| next >>
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

CBmp3 wrote:
Saellys wrote:
CBmp3 wrote:
Saellys,

1. prescription of Chill...bring that up to the counter

AKA, I Don't Know Why I'm Being So Aggressive And Sarcastic And Can't Seem To Stop 20mg

Just want to point out my hilarious line there. That was really good, I felt.
First, let me reassure you that I am seated comfortably and my heart is beating at its normal resting rate. Second, here's a hot tip: there is no quicker way to lose whatever respect a person in a discussion may have previously had for you than by telling her to "chill" or implying that she's being unnecessarily aggressive.
I didn't imply it, I said it. And...you were. (?)
CBmp3 wrote:
2. I flat out said that I was basing this off of my own experiences and what I've heard. And it's just how I've felt at concerts. And it's my opinion, and maybe people share it. Maybe they don't. This is a discussion forum, no?

I know that's what you flat out said. And I asked what experiences would have led you to make such an incredibly broad statement. There, now we've both repeated ourselves. Personally, I hope your opinion isn't shared by many people, but it sure would explain why there aren't more popular female-fronted bands out there.
Yes, this alone would explain why. <<<< I can do sarcasm too!
They're in the minority in the first place, and I doubt that this is largely because people aren't packing full-on chick-fronted bills. I think it has a lot to do with the way things have been for a long time and/or maybe just how society operates. I could go further for reasons that seem obvious to me, but don't feel like it and I'm sure you'll argue it regardless.

CBmp3 wrote:
3. True, female-fronted band A might not sound a lot like female-fronted band B, or C, or D, etc., but my experience/opinions based of these is that bands that are more "like" a band and that are supposedly "complementary" actually yield the opposite effect. Again, for me anyway.

4. Don't know if this matters, but some of my favorite artists/bands are female.

I'm not sure what either of those points have to do with anything. Clearly you like female musicians; you're on the Eisley forum. I don't recall saying anything to the contrary.

Yeah, but you were criticizing what I was saying like I had some issue with things, and I don't. So then I have to think, 'why is this person being so offended?' So I try to make logical connections.
CBmp3 wrote:
5. Not trying to start anything with you. Being humorous is what feels good and I'm taking a light-hearted approach to this/you, but honestly I just didn't appreciate the way you were responding to my stuff, so just relax and realize that I'm not attacking the band. Love the band, just offering my opinion on this matter, be it unpopular or not.

No ill will, really.

Again, you're not in the same room with me, so kindly refrain from telling me to relax. It's insulting when I haven't said or done anything to warrant such a command.

Anyone else? Feel free to chime in.
I made no claim about you attacking the band, and had no illusions about such a thing over the course of this conversation. As for the way I was responding to your stuff, you'll have to forgive my lack of sympathy. I've responded to statements that appeared to be incredibly biased and generalized, and I'm still waiting for some explanation beyond "Some of my favorite artists are female".
Ok, I shouldn't have said that. Wasn't really thought through. I should have said attacking...in general. I assumed that given how you were responding to me that you were getting defensive because you thought I was insulting or attacking something. I'm not going to entertain any of this anymore, FYI. Just saying so you know not to ask questions to me if you choose to respond to this. There's no point that I see. I'm good over here.

I was interested in having an actual discussion with you, free from ad hominem crap, where the questions I asked got answered directly with some measure of respect and sobriety. But if that's not going to happen, so be it.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
boone
Vintage Newbie

I'm not sexist, my mom is female.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
StuartBuck
Sea Post King

Deas Vail. This past year, they toured with Copeland, Lydia, and Owl City, and did a few gigs with Switchfoot. They've also played at Brewtones, if I'm not mistaken -- their guitarist (a friend of mine) said that they'd love to tour with Eisley sometime.

They're wonderfully melodic, and the singer has the most spot-on tenor I've heard. And hey, his wife plays keyboards and sings too.

Videos I took: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShkNqaQ1l-0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4-nlG8SFlU

UPDATE: I forgot this video, which shows Deas Vail sitting in a field and doing an acoustic version of the song White Lights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4VUliPpWFk

This live rendition of 'The Great Physician' is good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2H1BKv1g4c&feature=related

Last edited by StuartBuck on Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Cendrillon
Golly, Poster

^ Yes to Deas Vail. Yes please.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^ ditto. I was looking for them on a CD run Thursday at Vintage Vinyl and blanked on the name, AGAIN Mad Asked the clerk to search for the song Shoreline on youtube, or the tours they opened for MAE and Owl City here in STL and couldn't find em'. When he did, he was like, "well... we've never had any of their cds in the store, cept for the last one they had."

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Agreed. Deas Vail would be awesome. I've really gotten into them recently.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

Forgot Holly Miranda. Love her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugaWI1gyhwo

She even looks like Stacy @ 3:40

johnip
Vintage Newbie

Metallica
Vintage Newbie

johnip wrote:
Metallica
I think they should cover One. No wait, Nothing Else Matters. I could actually see it working... Laughing
Meggers
Vintage Newbie

Looks like they're going on tour with Christie and The Narrative. They're playing at Martini Ranch in Scottsdale, AZ May 11th.

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

^YAY! I love that they keep taking Christie out with them. It's really awesome to be able to see her live and it's cool to keep it so close knit and in the family.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:

dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Caley
Lost at Forum

Meggers wrote:
Looks like they're going on tour with Christie and The Narrative. They're playing at Martini Ranch in Scottsdale, AZ May 11th.

Sweet. Looks like a cohesive lineup to me!

Does anyone know if they're posting the dates today or tomorrow?

norad
Vintage Newbie

Andrew and I were talking earlier and he said tour dates were going to be posted today. Smile
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

norad wrote:
Andrew and I were talking earlier and he said tour dates were going to be posted today. Smile

That's what Twitter said, at least...

Eisley's Twitter wrote:
Tour announcement tomorrow. Seems like we just got off one.
about 12 hours ago via web

Unless they meant, like tomorrow from 1 in the morning, but I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it's Friday... Either way, it's coming.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:

Caley
Lost at Forum

Looks like it's being called the Turning Tides Tour. It was posted on FB.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>