Laughing City
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

CBmp3 wrote:
Not to be rude to you all, but 'fixing' it is not even entering my mind as an option. Not gonna do it.

I don't understand this at all. Sure, it's EVR's fault that your litho arrived with dings in it, but if there's something you can do to make it look better, and it will take less time than getting a replacement (which may not even exist) from the label, what compels you to not even try? I get that you started this thread chiefly to get EVR's attention and complain, but in the time you've spent doing that you could have already had a pressed and near-perfect litho on your wall.

I guess that's my upbringing talking. My parents taught me to do things myself whenever possible, because I can't rely on other people, even if they're responsible for an issue.

Best of luck in your quest to get a replacement.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
likeolikeh
Sea Post King

If you got one the band signed your replacement will probably not have their signatures on it.
CBmp3
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
CBmp3 wrote:
Not to be rude to you all, but 'fixing' it is not even entering my mind as an option. Not gonna do it.

I don't understand this at all. Sure, it's EVR's fault that your litho arrived with dings in it, but if there's something you can do to make it look better, and it will take less time than getting a replacement (which may not even exist) from the label, what compels you to not even try? I get that you started this thread chiefly to get EVR's attention and complain, but in the time you've spent doing that you could have already had a pressed and near-perfect litho on your wall.

I understand what you mean, but it's just not the way I buy/collect things. As someone else stated, 'you should get what you pay for'. I believe this is true, and to me this would be 'fixing' it. In big quotes. As in, it's not actually fixing it.

And my reasons for creating this thread were basically for two reasons: to see if anyone else received a damaged one (we have at least one person who stated theirs had a tear in it), and also [as you stated] to possibly make it known to EVR. I also messaged Francesca (spelling?) so I'm hoping to hear something from her--Monday maybe as this is the weekend?)

Again, thanks for the advice. Sorry if you think I'm crazy and stuff.

anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

I didn't notice anything wrong with mine. My album cover is very very bent though.
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

Since you brought up "what you payed for"...

What you payed for was a limited edition, hand signed, mostly likely hand packaged lithograph. That makes it unique, and more valuable.

Sometimes unique means imperfect.

I don't think you're crazy. I just think if you look at the situation from a different angle, you might feel better about the whole thing. Smile

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

cynlovescandy wrote:
Since you brought up "what you payed for"...

What you payed for was a limited edition, hand signed, mostly likely hand packaged lithograph. That makes it unique, and more valuable.

Sometimes unique means imperfect.

I don't think you're crazy. I just think if you look at the situation from a different angle, you might feel better about the whole thing. Smile

+1 to all of that. A sense of entitlement can really sour a situation. And I still fail to see how demanding a new litho is somehow a more valid "fix" than attempting to press the dings yourself, but whatever. I'm done. Obviously you're free to do what you want, including nothing.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
olimario
Laughing Citizen

I don't know.

I'm the guy who eats his burger even if it wasn't how I ordered it.

But I can't blame somebody for wanting what they paid for. They didn't pay for a "fixer upper" litho that they'd have to spend time trying to get back into good condition with no assurance that it will ever look pristine.

On the flipside, it's a lithograph and not some mass-produced poster. The imperfections kinda make it what it is, I think.

I can see both sides of this one. I'm going to go eat my botched Wendy's order now.
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

It depends how botched an order is, for me. In this case, it sounds pretty botched, but I can't imagine not even trying it! You might like it! Razz
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

My litho (#62) was in reasonable shape... it has a few small dents and dings that are noticable from the back, but not really visible from the front
boone
Vintage Newbie

Now that I got my litho, I can see why people are having some issues with that. It's on pretty heavy weight bristol board, which is going to bend a bit when you try to roll it. Try it sometime, it's freaking impossible. Shipping it flat would be inordinately expensive, so this is really something everyone is going to have to deal with.

I have a few creases at the bottom of the print where the roll started, but I don't mind. I don't plan on doing a half-arsed framing on it, so it's going to have to be flattened either way.
freakinalex
Lost at Forum

My litho was pretty resistant to unrolling when I got it, but I just set my CD down on one end of it and the vinyl on the other end and let it sit for a few hours and it was almost perfectly flat. And I haven't noticed any real damage to the front, though the back still shows a bit of evidence that it was rolled at one point. Good thing the back is on the wall so I don't have to see that.
CBmp3
Sea Post King

I just wanted to post here and let everyone know that Equal Vision totally made good on the situation and I couldn't have been happier in regards to their help with it.

Just AMAZING customer service. Thought everyone should know that.

THANK YOU, EVR!

oathmeal
Sea Post King

^^ Very Happy