Laughing City
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

they reviewed Cake and STP, so that may have led me to them.

www.youtube.com/theneedledrop

this guys reviews started popping up on any google search as the first video and now he has quite a following. i think his king of limbs vid has 40k+ views. he didnt review eisley, but did do cake. covers a lot of pitchfork ground and maybe does some metal they dont.

www.youtube.com/threecreation

there is another one sorta touching on the same ground.

interesting how with minimal production values you can find a significant audience on youtube for music reviews. probably hard to top the needle drop as he seems to be the first to fill the niche'.

kinda makes me want to try, but i dont have the setup. how long before i see the wil smith show?

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Never. I may not do reviews anymore. I think I like being a fan and advocate more than I do an analyst or critic. I may just stick with interviews and the occasional concert preview. Confused

Maybe I'll change my mind, but since I don't write critical reviews, that means I only write positive ones, which undercuts the value of my writing. If I refuse to explain what I don't like, and just continue to ignore it, I'm not giving an adequate context to validate my advocacy, or at least that's how it feels.

Me writing an Eisley review feels insincere since I obviously like their music already and am invested as a fan. Preaching to the converted, meh...

Maybe I could do reviews of reviews, that might get something interesting out of me Wink

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:

Maybe I could do reviews of reviews, that might get something interesting out of me Wink

Actually I was thinking of that, too, like with the 2010 Underrated thing I did kind of questioning why the consensus seemed to undervalue 'x' album.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I like the idea, but it then I feel like I'd end up doing the same thing to critics that I wouldn't do to bands that keeps me from writing more reviews. If I can't say something nice...

maybe it IS time to embrace the Will O'Reilly concept???

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
cpro
Sea Post King

grain thrower wrote:

The Valley is unquestionably emotionally raw, melodically sparkling, and Eisley found a powerful and enriching way to transmit their feelings. When we leave our friends and then get a chance to meet up again years later, we are usually surprised by their changes in appearance - Jim has gained weight, Mike has a beard, and Angela has a few wrinkles. People don't naturally morph in our minds until we see them again. That is what hearing The Valley is like, but with sounds instead of sights. Eisley has changed since we last heard them - older, wiser, and empowered through experience.

Are they talking about The Office? Wink
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

cpro wrote:
grain thrower wrote:

The Valley is unquestionably emotionally raw, melodically sparkling, and Eisley found a powerful and enriching way to transmit their feelings. When we leave our friends and then get a chance to meet up again years later, we are usually surprised by their changes in appearance - Jim has gained weight, Mike has a beard, and Angela has a few wrinkles. People don't naturally morph in our minds until we see them again. That is what hearing The Valley is like, but with sounds instead of sights. Eisley has changed since we last heard them - older, wiser, and empowered through experience.

Are they talking about The Office? Wink

Laughing Laughing I swear, I chose those names at random but the subconscious mind sometimes works in mysterious ways!

(That's what she said!)