Laughing City
Little Firefly
Sea Post King

Does anyone know what time eisley's set will be?
eiswood09
Sea Post King

In case you don't know the time yet, they play last (9:05-10:00) according to the website. I just saw the teaser video for BLEDfest, and uhh, they seem a tad... out of place? Shocked Just saying..
Vintage Newbie

eiswood09 wrote:
they seem a tad... out of place? Shocked Just saying..

Just because they don't scream their way through every song? Nonsense! Wink

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

How I feel about all of this: Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://inconnumag.com
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

I have sincerely tried to accept Eisley's nuf0und em0 side. Actually, I'm pretty sure I have. But this? Eisley on the same bill with nothing but Screamo and MetalxCore?

I mean, what?

The last time I listened to the headlining bands, Norma Jean (siiick breadownz, bra) and ETID, was when I was 14, MAYBE 15 (but then only because one of my 'bros' was probably playing Hot Damn! in his car and I had no other choice but to sit through it [and okay, fine: they weren't exactly terrible]). 2003 should remain the last time anyone listens to this hugely embarrassing interpretation of hardcore, let alone celebrate it with festivities! I mean, I wasn't even aware these bands still existed, since many from that scene have thankfully moved on to 'hipper' projects like Sleigh Bells.

Has Eisley been completely drained of their self-awareness? I should be seeing them in September at ATP with Jeff Mangum instead of trying to block out the memory that their last pass through my beloved Garden State halted at BAMBOOZLE (talk about a fitting name).

inorbitsvomitjpg.png

Stacy, you in danja, girl.
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

This is weird.

Let's be honest, though. Fans of the hardcore love them some Eisley.
I don't know why, but it's true.

Hopefully they'll sell a ton of CD's and stuff.
AND, for every ten hardcore boys, there is at least one innocent girl that doesn't like hardcore but got dragged along to the show. Eisley will be their saving grace. Laughing

vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
I have sincerely tried to accept Eisley's nuf0und em0 side. Actually, I'm pretty sure I have. But this? Eisley on the same bill with nothing but Screamo and MetalxCore?

Has Eisley been completely drained of their self-awareness? I should be seeing them in September at ATP with Jeff Mangum instead of trying to block out the memory that their last pass through my beloved Garden State halted at BAMBOOZLE (talk about a fitting name).

inorbitsvomitjpg.png

Stacy, you in danja, girl.

Yeah, I kind of wonder if they've realized that their old favorite ~emo~ bands have completely fallen off the map or dissolved for a reason.

Stacy's solo work can't come soon enough.

Vintage Newbie

Boyd via Trolleywood Months Ago wrote:
Who's freaking out about Bledfest? haha. NOOooo! Don't. Well, here's what the head guy said: You're looking at it and saying "Holy sh_t, that's a lot of metal, hardcore, and pop-punk bands. And man, that's a really stupid name but it's actually short for "Big Love's Educational Festival", which started 7 years ago as a house show. The name's just kind of stuck. It's traditionally been a festival aimed at the Warped Tour demographic, but we've slowly been pulling it back a bit and having more diverse bands play. This year, we've dedicated a new sixth stage (in about a 800 seat auditorium) to indie, post-rock, folk, and acoustic acts. It's been a tough sell for me to get anyone national, but we've got a lot of great regional and local acts. I'm looking for someone to headline that stage." I loved that so I quoted him. Hey, it's a show and bands play shows. I don't care if you're hardcore or goon-core or pop-core... so-core, more-core > a special kind of music is for you. youcore.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

"It's been a tough sell for me to get anyone national"

With good reason. I just hope they don't make a habit of this. They really should have the self-confidence to turn down crappy festivals. They might be somewhat forgotten (mostly due to pandering to 'other markets'), but they have a record out they should be proud of, unlike so many of the acts on this bill and the ones that were on Bamboozle's. Someone on their team should be (re)introducing them to people with discerning taste, something people in their twenties (and beyond) should have developed, instead of trying to continually push them into a stale, juvenile scene, where, despite Sherri's tri-colored hair and sick ink, they stick out like soar thumbs.

You don't have to appeal to the LCD to not be pretentious. It's that kind of flawed logic that creates intellectual stagnation, which only serves to hurt people.

And yeah, yeah, I know: it's just one upcoming metal festival, and one past appearance at a crummy 10th gen pop-punk/em0/whatever silly sub-grene festival, but where does it stop? Does it stop? At least get these kids some proper records to be inspired by if they're going to continually incorporate punk offshoots into their music and image.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
...but they have a record out they should be proud of, unlike so many of the acts on this bill and the ones that were on Bamboozle's.

Thing is, if you're really proud of a record, you'll be of the belief that you can play the material anywhere and make converts of the audience.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Little Firefly
Sea Post King

wilsmith wrote:
Boyd via Trolleywood Months Ago wrote:
Who's freaking out about Bledfest? haha. NOOooo! Don't. Well, here's what the head guy said: You're looking at it and saying "Holy sh_t, that's a lot of metal, hardcore, and pop-punk bands. And man, that's a really stupid name but it's actually short for "Big Love's Educational Festival", which started 7 years ago as a house show. The name's just kind of stuck. It's traditionally been a festival aimed at the Warped Tour demographic, but we've slowly been pulling it back a bit and having more diverse bands play. This year, we've dedicated a new sixth stage (in about a 800 seat auditorium) to indie, post-rock, folk, and acoustic acts. It's been a tough sell for me to get anyone national, but we've got a lot of great regional and local acts. I'm looking for someone to headline that stage." I loved that so I quoted him. Hey, it's a show and bands play shows. I don't care if you're hardcore or goon-core or pop-core... so-core, more-core > a special kind of music is for you. youcore.

I was just about to do this. Thanks.

I am realllllly hoping this means the crowd will not be like the one at the "honeymoon tour" show (I love Eisley and say anything is ok but, being practically head-butted by a drunk, who then stumbled about 3 ft away from me and vomited, kind of put a damper on things) . It will be my bf's first concert and I really don't want to throw him to the wolves like that.
Little Firefly
Sea Post King

Tahruh, it could be that they were more so inspired by the desire of the festival to branch out? I don't know...in a time where it seems as though a lit of artists are not playing in Detroit(or MI), I am just thankful Eisley is not on that list. I mean. Michiganders can only go to so many Kid Rock or Eminen shows before even WE get sick of it. Wink
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
tahruh wrote:
...but they have a record out they should be proud of, unlike so many of the acts on this bill and the ones that were on Bamboozle's.

Thing is, if you're really proud of a record, you'll be of the belief that you can play the material anywhere and make converts of the audience.
So is that their mission? To proselytize tweensters into liking music that doesn't completely suck? Christians. Rolling Eyes Wink

I'm of the belief that in life, when someone is confident in their abilities, they'll strive to reach the next level, and when one is feeling unconfident, they'll stagnate, or worse: regress. Seems like a universal concept.

Kids tend to grow out of scenes naturally. I didn't stop (primarily) listening to Blink 182 because Modest Mouse were kind enough to open for them, to give kids a taste of some actual talent (no offense, Tom, Mark and Scott; <3 u 4e). Modest Mouse, at that time, were still part of a pretty specific scene (which was admittedly a bit stale, but at least they had talent), which I gravitated towards all on my own, without the kind, helping hands of Isaac, Jeremiah and Eric.

Eisley shouldn't sacrifice their career for the music scene's LCD.

And to clarify: that's not to say I'm unwelcoming of those kinds of fans, should they successfully convert them. I'm simply not a fan of Eisley going out of there way to do so.

@Little Firefly

I'm sorry to hear that. I can't say I pay much attention to Detroit dates when looking at tours of any given band, but I can relate to living in a place where many bands don't acknowledge. Well, lived. Not that many bands stop right where I live now, but I do live in-between two major cities these days. Have fun. Wink
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I've had a couple of Opening Bands completely shift my taste in music in good ways: Mae opening for Elliott, Land of Talk opening for Broken Social Scene. It happens, and in both cases the opening bands were not really much at all like the bands they opened for style-wise. Maybe not as divergent as Eisley and the other stages of this fest, but I only checked out 1 of the other bands on their stage, which Amazon compared Thrice circe Vheissu which is about right.

A few of the other acts were listed as Singer Songwriters/ solo performers, so as a whole that Stage may have been a better fit than we might expect? If you take it as them playing that Stage more so than the Fest itself, it might make more sense booking wise. And if I'm correct about the format, they should get paid for this show upfront, and that's always a perk. This is a business too.

gundamit
Golly, Poster

I'm sure it will be fine. The rules on the schedule clearly state:

2. NO DRUGS OR ALCOHOL.
4. NO FIGHTS.

No prohibition on vomiting or moshing though. Hopefully by the time Eisley takes stage it'll be nothing but dry heaves and moping. Confused

Seriously it'll be fine and maybe someone (Firefly?) will post the pics to prove it.

goto page
 | next >>