Laughing City
oathmeal
Sea Post King

It's on the freaking front page of iTunes!!!!! Just scroll a little to the right in music from this week. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
boone
Vintage Newbie

It's on the iTunes front page on the iPhone, too. Impressive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
eiswood09
Sea Post King

oathmeal wrote:
It's on the freaking front page of iTunes!!!!! Just scroll a little to the right in music from this week. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

nice!! Very Happy Very Happy Cool Mr. Green Love

It's #8 on Amazon's Bestsellers in MP3 Albums!

Lost at Forum

oathmeal wrote:

Holy macaroni! I'm hoping some people buy it on impulse since it's on the front page twice (in the New and Noteworthy section and in the Indie section).

Last edited by Caley on Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
eiswood09
Sea Post King

Caley wrote:
oathmeal wrote:

Holy macaroni! I'm hope some people buy it on impulse since it's on the front page twice (in the New and Noteworthy section and in the Indie section).

I have a feeling this is going to be Eisley's year Very Happy

Sea Post King

Someone on facebook said that Eisley's #39 on itunes top album downloads Very Happy
Sea Post King

eiswood09 wrote:
Someone on facebook said that Eisley's #39 on itunes top album downloads Very Happy

Not sure where they saw that. It's #60 overall, #16 in alternative rock. Still great though!
oathmeal
Sea Post King

drowningsea wrote:
eiswood09 wrote:

Not sure where they saw that. It's #60 overall, #16 in alternative rock. Still great though!

It's number 16 for the deluxe and number 31 for the standard. The standard is also 142 overall. So if you combined them they're really higher than it says because the sales are counted separately. Smile
Luke's Mom
Sea Post King

You know what we can do pretty easily? We can get The Valley to #1 on the Amazon 'Most Highly Rated' list on the digital downloaded albums chart. If you purchased from Amazon, that is included in the algorithm, but you can still review it w/o an Amazon purchase. I think having a 'NUMBER 1 ON AMAZON Highest Rated' in their debut week would be a forever kind of thing. And a good thing to put on promotional blurbs. It is doable. They needn't be very long. What do you think?
Joined: 26 Jul 2004 | Posts: 420 | Location: Cranberry Bog, MA
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Indeed! That's a great idea!

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Luke's Mom
Sea Post King

I've done some algorithm nut crunching and I'm pretty convinced that if The Valley gets 100 or more reviews of 5 stars by people who have purchased through Amazon it will reach number 1. The longer it takes to do this, the higher that number has to be.
It would be nice to get Eisley to request this on their FB page but I can see how that might be awkward. Maybe a 'Thank you for all the people who took the time to write written reviews on Amazon and ITunes. Every single one helps!'
Eisley is sinking slowly in the Charts (expected after a HUGE debut day) so this is a way of keeping them on the front page.
OK! Thanks and spread the word. It only takes a few seconds.
Joined: 26 Jul 2004 | Posts: 420 | Location: Cranberry Bog, MA
oathmeal
Sea Post King

^^^Just went and posted my review.
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Luke's Mom wrote:

It would be nice to get Eisley to request this on their FB page but I can see how that might be awkward. Maybe a 'Thank you for all the people who took the time to write written reviews on Amazon and ITunes. Every single one helps!'

That's probably a good, non-arm-twisting way to go about it. When people read that they might be inspired to write something too.

StuartBuck
Sea Post King

Posted on both Amazon and ITunes just now:

I've loved Eisley's brand of alternately whimsical and poignant pop/rock since I first heard "Room Noises" back in 2005 while browsing in a Barnes & Noble. This family quintet from Texas, headlined by the singing duo Stacy and Sherri DuPree, had one of their first breaks when they were picked as teenagers to tour with Coldplay.

But with their latest album "The Valley," Eisley has risen to new heights. The songs will stick in your ear for days, and the lyrics are hard-hitting and personal. Yes, most of the songs deal with the heart-breaking splits that the DuPrees went through, but they manage to do so in a remarkable variety of ways: some songs are defiant, some are tear-jerkingly sad, and some are happy and hopeful about better prospects ahead.

This is sure to be one of the best of 2011.

grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Right now on Amazon, The Valley is sitting at

#15 Paid in MP3 Albums
#5 in MP3 Downloads > MP3 Albums > Alternative Rock Cool

The CD is at

#79 in Music > Rock

and climbing. Exclamation Cool I bet a few people have bought the digital copy and upon listening thought "Holy poop this is great, I've got to have this on CD too!"