Laughing City
Cabius
Sea Post King

I'm flying from Dallas to LA (Los Angeles, not Louisiana) to surprise my girlfriend by taking her to see Eisley at Biola next month. I won't be in Dallas when they play here in June (I'll be in Europe, proposing to said girlfriend!), and I really don't want to miss 'em! (I was at the CD release party, but my gf wasn't, and anyway, you can hardly have too much Eisley).

What is the farthest that any of you have ever traveled to see Eisley? Or, for that matter, any other concert?

-Caleb Winn

"Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it." ~ C.S. Lewis
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

I went 100 miles. But yea, pretty sure some (Jamie...) have travelled thousands of miles.
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

I flew from Washington DC to Chicago to see the Mild Mild Midwest Tour last summer. I'm sure it's no record, but it certainly was expensive.

http://inconnumag.com
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

I did about 160 miles back in high school.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
norad
Vintage Newbie

During the Combinations tour my dad and I decided to go to Des Moines after the Lawrence, KS show. Cool It was an awesome experience.
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

I traveled to their Antarctica show back in '06.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

jamiga wrote:
I traveled to their Antarctica show back in '06.

Oh yeah? Well, I walked to that show. Uphill both ways. My journey was captured on film and turned into a documentary called March of the Penguins. Razz

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Congratulations
Sea Post King

I've flown from Northern Virginia to Orlando three times to catch four shows at The Social (Combinations Acoustic, Combinations, Fire Kite x2).

I dig Orlando. Good times. Smile

Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
Cabius
Sea Post King

Nice! So I'm not alone in my insanity. Wink

Edit: it took almost 5 years, but hey! 100 posts!

"Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it." ~ C.S. Lewis
kulvir
Laughing Citizen

I traveled 140 miles to Seattle back in 2008 and will be doing that again in May.
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

well... Edinburgh to London is 330 miles, which is the furthest I've ever travelled alone, and for a gig. Well, three gigs in two nights Laughing Not big by American standards - but Boyd recognised it as pretty epic. Laughing

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
Congratulations
Sea Post King

Cabius wrote:
Nice! So I'm not alone in my insanity. Wink

Ha, not at all, especially here.

Go with the insanity, enjoy the trip, and have a great time at the show. Smile
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I'll be going about 200 miles to see them this May (STL-KC).

Farthest distance to see a show though, STL to CHI (300-330 miles, not counting missing the 270-55 exit and having to double back) to see: The Velvet Teen, Sunny Day Real Estate, and The Pixies all on separate occasions.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Cabius
Sea Post King

Nice! I saw the Pixies at Street Scene in San Diego one year. Day one: Hot Hot Heat, Louis XIV, Garbage, and The Killers. Day two: Death Cab For Cutie, Dashboard Confessional, The Flaming Lips, and The Pixies. Amazing stuff.
marshking
Sea Post King

I wasn't sure if my trip from MS to Nashville was more or my trip from MS to Baton Rouge, so I google-mapped it.

Should I be ashamed that I've driven 287 miles to see this band? No! Smile

(Baton Rouge was the winner, surprisingly. It surely felt closer than Nashville)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger