Laughing City
olimario
Laughing Citizen

EVR or Eisley-
How is The Valley tracking compares to Combinations?
Or do you even have sales data yet?

I think everyone would be interested to know.
norad
Vintage Newbie

Seems to be doing well:

Eisley's Facebook wrote:
Billboard: #8 Top Internet Albums, #12 Indie Album, #23 Alt Albums, #75 Top 200. Also: iTunes spotlight for week 2!
johnip
Vintage Newbie

And further down:

Eisley's Facebook also wrote:
Also... just because you're probably wondering: record sales shocked everyone. The numbers were the same # as first week sales on Combinations. You have to put it into context... that was 4 years ago before the industry tanked (most estimate it's down by 1/2 since then). Also, that was before we went invisible for 2+ years... (ahh!) and that was on a major. This is on a small indie. So... yep. Really thankful.

Sea Post King

Are there any LAST.fm users on here? In the past 7 days, I've accumulated...

83 plays on iTunes
75 plays on my iPod
= 158 in total + counting!

Since I'm a cheap bum and don't have a CD player in my car, I have the iPod Touch hooked up in there, but have been working allll week long. I've managed to listen to the album twice at work, once after the store closed & once while on break.

Also, here is the page for The Valley: http://www.last.fm/music/Eisley/The+Valley Note, that the numbers do not update daily, I think they update every Monday or Tuesday. The 96,383 plays could possibly explode by double or triple come next week!

Last edited by dangerous on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

johnip wrote:
And further down:

Eisley's Facebook also wrote:
Also... just because you're probably wondering: record sales shocked everyone. The numbers were the same # as first week sales on Combinations. You have to put it into context... that was 4 years ago before the industry tanked (most estimate it's down by 1/2 since then). Also, that was before we went invisible for 2+ years... (ahh!) and that was on a major. This is on a small indie. So... yep. Really thankful.

It was a good question- I think we all had thought of it, and a good answer.
But far from being surprised that it is keeping up with Combinations, I had hoped it would be blowing Combinations away by now.

I'd have expected the first couple of days to track or lag Combinations, but then for it to pull ahead strongly.

Maybe I just forget that it hasn't been out very long yet.

But I think it is premature to interpret the information that it is only tracking Combintations. I would expect the sales to sustain better on this one, and there is always the possibility that this turns out to be one of those albums that is only really "discovered" some time after release. It happens sometimes, and the conditions on this one are favorable for that, I think.

Purely speculative, of course - I could be completely out to lunch on it.
Kit
Sea Post King

Debuted at #80

http://www.billboard.com/news#/charts/billboard-200?begin=61&order=pos ition
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

The key thing to remember is that the industry has gone through major attrition with MEGASTARS like Kanye, Taylor Swift etc. selling a 10th of what their last records sold.

The fact that nearly 4 years later Eisley is maintaining their sales presence is tantamount to increasing their audience by a similar multiplier. That's a phenomenal success.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
ks1990
Lost at Forum

Wow, it debuted at 80 on the Billboard 200, wasn't expecting that. Very Happy

Sales figures for this chart haven't leaked yet, but if they do I'll be sure to post them in here. Boyd said they were roughly the same as the sales for Combinations which would mean around 9 thousand, then?

I did some digging on music chart forums for the chart in 2007 and found sales data for that album:

70 EISLEY COMBINATIONS 9,380 999 9,369

So, yeah. Fantastic for The Valley, especially considering this is album was released on an indepedent label and will not have been as widely stocked as Combinations. It's great that they've managed to stabilize sales between albums. It'll probably fall off the chart next week, but this definitely seems like the type of album that could be a sleeper hit. I'm sure it'll return, if and when their popularity increases/ potential TV placements/promo etc.
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

does my vinyl/cd combo count as two sales?

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
ks1990
Lost at Forum

I did some digging on music forums and found sales data of this weeks chart. I'll just post the relevant part here Laughing :

75 EISLEY VALLEY 28 6.792 NR 6.808

So that means, that apparently it sold 28 copies last week (maybe through some retailers putting it on shelves before March 1st) and 6,792 this week for a to-date total of 6,808 copies.

So not quite as much as Combinations did from the outset, but like wil said, that can be attributed to the dwindling record industry. They've definitely increased their audience
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

dangerous wrote:

83 plays on iTunes
75 plays on my iPod

Eisley climbed from #7 to #3 in my overall artist plays thanks to The Valley. One more spin will tie them with #2, so watch yer backs XTC. Smile

Kit
Sea Post King

grain thrower wrote:
dangerous wrote:

83 plays on iTunes
75 plays on my iPod

Eisley climbed from #7 to #3 in my overall artist plays thanks to The Valley. One more spin will tie them with #2, so watch yer backs XTC. Smile

XTC will be sitting in my #1 spot for a while. Cool I think Eisley was on my 4th page, but they have since shot to the 3rd with The Valley.

grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Kit wrote:
grain thrower wrote:
dangerous wrote:

83 plays on iTunes
75 plays on my iPod

XTC will be sitting in my #1 spot for a while. Cool I think Eisley was on my 4th page, but they have since shot to the 3rd with The Valley.

This is the first day I went Valley-less so their position is safe for today, but still fated to accepting the bronze medal. However that could change if I ever decide to splurge on Fuzzy Warbles.... Smile

Kit
Sea Post King

grain thrower wrote:
Kit wrote:
grain thrower wrote:
dangerous wrote:

83 plays on iTunes
75 plays on my iPod

This is the first day I went Valley-less so their position is safe for today, but still fated to accepting the bronze medal. However that could change if I ever decide to splurge on Fuzzy Warbles.... Smile

I only have physical copies of the first 4 volumes of Fuzzy Warbles. There's some great stuff on there. "Wonder Annual" is probably in my top 10 songs of the last decade (even though I think it was recorded for Nonsuch). I need the later 4 volumes. I know I can download them but I prefer physical copies. They are pretty rare though.

dangerous
Sea Post King

dangerous wrote:

83 plays on iTunes
75 plays on my iPod

Since I'm a cheap bum and don't have a CD player in my car, I have the iPod Touch hooked up in there, but have been working allll week long. I've managed to listen to the album twice at work, once after the store closed & once while on break.

Also, here is the page for The Valley: http://www.last.fm/music/Eisley/The+Valley Note, that the numbers do not update daily, I think they update every Monday or Tuesday. The 96,383 plays could possibly explode by double or triple come next week!

I've since accumulated
168 plays on iTunes
152 plays on my iPod

140,185 plays (4,285 listeners) compared to the 96,383 when I posted this is pretty impressive!