Laughing City
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

sea king claymation video? why can't you see it online?
keithabbott
Sea Post King

It was pulled from YouTube and that's the only place I ever recall seeing it.
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:
wilsmith wrote:
I was gonna say earlier, part of what makes Eisley so pleasant is that they aren't Mugging for the camera. They're not necessarily camera shy, they use themselves as models in their own artistic endeavors. If we want acting in Eisley videos, we can just get Amber Heard, I'm sure they're not kicking her door down after Drive Angry Razz

Amber: I'm lucky I have Dave.

random guy with crush: he's the lucky one *awkward smirk*

man I love that video

Haha I like that part too. But I also hate it.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
Shadow Mouse
Sea Post King

I'm surprised at the negativity surrounding the video. Sad Personally I loved it and think it's their best yet. It felt so empowering for them- they've finally got the video they deserve. Rock on, Eisley! Cool
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Has anyone been part of a band/fan movement to get their video played?
The only major video countdown I can think of that Eisley would fit on is VH1's. I believe it is factored by vote. I wonder how hard it is to crack the Top 20? If all the band/label used their Twitter/FB/etc to promote voting for it could it make it?

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Radio play and Sales are factored in moreso than votes sadly.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Is it a featured video to vote for? I think if you *can* vote for it, all that counts are the votes by viewers. You'd need to have a lot of dedicated people voting constantly to crack the top 20, though.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Here's some of the lowdown on VH1's top 20 via a David Cook fan page:

http://www.davidcookofficial.com/ca/content/thanks-david-keep-voting-v h1-top-20-countdown-show-him-we-are-behind-him-100-always?page=12

"I have spent a lot of time on VH1 both voting for videos, and commenting on them and on David Cook's community. One would think that simply voting like crazy would keep a video in the Countdown long enough to make the 20/20 club, but that isn't necessarily true. I have done some research on this and I have found that several different things factor into these decisions. I still don't know everything there is to know but I do know that the following things have an impact on video placement.

Radio play and billboard placement - I know it is strange that radio play could have an impact on a video, but evidently it does.

Comments on the video itself - It is important that the video gets as many positive comments as possible. When watching a video on VH1, you have the ability to comment on the video itself. Just scroll down below the video.

Comments on the artist's community at VH1 - Not to be confused with commenting on the video itself, the amount of comments on the artist's community tells them how popular that artist is at VH1. You can make a general comment, make a comment on one of the existing threads, or start a new thread. You also can post your own videos and pictures on the main Community page for David Cook. Links will follow.

Comments on the VH1 community board and the Top 20 community board - When you make a comment on one of these boards it is importand to use David's full name, even if you mention the video title.

Search for David Cook, and the video title - Do a search in the search box for David Cook and then do a search for the video title.

Streaming of the video - Stream the video as much as possible on VH1.

There may be more things involved, but these are the things that were discovered when voting for CBTM, and things I have found out by spending so much time on VH1. "

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

hmm...interesting. I've never voted on VH1, so I had no idea but thought it might be something to try.
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

There's a channel that Will brought up called The Cool TV which shows only music videos. The affiliate near me has it on its FOX roster where FOX is 17.1 and The Cool TV is 17.2. I don't watch it often but last time I did I was shocked to see The Joy Formidable's 'Whirring' pop up there between LCD Soundsystem and some quasi nu-metal band. It's not like any of those bands are very big so I thought that might be a likely place an Eisley video could pop up, but I don't have the stamina to find out. We could take it in shifts. Wink Anyway it reaffirms their decision to make a video because there still are avenues for them beyond Youtube that can reach people.
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Here are the current markets & channel listings. Says the programming is tailored to each market, maybe that means Eisley has a better chance of showing up on the southern stations.

http://thecooltv.com/ChannelGuide.php

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I stop by it now & then to get a fresh dose of what's hot since I am desperately out of touch with the mainstream world. Seen a few good cats of about every genre and some obvious Label Plants, that came out of nowhere and went back there.

Doesn't seem at all regional for our area. I imagine that regional aspect may be related to Billboard Spins for the local radio market and soundscan, which won't say much as far as regional diversity in smaller markets compared to huge cities that can make an artists careers with little or no exposure elsewhere.

They play a lot of kookie stuff, retro vids I used love when I was really young, and sometimes discouraging live concerts in full ( George Thorogood almost weekly it seems). On the other hand, they get props for playing a lot of Pitchfork/ Stereogum bands' videos too. Speaking of those and Rollingstone, having those sites feature your vid is always a boon.

thesemarvelousthings
Sea Post King

Love it Exclamation
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

http://www.vh1.com/music/you_oughta_know/eisley/main.jhtml

I see what you mean on the vote - you choose out of a pre-selected bunch.

I did look up their profile and it's kinda cool how you can see a stream of new Eisley tweets. It looks like they do have Smarter, too. I don't see any way to suggest it or anything on it's page though.