Laughing City
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
Kylee Janai wrote:
i'm considering going down south to see some shows (or perhaps A show).... i also just finished watching black swan so i'm a bit mad over here.

however, 288 roundtrip to texas isn't bad!

DO!!!

baha we will see! I need a vaca... Browsing browsing the sites
johnip
Vintage Newbie

Kylee Janai wrote:
I need a vaca

Here ya go!

Vintage Newbie

KC show in brief:

Christie and Colin sounded Beautiful, but I missed a couple of songs, well (1.5)

The Narrative had a hard night with the PA and feedback, Susie used up the awkward banter quota, cause there was very little during...

The Eisley set was the same as ync posted ( per the revised order). The were VERY tight, and very into the songs. The seemed so Confident and On Point. The crowd was about 40% capacity, but very engaged. Norad & Mattoid Got a lot of pictures, & it's not Boyd running around, that's Kappa### ( I forget the numbers, but he's their sound engineer, and occasionally posts on the LC).

Chauntelle was kind enough to take time out to talk to fans in front of their trailer, and she said it was the best show of the tour so far. She was very humble, which was such a contrast to the Swagger they had on stage last night. The shows to come will hopefully carry this momentum forward. They're at their peak. Very Happy

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
CBmp3
Sea Post King

So just to confirm...did that tweet mean that no one showed up to the Tulsa show tonight?

If that's the case, that sucks (Captain Obvious).

I hope that doesn't get them too down.

They've really been killin' it this tour.

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

^I know two people went but I'm guessing it means that not a whole lot of people were there.

What Wil missed was spectacular, too. Not to rub it in his face. Christie and Collin stepped up their game and Christie was knocking the vocals out of the park last night. The girl from The Narrative made me laugh because she was so awkward.

Yeah, Eisley's definitely on their game and are very confident with the new songs. Garron made a mistake on "Please" but it actually fit right in and helped build the first verse in an awesome way. His volume was down and so Stacy started out singing "I, I" and he came in on "lost, lost". Then guitar came in on "all respect, admiration and" and then full band started on "trust, trust". It was a quick build in a weird way but totally worked and added a cool element to the song.

Nora and I told him that we loved it and he said he might incorporate it into the live version. I hope so cause it was cool.

I talked with Chauntelle, Stacy, Darren, Garron and Christie before the show and then just Garron and Chauntelle afterwards but it was a lot of fun. I love talking with them. It was also awesome to meet Wil and it was really weird to have to look up to someone because I'm about 6'5, 6'6 and he was much taller than me.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Laughing I only missed 1.5 Christie songs.

And heheheh, I'm 6'8", but Dr. Martens have lug soles with a heel, so that makes me a little taller than that. But... truth be told, I know from experience that when you're as tall as we are, seeing anyone as tall as or taller than you makes them seem huge because it's just so uncommon.

also, the show tweet was early in the evening, like 4ish I think, so all was not lost, post show tweet:

eisley wrote:
Tulsa thank you for the show tonight! You guys were golden Smile So much love. See you next time:)

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

In the end the KC show wasn't in the cards for me but glad the people who made it had a good time. 40% capacity doesn't sound like a great turnout...I guess that means more for the people who *were* there, heh.

I really like this promo for tonight's show in the LA Weekly minus the Deliverance reference:

http://www.laweekly.com/events/eisley-the-narrative-christie-dupree-12 67923/

"(T)he telepathic vocal interplay, spooning harmonies and quaint quirks that speak to lifelong familiarity."

"For all their waifish looks and gauzy production, there's a fierce musicality and sense of self-empowered lyrical purpose here: supertuneful without spoon-feeding sentiment; sad (especially on newbie The Valley), but seldom sorry for themselves. The sensitive side of the Warped Tour generation and, in truth, harder-hitting than any of those leap-around guitar bands could ever be."

Exactly. I love the word choice of 'spooning harmonies.'

Cabius
Sea Post King

The BIOLA show was a lot of fun! Definitely worth the trip from Dallas to LA.

It was an outdoor gig on a relatively windy/chilly evening, but the band were awesome. I think most of the people were there to see MeWithoutYou, but whatever. I had a great, great time, picked up some merch, said hi to Christie and Chauntelle, and had a great overall time.

"Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it." ~ C.S. Lewis

<< prev | goto page