Laughing City
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

*probably too harsh*
Last edited by inorbit on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Laughing merciless. Tough crowd.

I would like to see what he might do with the vallley backing track as far as reconstructing it from samples aka the dj premeire method of production.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
owlrika
Sea Post King

Last edited by owlrika on Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:45 am; edited 4 times in total
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

owlrika wrote:
Hi, my name is E.M. Ricchini, I also happen to be CJ Luzi's girlfriend and we are HUGE Eisley fans.

You all obviously didn't do your homework on this one.

I am disgusted at the rhetoric that is being tossed around here, I've never seen more narrow-minded or illy-educated people in one place. Just because someone's music is different, it doesn't mean that it sucks, and it CERTAINLY does not mean that they can't like or draw inspiration from other types of music. Just because you hate Hip Hop doesn't mean that it's okay to not even give something a chance. If you listened and didn't like it, it's totally cool to slam it. But that's your opinion. Do NOT come against the producer for ripping off stuff from other bands, don't say "aw FACT. He ruined it." No. It's an art. Don't be so thick-headed.

Now, as for royalties, OF COURSE they would pay Eisley... that is, if they were making any money off of it. Which they're not. Because the Mixtape is being released for free. And to be truthful, the release of this single coincided with the release of The Valley in order to generate interest in Eisley in a different crowd of people, which ended up working. People who wouldn't have heard of them checked them out after the track dropped and liked them. So yeah, they got free exposure. Anything to help the girls and guys out. When it was released and we were spreading the word, we included Eisley in everything that we posted.

Last things last, if we were ashamed of this is any sense at all, I wouldn't have shown Sherri. Which I did.
Uhh... Okay. Laughing
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

owlrika wrote:
Hi,Just because someone's music is different, it doesn't mean that it sucks, and it CERTAINLY does not mean that they can't like or draw inspiration from other types of music. Just because you hate Hip Hop...

ummmm.... stopped reading here. I suggest doing a thread search on hip hop, or maybe electro or rap.

I think this thread was posted because the denizens of this place get excited whenever they hear Eisley songs get exposure in unexpected places.

I also remember seeing a compliment or two on the guy's flow.

The thing has potential, I suppose, but I don't believe in bull $#@!- the mix needs work, its a cacophonous mess.

edit-----
see also:
the fog breathers
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Last edited by inorbit on Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:42 am; edited 2 times in total
brandy alexander
Sea Post King

owlrika wrote:
Hi, my name is E.M. Ricchini, I also happen to be CJ Luzi's girlfriend and we are HUGE Eisley fans.

You all obviously didn't do your homework on this one.

I am disgusted at the rhetoric that is being tossed around here, I've never seen more narrow-minded or illy-educated people in one place. Just because someone's music is different, it doesn't mean that it sucks, and it CERTAINLY does not mean that they can't like or draw inspiration from other types of music. Just because you hate Hip Hop doesn't mean that it's okay to not even give something a chance. If you listened and didn't like it, it's totally cool to slam it. But that's your opinion. Do NOT come against the producer for ripping off stuff from other bands, don't say "aw FACT. He ruined it." No. It's an art. Don't be so thick-headed.

Now, as for royalties, OF COURSE they would pay Eisley... that is, if they were making any money off of it. Which they're not. Because the Mixtape is being released for free. And to be truthful, the release of this single coincided with the release of The Valley in order to generate interest in Eisley in a different crowd of people, which ended up working. People who wouldn't have heard of them checked them out after the track dropped and liked them. So yeah, they got free exposure. Anything to help the girls and guys out. When it was released and we were spreading the word, we included Eisley in everything that we posted.

Last things last, if we were ashamed of this is any sense at all, I wouldn't have shown Sherri. Which I did.

I agree with your opinions and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Seriously, threads like these are reason I stopped coming here in the first place. LCers need to get their heads out of their asses, learn to put aside their own personal tastes and musical preferences, and realize that ANY exposure Eisley gets is a good thing.

Also $#@! all y'all I actually kind of like this song.

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Somebody listens to Jay-Z.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

Ha! I was reading through this thread, and haven't heard the song. I was thinking: "ouch! This guy's probably an eisley fan and reads these threads, I hope his feelings aren't hurt!"

That being said, anytime you publish music, there is a chance that somebody won't like it, and will say something about it. That doesn't make them "illy-educated", it makes them normal. People have opinions.

Also, regardless of my taste in music, "sampling" is always a bad idea, unless you're at Costco. That's just my opinion, no disrespect.

Plenty of people like it, so just do your thing and don't worry about us naysayers! Smile

eiswood09
Sea Post King

My reaction to reading this thread:

Shocked Yikes.. outta here...

I didn't think it was a bad song really.. *shrugs* Sure, some parts of the demo mixing could use a bit of work but I've honestly heard a lot worse. Confused

Vintage Newbie

it was bound to happen eventually...

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

cynlovescandy wrote:
That being said, anytime you publish music, there is a chance that somebody won't like it, and will say something about it. That doesn't make them "illy-educated", it makes them normal. People have opinions.

So true.

@owlrika - Have you done any research into past posts about hip hop/rap music that we've discussed in this forum? You can't say we didn't do our homework if you didn't do yours either. If you noticed, Wil actually found facts about the royalties and about it being free so no money was being made off of it.

Also, I didn't see anyone who said they didn't listen to it, they said they didn't like it. If it's not their cup of tea, it's not their cup of tea. I actually like hip hop and rap now more than I did in the past few years. I liked the song, I don't think it ruined Ambulance. A lot of people said they loved the opening song in the comments of the video, which is pretty cool. I also loved the beat to the song, it was catchy.

Anyone can think it sucks all they want to, you might not agree with it, but, thus, it being an opinion. Now, I understand people not wanting Eisley's music to burst into that scene, cause it's mostly about sex, drugs and money, which is not Eisley at all. I can get behind that, and you can fight me on thinking that's what rap is about, but the lyrics, videos and actions of almost every rapper I've seen only proves that.

Like I said, I actually liked his take on it. It's awesome to hear Eisley with a hip hop beat behind it. There's a remix that someone did of "Combinations" that has a hip hop beat behind it, and most people love it. So it's really not the fact that Eisley has a song that sounds hip hop-ish, it's more so that they don't like the rapping over it, if I've read correctly.

Like Wil said, I totally would love to hear what CJ could do with some of the other stuff from The Valley, sans rapping. I think Eisley's stuff holds it's own and doesn't need a rapper on top of it, even though, I did enjoy the song OnCue did. The thing that bothers/worries me, is that, if it gains a lot of ground and starts getting bigger, is that they will completely bypass the original (can anyone say, "Hide & Seek"?) and write Eisley off as only being able to set up other artists. Which isn't true, because nothing can take away from the original and the feeling of Ambulance, but I feel like it might get lost in translation with the OnCue version.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

A quick not about hip hop:

There are different scenes in hip hop, and there has always been a place for rap that doesn't glorify violence, drug use, and misogyny. Most people called it Conscious Rap. It's been around as long as the music has, even predates it if you Grandfather in the Last Poets, Gil Scott Heron and others. These days, Common is the biggest figure in that circle I guess? To think he was the new guy when I was deep of into Hip Hop the most. Mos Def and Kanye were slated to carry the torch, which Kanye embraced to some degree on The College Dropout, but he embraced the notion of rap as self-expression rather than explicitly for social discourse.

Anyways, people are entitled to their opinions. Sans a few choice samples, I wouldn't have been a prepped to get into the finer side of rock from the 60s and 70s that lead to my appreciation for Alternative and Indie rock later on in the 90s. It all feeds into itself.

You just have to understand that most folks don't see this song as Wugazi Wink It's good by hip hop standards, but that unfortunately won't make it live up to Eisley standards in the eyes of many fans. But I can understand the tumult.

Catey
Lost at Forum

Oh brother....

Seriously, the rapper's girlfriend is going all crazypants EVERYWHERE about this when much more IMPORTANT things are happening in the world like the current Hurricane hitting America and...other bits like people being eaten by sharks.

I know it is probably important to you and your boyfriend, but look at the bigger picture here. Honestly, some people need to get a grip, this song is not about to go to number 1 on any chart, I'm pretty sure the rapper isn't about to sit in his room and write a Stan song for Eisley and I am even more sure that tomorrow will bring another person trying to introduce Eisley to a different audience much to everones dislike (and in the process, ruining another song from their catalogue of solid tracks)

Confront it, let it go, move on!
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
norad
Vintage Newbie

Catey wrote:
Oh brother....Seriously, the rapper's girlfriend is going all crazypants EVERYWHERE about this...

$#@!'s getting dramatic on tumblr. not really but almost
Cosmic Love
Sea Post King

Whoa guys, Eisley fans using Eisley's music to make in their own art without charging people to view it?
Not unlike a certain show choir performance, a fan-made music video or a whole slew of fan illustrations. It's weird that none of those things have been as fiercely rejected by fans or has received nearly as much flame as this even though it's basically the same thing. Sure you can dislike a fan-made video with a Sherri look-alike all you want but who among us starts a stupid war of words over it?
When I first heard it I wasn't exactly thrilled. I flew into something of a semi-rage over the lack of Eisley credit in the video description. But seriously Eisley fans? If someone's Eisley tribute isn't exactly your cup of tea musically then why are you wasting your time hating on it? The track has kind of grown on me. I'll admit it. I'm defending it.

No one is demanding you like it, but it was made by a FAN and it's causing no detriment to Eisley by existing. That alone should be enough to treat it with civility. Now go outside.