15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
I don't drink it.
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 19

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Since the meat and marijuana threads have both become beer threads, let's have an official beer thread! (Started by the pregnant lady. Laughing )

I'm usually a wheat/hefe kind of person (Mothership Wit is amaaaaaaaaazing), but I do occasionally enjoy a nice rich brew like 1554, Young's Chocolate Stout or Magic Hat #9. As far as cheap everyday beer goes, I was very saddened to find that you can't get Yuengling this side of the Mississippi.

My dad brought over the last of his Sam Adams when we made dinner for my parents because he's switching to Michelob Light for the sake of less carbs. Poor man. Embarassed

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

I mixed grape and grain once and have had a psychological aversion to both ever since! Laughing I've been wanting to overcome it since most people drink beer, and most restaurants only have beer and wine licenses, but I wouldn't know where to begin.

Hard liquor thread next!
norad
Vintage Newbie

I've never had alcohol before. It's never interested me enough to try. Besides, beer smells icky to me. Cool
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

^Beer is so gross, imo.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

Dark Chocolate Stout is the only beer I've ever had that I didn't hate.
Vintage Newbie

Stella Artois and Wild Blue... yum.. Smile
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

I don't drink much beer, but I'll say cheers to a Summit.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
freakinalex
Lost at Forum

I drink several varieties of beer. When I have to stay on the cheap side, I'll usually drink Miller Lite. When I can afford to spend more, I usually drink Shiner (usually Bock or Blonde) and Dos Equis the most. But I'm okay with most beers. I'm just the kind of person who usually buys the same thing all the time. Maybe I'll branch out next time and get something else.

I will say that it's disappointing that it's nigh impossible to find Shiner outside of Texas. I've tried to find it in other states and come up with el zilcho. Not that I'm in other states that much, but still.

Also, my mom drinks Keystone Light. That stuff is nasty. I've built up enough of a tolerance to it to be able to down one every so often when I'm at her place or at a party where the hosts are cheap and only provide that, but even then...ew.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Not a fan of beer, ever. My firsy sip was of beer + kool-ade that my cousin mixed that i thought wad soda. I was maybe 6? That killed it.

Later i took to sharing a glass or two with friends to finish off a pitcher when we were out. The were big on fat tire, is that right??? What's the one they put oranges in??? They got that cause they knew i didn't like the taste. corona was the first beer I had that didn't give me the bitter beer face.

If i had my way i'd down wine coolers, zima, mike's hard lemonade, ciders, anything but beer. Instead i just order liquor when i'm having the one off drink. Not drinking> ciders> champagne > Mixed drinks > beer in willieworld.

This shoulda been an alcohol thread, more inclusive Razz

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

Back when I drank it was either bud light or rolling rock. Sometimes I would get a michelob if it was real cold. The second a beer gets slightly warm, it is nasty.

Killians was ok. I only drank guineas in Irish car bombs.

Obviously I prefer draft over bottle. No way would drink out of a can. The only bars here that serve cans are the country ones.

I did once order four cans of hamms because I saw the bartender loading it up and I made a joke about it. She mentioned that one guy comes in once a week and drinks them, so she ordered like a case a month. I had to take them then. It just seemed like the right thing to do.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Wil - You mean Blue Moon? People put orange slices in it to complement the citrus notes, but that always tastes overwhelming to me because it's already so orangey. An orange slice in a nice hefe like Hoegaarden is wonderful, though. Corona is actually surprisingly good for such a cheap beer, too. If you liked that (or at least didn't hate it), I recommend trying a Hoegaarden sometime. It's very crisp and almost sweet. I could drink it all day (and did, during the Super Bowl a couple years ago!).

I'm not going to lie, it took me a really long time to get into beer. I had sips of my dad's beer (which tended toward the super cheap crap, when he didn't brew his own) when I was a kid and I couldn't stand it. When I started drinking, it was Bacardi and Smirnoff Ice and the occasional cider.

But my husband is a beer snob and introduced me to some really excellent stuff, so I got to experience a lot of complex flavors that made canned domestics taste like water. There's really a lot of nuance in beer, easily as much as the wine world. I still get bitter beer face from Guiness, though--it has zero redeeming qualities. Laughing

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ync
Golly, Poster

i don't really drink much - but i'll usually try anything that's around me - sip wise or whatever, i'm an extremely slow drinker so meh

now...give me a strawberry daiquiri and mmmmmmmmm

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Wink
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^frozen daiquiris & margaritas coud make a lush outta me. Definitely the nondrinkers drink if Alcohol tastes like mercuy tainted water to you.

@saellys: I'll keep that in mind, it's always good to have options. Blue Moon is what it was, I just wasn't sure if that was what it was.

I remember trying a bunch of different Sam Adams, the Amber, the Cherry Wheat I think, & I coud taste the difference but it was still the liquid equivalent of tuna, liver, or neckbones to me, strong flavors that just didn't taste likable to me.

But to me green tea tastes lie lemony green bean juice. So my taste buds are not to be trusted outside the realm of the fruity stuffs

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Last edited by wilsmith on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

I don't drink much beer. I'm more of a wine lady. I can't really pick a favorite, but I kinda like blue moon, so whatever that is. (typical girl.)
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
^frozen daiquiris & margaritas coud make a lust outta me. Definitely the nondrinkers drink if Alcohol tastes like mercuy tainted water to
Frozen strawberry margaritas (no salt) are where it's at. I'm also really partial to Jungle Juice. Just throw it all in there. 'There' being a dog bowl. I'm kidding, I only did that once.

goto page
 | next >>