Laughing City
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

This whole thread just makes me think of when Jewel played at the MTV Beach House during Spring Break in like 95' and they were bouncing a beach ball in the crowd, and it came on stage. She admonished them, and then not long after she got hit by a frisbee and cut her set short Sad Laughing

That's better than Woodstock 99' when bands got batteries and full bottled waters heaved at them.

Wasn't there a Youtube vid with then reflecting on the year that had gone by and Stacy plays a toy piano and gets booed and stuff thrown at her???

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
eiswood09
Sea Post King

wilsmith wrote:
Wasn't there a Youtube vid with then reflecting on the year that had gone by and Stacy plays a toy piano and gets booed and stuff thrown at her???

I believe you're thinking of their "Thoughts and Reflections for the New Year" Video. Laughing I loved that one. It's hilarious!

"THE KEY TO CONFIDENCE, IS CONFIDENCE!"
— Weston's words of wisdom (said better in a martial arts outfit.)

Sea Post King

gundamit wrote:

Seriously it'll be fine and maybe someone (Firefly?) will post the pics to prove it.

You bet!
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

This might finally explain the confusing booking all these years Laughing

Did you know there are a couple of bands out there going by Mos Eisley???

http://www.purevolume.com/MosEisley79963

http://www.purevolume.com/MosEisley

Both of them would fit right in at BLEDfest Wink

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Michigan Eisley Fan
Sea Post King

Hmmm...decided to check in today to get my Eisley tickets and found that the show that was on the schedule last I looked a couple months ago in Grand Rapids, MI is now gone. Shoot. Although the Bledfest is much closer to where we live, we were looking forward to seeing them again in a smaller venue. The last two trips of Eisley to MI were great - small venues one at Michigan State University and the other in an upstairs roomn at a smallish club in Pontiac. In both cases, the band felt comfortable visiting with fans and we really enjoyed our visits with them. Not sure what to expect with Bledfest - my daughter has a concern about safety. We may end up going all the way to Chicago or Cleveland this time.
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

They're kids into crappy music, not axe murderers. Rolling Eyes

No one will hurt you (well, the odds are no different, anyway), and I highly doubt anyone will form a pit and xmoshx during their set. Norma Jean might even be a Christian band... A lot of those bands were.

If ICP is there, however, well, that's another story!

[Edit: Yup, they're classified as Christian Metalcore - http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080928153431AA8MHwu ]
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

eiswood09 wrote:
wilsmith wrote:

I believe you're thinking of their "Thoughts and Reflections for the New Year" Video. Laughing I loved that one. It's hilarious!

"THE KEY TO CONFIDENCE, IS CONFIDENCE!"
— Weston's words of wisdom (said better in a martial arts outfit.)

Haha, yes! I love that video, too. They are hysterical. Makes me laugh.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Little Firefly
Sea Post King

It is today!! Woohoo!! Wish us luck!!
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

*Wishing y'all luck* \m/
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

According to Sherri, via twitter, teens are drawing phallic symbols on their trailer and writing "I love penis" next to it. They wiped them off but the teens keep drawing them on there. Lovely crowd.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Laughing
Michigan Eisley Fan
Sea Post King

Just got back from the Bledfest concert and was pleasantly surprised by how nice everything was. The facility where Bledfest is held was large enough to accomodate everybody and gave good spacing between the various groups performing there. As a point of note, we did go there exclusively to see Eisley and arrived just before their show and left as soon as it was over. Some groups were actually in kind of alcove-like areas along the hallways, however, Eisley was in a beautiful, very new looking auditorium with comfortable seats, a super wide and nice stage and good lighting. This was the first of the 7 Eisley shows I have been to where there was nice seating instead of just standing. There were folks standing by the stage, which was fine since the auditorium seating put us at a level higher than the stage so we could see all the performers very well. The audience was polite and attentive (although one guy shouted something about wanting them to have is babies?). I'll note a few things I thought were interesting ;
- Poor Sherri got an electrical shock on her mouth from her microphone. They eventually got a cover for it.
- Sherri said that they were nervous before they came out since this was a different sort of venue/scene?? than they usually played but they were real happy with the crowd response.
- I thought (although others may disagree?) that their setlist had more of their rock-type songs (maybe to better match up with the expected crowd.) For example, an acoustic guitar was only used on one song whereas other concerts I have been too, acoustics were used more often.
- Sherri mentioned that they will be touring again this Fall.

In conclusion, we encountered zero problems at Bledfest and found the performance auditorium very nice and would definitely consider going there if they came there again next year. I usually post a few pictures but didn't bring my camera this time. I'm saw several folks with nice cameras taking photos so maybe we'll see some they took. A good night!

Last edited by Michigan Eisley Fan on Sun May 29, 2011 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

had some friends who played this fest today. hope they did well too. by the way, i just wanna say, just cause some of you guys think hardcore might be a bad, stale genre, know there's a lot of people too who think eisley's a boring unoriginal band.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I think their set wasn't too far removed from what you're talking about most shows because it's Valley heavy. If I remember correctly, Acoustic was only used on Kind, but I could be wrong about that at the KC show, which used the same set as all the others sans the Encore.

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

The Man In The Moon wrote:
had some friends who played this fest today. hope they did well too. by the way, i just wanna say, just cause some of you guys think hardcore might be a bad, stale genre, know there's a lot of people too who think eisley's a boring unoriginal band.
Eisley had a lot and still maintains a degree of originality, but I can see how people find them boring... Not sure why that would bother me...

And my issue is NOT with hardcore or all of post-hardcore (not to sound like a braggart, but I own pretty much every popular hardcore and post-hardcore record from the late 70s, 80s and early-to-mid 90s, and many that are not as popular), it's with its ~*lovely*~, modern (late 90s/2000s) interpretation, specifically 'Metalcore' and 'Screamo', which indeed belongs to a rather juvenile scene that peaked, if you want to call it that, almost 10 years ago.

I don't fault kids for getting into it, though. They're kids.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>