21%  [ 3 ]
I'm not feeling it at all.
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Didn't say I did trust what he says.
I love music and give everyone the chance to do something great and like it when someone at least is trying to or appear to be trying to. Whether or not they achieve that is a different story.

For general public:
If NKOTB suddenly get obsessed with Pet Sounds and put out a great album of that caliber then I'm there.

For Wil:
If NKOTB get obsessed with "insert album Wil thinks makes a great artistic statement" and put out an album of that caliber I'm there.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Laughing You got me. I just think sometimes he's full of it. Mainly cause before A Rush... He said that would be their last album cause they'd never top it...

It may still be their best but that comment & others make me tke him wih a graon of salt, but that oesn't diminish the music.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
oathmeal
Sea Post King

iTunes is streaming a new song from the album every day until the release. Today's is Princess of China (feat. Rihanna).
happyface
Sea Post King

You know, I really love Coldplay, but I really hate the fact that Rihanna is involved in this next album. I was already in a very marked state of shock with Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall; I thought there was no hope for Coldplay anymore. But then I heard the other songs and it's all flowing well with the new sound they're working on this time. But serioulsy, Rihanna Confused I like anyother hit she gets going during the year, but this is just too much.
Now, I'm going to shut up before I start liking the song and regret everything I've said.
Joined: 23 Aug 2009 | Posts: 251 | Location: The Gold City, Puerto Rico
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

So this is a concept album about two characters Mylo and Xyloto? The Metacritic avg is really low. I can't wait to read the Pfork review as they actually seem to love Rihanna for some reason. Will it score the band extra pts or will they chastise them for not utilizing her 'talents?'

I like Paradise more after seeing the video.

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
for some reason.
Uhn-uh.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
bigideas wrote:
for some reason.
Uhn-uh.

Laughing

I remember seeing that video and thinking that she has had enough success to not do anything she doesn't want to do, so I was very surprised at that.

As for MX, I am actually pleasantly pleased with it. Nowhere near as bad as the reviews are saying. I'm actually quite shocked they're that bad. They have actually gone away from most of their tired formulas that I can think of at the moment. They didn't go too far in the polished pop direction in my opinion. Chris Martin still actually sounds like he's Chris Martin other than some kinda Auto-Tune harmony vocals.

I'll have to go back through them, but it seems I most like the odd numbered Coldplay albums. This one is still new to me though. There is just stuff on Vida that is really cliche' and redundant sounding that keeps that from being solid from beginning to end. I would have to listen to Rush again. It's been a while. For some reason I like X&Y. I like all of the songs. It would probably be stronger if you cut some songs that kinda cover the same territory to not make it so long.

I will have to say some of the songs sonically sound like In Rainbows songs. I think the credit have Mark Stent (or Spike). IF so, I believe he works with Radiohead. One song kinda sounds like Chris was trying to write his own version of the IR acoustic song. Another has a very IR rhythmic acoustic beginning to full band. Neither sound like ripoffs to the point of melody, etc.. More in the sonics/arrangements vein.

I mean, for me, MX was very unexpectedly different to the point I didn't even put it together on the first listen or two. That's saying something.

oathmeal
Sea Post King

My dad didn't like Every Teardrop so he really wrote the album off at first, but after listening to the album he really likes it now. He ranks it above Viva La Vida, but I'm not really sure I can say that for myself yet. It had some songs I really liked a lot on it like Cemeteries of London and Strawberry Swing. It was also associated with the Prospekt's March ep and Rainy Day is one of my favorite songs ever. With that said even though I love the last couple albums I really think that every album has been slightly downhill for me since A Rush of Blood to the Head. Outside of Eisley albums that one's probably my favorite album ever. X&Y is probably my second favorite Coldplay album though.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

My favorite part of the album may be Paradise's drum kit. When the first verse starts and they cut out the layered handclap sounds the kit sounds amazing to me. The hi-hat is so crisp.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

This Chris Martin (profanity riddled) interview is pretty endearing http://www.pitchfork.com/features/interviews/8699-chris-martin/

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

I used "Paradise" in one of my music therapy sessions the other day; I figured anything of mild substantive value on the top 20 was worth utilizing for the teeny boppers I work with. Very Happy

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
This Chris Martin (profanity riddled) interview is pretty endearing http://www.pitchfork.com/features/interviews/8699-chris-martin/
That Extras clip was funny. A greatest hits around the time of their third album. Laughing