40%
 40%  [ 8 ]
No
60%
 60%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 20

kLafied
Laughing Citizen

I know it's hard to tell because my skin tone probably looks a little different in person (or maybe not, I have no idea,) but I was wondering what you guys think... and I'm procrastinating (finals week, arg.)

Here I am:

What I'm thinking:

I call it more caramel/brunette more than blonde... Blonde would look extremely unnatural on me. But what do you guys think about that color?

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

No, your color now fits you very well.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I'm guessing it will be flattering, and something new, but your natural color is also flattering, so it's really up to you (and your BF, if his opinion matters to you as far as your looks).

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Yeah, I think it might make you look a little generic, but that's just a guess. I agree that your current color really suits you, but I understand wanting a change for the new season. I've been thinking of going lighter myself (literally bleaching it :O). How about a lighter shade of red, since you appear to have natural red undertones?
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

tahruh wrote:
Yeah, I think it might make you look a little generic, but that's just a guess. I agree that your current color really suits you, but I understand wanting a change for the new season. I've been thinking of going lighter myself (literally bleaching it :O). How about a lighter shade of red, since you appear to have natural red undertones?

Hm, Red could be interesting. I just really want a change and I've wanted to go lighter for a long time though, I've just been too scared hah.

Three things are really keeping me from doing it
1) Price... When I go darker I just do it at home, but I always go to a salon when I get highlights, and it is VERY pricey
2) Maintenance. Lighter means roots growing in and it will be a pain (and again, super pricey) to keep up with that
3) It might look bad

I've been saving up just in case I decide to go through with it, but ultimately the price will be the thing that stops me if I decide not to do it.

And you're right, it could look generic... I generally hate the look of fake-blondes. I'm hoping if I do it that the color I'm going for will look a little more natural.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

If you want to go lighter, go lighter.

Look into lightening with honey. It brought my hair up about a shade over two short sessions in one afternoon with no damage, and I used stuff I already had in my house.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

I voted yes, but as a 'why not give a try' instead of 'you should do it' because it looks very nice as-is.
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:

Look into lightening with honey. It brought my hair up about a shade over two short sessions in one afternoon with no damage, and I used stuff I already had in my house.
It won't bring out blonde, though, since she has red undertones.

It actually might make it look quite brassy, judging by my own experiences.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
Saellys wrote:

*shrug* I suggested honey because cost is a consideration. Hair can be just as easily ruined by an expensive salon visit, particularly where lightening is involved.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

Saellys wrote:
tahruh wrote:
Saellys wrote:

*shrug* I suggested honey because cost is a consideration. Hair can be just as easily ruined by an expensive salon visit, particularly where lightening is involved.

I have a hair dresser I've been going to for years and I've had her put highlights in my hair a couple times, she's great. One summer I tried using Sun-In (That nasty chemical-based hair lightener in a spray bottle?) I more or less turned my hair orange. Something natural like honey probably wouldn't make nearly the impact, but I still would rather have a professional do my hair if I'm going to make it lighter... I find lightening to be too tricky to get right on your own.

Thanks for the suggestion though, I never knew honey could be used that way

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
tahruh wrote:
Saellys wrote:

Absolutely--been there, too. Laughing
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I think your hair looks great as it is, but as long as you aren't doing it because you think you need it to be pretty, or to impress a guy, or whatever, my ever-standing hair philosophy remains: "Go for it, because hair usually grows back." Laughing

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
happyface
Sea Post King

^ "...hair USUALLY grows back."
Joined: 23 Aug 2009 | Posts: 251 | Location: The Gold City, Puerto Rico
Polaris
Sea Post King

If you just want to try something different, I'm sure blonde would look good, but you already look beautiful with your current hair color.
olimario
Laughing Citizen

You're young.
I say you should go for it before you have a serious career and having fun with your hair becomes a huge risk.

In college I went full mohawk and enjoyed every second of it. Absolutely something I could not do now as an office manager and wedding photographer.

Good luck!
Have fun!