.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
ks1990
Lost at Forum

Does anyone kinda wish The Valley came in a jewel case?

I'm not really feeling this new trend of digipacks. At the end of the day, though, it's a trivial matter, so I don't care one way or the other, but I guess jewel cases are better for continuity's sake.

/OCD Embarassed Laughing
ync
Golly, Poster

i also got the litho too in the $35 bundle

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Wink
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

That's 2 for two of color coordinated Colored Vinyl shots Very Happy

If people could post shots without their faces in them we could make a pretty cool Wallpaper out of all the pics.

ks1990 wrote:

I'm not really feeling this new trend of digipacks. At the end of the day, though, it's a trivial matter, so I don't care one way or the other, but I guess jewel cases are better for continuity's sake.

/OCD Embarassed Laughing

I've broken the hinges off of so many jewel cases & had to use bookbinding or packing tape to rig them that I am 100% for Digipacs and Slipcases now.

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

wilsmith wrote:

ks1990 wrote:

/OCD Embarassed Laughing

I've broken the hinges off of so many jewel cases & had to use bookbinding or packing tape to rig them that I am 100% for Digipacs and Slipcases now.

you beat me to it, Wil... I don't think I own a jewel case over a month or two old that remains entirely intact. Aside from the completely unnecessary environmental impact.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

yeah, but you included the Pro-Green guilt-trip exoneration aspect I was thinking but didn't say for some intangibly self-conscious reason.

And as someone with OCD tendencies myself, The Valley is more in keeping with Laughing City and Marvelous Things (both Slipcases) so by sheer numbers Room Noises and Combinations are the outliers in the Eisley discography Wink

I'm sure WB will fix that with a Gatefold Slipcase 2cd set* should Eisley's Snowball keep rolling (I've got a feeling it will, it feels like a ringing in my ears, one that sounds REALLY good) the way it has so far Very Happy

*Yeah you could get both records on 1 cd, but you can charge more for 2cds, and use the extra space to add all the itunes & EP exclusives a bonus tracks to flesh out the release and allow you to put a "First Time Available on CD!" sticker on there!

boone
Vintage Newbie

Super jewel boxes are the best way to package a CD that I've seen. They're tougher, have better hinges, and look pretty sweet. They're more popular in Europe and Japan, I think, but the bottom line will definitely keep them from being ubiquitous in America—they cost a bit more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kit
Sea Post King

wilsmith wrote:
Ah... You've got an Official one. The perks of being an "early adopter" indeed. So the the art is 2-sided or are you saying there is art on both sides of the jewel case, on the over and in the tray??? Just curious and looking for clarification.

There's only one insert and it has art on both sides. This is what the insert looks like on the other side...

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

boone wrote:
Super jewel boxes are the best way to package a CD that I've seen. They're tougher, have better hinges, and look pretty sweet. They're more popular in Europe and Japan, I think, but the bottom line will definitely keep them from being ubiquitous in America—they cost a bit more.

enlighten me; what do they do for you that cardboard doesn't?
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^ They're an upgrade on the jewel cases, as far as Durability. The Hinges are harder to break, the cd affixes to the tray pretty well, and they don't flex, which prevents the cds (and jewel case)from getting bend or cracked if they were to be sat on, etc.

Kit wrote:
wilsmith wrote:

There's only one insert and it has art on both sides. This is what the insert looks like on the other side...

Ah Ha! Never seen that sheet there. THANK YOU for taking that photo and posting to clear it up Very Happy It's sort of funny to read that "Come Visit ss at www.MossEisley.com , We Live There." Laughing oh to be back in the day when Myspace and FB where just a twinkle in some computer geek's eye. Razz

boone wrote:

So that's what those are called. I have 1 of them, I think it was an AOL cd of all things that came in it, and I was so impressed with it I sat it aside waiting to burn a dvd of stuff I felt was so valuable it merited being in such a case. Yes, I am that odd.

grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Remember when you could buy those crackable/breakable jewel cases in those absurd longboxes just so they would fit in the LP bins and make people think they weren't getting cheated by a smaller-sized product? Get two environmentally irresponsible packages for the price of one!

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>