brand new eyes
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

theresnooneroad
Sea Post King

norad wrote:
theresnooneroad wrote:
Okay, this is exactly why Eisley's fan base won't ever be as good as Paramore's or have the bond that the Parafamily does.

That's where you're wrong. It just so happens that families have literally been made through Eisley's fanbase. Leigh and Rob as a fine example.

Yeah, but would you guys honestly say this stuff to someone in your family?

Jeremy Davis ✔ Hayley Williams✔ Taylor York ✔
♫Parmore♫ It never ends...▌▌▌
norad
Vintage Newbie

theresnooneroad wrote:
norad wrote:
theresnooneroad wrote:
Okay, this is exactly why Eisley's fan base won't ever be as good as Paramore's or have the bond that the Parafamily does.

That's where you're wrong. It just so happens that families have literally been made through Eisley's fanbase. Leigh and Rob as a fine example.

Seeing as no one in my family know who Paramore are I doubt it. Cool
theresnooneroad
Sea Post King

norad wrote:
theresnooneroad wrote:
norad wrote:
theresnooneroad wrote:

Seeing as no one in my family knows who Paramore are I doubt it. Cool

I meant in the family you have in this fan base.

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

When we were kids, my little brother threw a bowl full of piss on me when I was in the shower one time because I had annoyed him in some manner that escapes my recollection. Has a fellow Paramore fan ever thrown piss on you?
theresnooneroad
Sea Post King

I'm really done with this now. In the beginning, you were just expressing your opinions. Now you've gone full circle and are offending me, Paramore, and our amazing fanbase. So I quit. You guys lost me. I'm done.
norad
Vintage Newbie

theresnooneroad wrote:
norad wrote:
theresnooneroad wrote:
norad wrote:
theresnooneroad wrote:

Seeing as no one in my family knows who Paramore are I doubt it. Cool

I meant in the family you have in this fan base.

Oh...I don't consider anyone in the Eisley fanbase to be family aside from my dad and grandparents. I do consider some to be friends. Andrew and Mer as an example. Smile

But to be honest actual family can be far worse than the Eisley forum.
Last edited by norad on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

Honest question... Just trying to gauge how close this family of yours is. No harm meant.
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

inorbit wrote:
When we were kids, my little brother threw a bowl full of piss on me when I was in the shower one time because I had annoyed him in some manner that escapes my recollection. Has a fellow Paramore fan ever thrown piss on you?
So THAT's why that thread bothered you so much! Very Happy
theresnooneroad
Sea Post King

inorbit wrote:
Honest question... Just trying to gauge how close this family of yours is. No harm meant.

Well, from my experience, very close. There's a person in this family (fan base) that I have never met before. Like I said before, she lives in Brazil and I live in Ohio. We talk almost every single day on Facebook and I honestly feel like she's a part of my actual family. We started talking in September. In a matter of a month or so, I have this amazing connection with her. I really feel like she's one of my best friends. There's so many others that I have yet to meet that I am very close to.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

inorbit wrote:
lighten up Wil. Nobody was "abused".

That's just my guilty conscience for being first in with Mr. Green cause I knew what was coming, I just didn't know the exact nature and severity.

I cherry pick canned rhetoric and cliche phrases all the time, "verbally abused" just had a ring to it.

Being called a Troll is pretty rough though, you gotta admit. I remember the kind of people who got trolls before the internet... it was downright mean spirited.

Also, I am not to be taken seriously when I am knee-jerk reacting. It's just me alternating roles, symbolic interaction playing out in real-time. I'm playing a part I feel is absent. Investment level: 0. I am as much a wicked spiteful snark as anybody else. Which means I can see how other people are playing roles too and aren't really that mean. When we get on a riff around here, it's the stuff of legend (well LC legend). I just like to throw the underdog a bone or two. But don't we all?

theresnooneroad wrote:
inorbit wrote:

Well, from my experience, very close. There's a person in this family (fan base) that I have never met before. Like I said before, she lives in Brazil and I live in Ohio. We talk almost every single day on Facebook and I honestly feel like she's a part of my actual family. We started talking in September. In a matter of a month or so, I have this amazing connection with her. I really feel like she's one of my best friends. There's so many others that I have yet to meet that I am very close to.

I'm not judging, but I get the impression that you are probably younger than most of the people you are arguing with on here. I could be wrong, but I think that might have something to do with the differences you are having in the feelings about "Family" type connections amongst fans. I am friendly with a few people on this Forum, and at the same time I don't like a lot of bands they do like, and vice versa all the time. Nothing personal, we all have our reasons for liking what we like, or not liking.

It's music in the end. Now when it gets personal like when Chad put out some songs that some felt referenced Sherri in unflattering ways, and the arguments got heated enough and personal enough that Mrs. Dupree aka Kimbertones had to post on the subject, that's a different story. Or a few other subjects that came up about the Duprees finances etc. Those kind of things merit a little more vigilance and vitriol. But again, it's mainly music and superficial personal information.

I would say that with a certain type (notice I didn't say amount) of experience the value of web-based (and real life) communication is just frivolous and just people BS'in for gits and shiggles. Some of that isn't going to register until you've been through certain experiences or gotten certain perspectives.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Last edited by wilsmith on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

I have always been pro-trolling...

You can probably still find my account on Stormfront (what -- I was a bored teenager in the 2ks).

But YES, I thought this person was a troll! I see the light now. They are just VERY passionate about family. Friends can be family, even ones that you've only ever communicated with on Facebook. Smile

norad
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
Friends can be family, even ones that you've only ever communicated with on Facebook with for a little over a month. Smile

Fixed it. Wink
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

ruthless

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

tahruh wrote:
inorbit wrote:
So THAT's why that thread bothered you so much! Very Happy

Didn't bother me at all... just found it surprising... I had no idea the prevalence of the syndrome. OK- Maybe I found the unexpected propensity towards disclosure a bit hyper-confessional.

(It might bother me if we were all sharing a bathroom though, like the Parafamily)
Last edited by inorbit on Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:30 pm; edited 4 times in total
theresnooneroad
Sea Post King

tahruh wrote:
I have always been pro-trolling...

You can probably still find my account on Stormfront (what -- I was a bored teenager in the 2ks).

But YES, I thought this person was a troll! I see the light now. They are just VERY passionate about family. Friends can be family, even ones that you've only ever communicated with on Facebook. Smile

Thank you. You have no idea what it means to me. Can we all just get along now? Please? I'd really like that.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>