18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
brand new eyes
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

I think it's important to note that Boone made that connection first (in this thread, anyway). Wink

inorbit wrote:
marshkingsdaughter wrote:
So now that we're a family, what should we call ourselves? Do we get to make puffy-gel t-shirts? Ooh! Can we make up a secret handshake?

Well, I think the first and most obvious implication is that we need to find that kid and get him in before curfew, or cps might get involved and Taruh could lose custody (not, of course, to trivialize Alex's very legitimate concerns in any way).

The second, I think, is that everyone needs to understand that there will be absolutely NO PEEING IN THE SHOWER. I'm serious about that one.
Remember that we are ALL family, so he is our collective responsibility. I am not raising the little tr--I mean, darling--by myself. It takes an online social network.

Secondly, I think it's important that everyone respect Inorbit's rule for the time he served as a member of a real family. We are truly blessed to no longer have to worry about having bodily fluids poured on us. Thank God for our amazing internet connections.

Sebas: NOT EVEN! That is neutered Papa Roach. Not a fan.

Also, I propose we shun Wil for that admission...

And now a tribute of my own:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUi54JTgL5s&feature=relmfu
Might have been junior year.
The early 2000s were nonpareil.

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

us old boardies have been here for so long it seems like family sometimes.

i am just thankful they haven't shut this place down.
I mean where would we go?

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Pine, keep up. We are a family. You can be the non-alcoholic but nonetheless 'fun uncle', if that suits you!
oathmeal
Sea Post King

mr pine was a coach in the peewee hockey league that I played in as a kid. So maybe he's the hockey coaching uncle. Speaking of which I forgot to tell you that I mentioned you to my dad and that he remembered you.
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Way late to this thread because I was honestly just skipping over it thinking it was an old thread, based on the title. Good work, LC. I really don't think this thread is complete until we see pine's nudie shot, though. And then a mod can just lock it and make it a sticky for future enjoyment.

Oh, and thanks tahruh, I now have that song's chorus stuck in my head, and I didn't even listen to that band. Dammit.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:

Also, I propose we shun Wil for that admission...

really???

You'd shun a guy who actually loved this song, which is FAR SUPERIOR to the That Simple Plan Song In EVERY WAY. IN EVERY WAY. AND YOU KNOW IT.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

I'll be the alcoholic uncle... who is actually a woman!!

...and the plot thickens! Shocked

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

those poor kids are never going to come back again.

they will be missed.

kind of.
maybe.

but who the heck joins the eisley forums and then makes thier first post (was it her first) about another band? whatever.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:
but who the heck joins the eisley forums and then makes thier first post (was it her first) about another band? whatever.

that's sort of a good point. Idea

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Last edited by wilsmith on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

golly_sandra wrote:

Laughing There has to be a hippie, too. At least, in my family, there is. My aunt used to pet bumble bees growing up... :/ She's also just crazy and her entire wardrobe can be found at your local goodwill. Sad but true. She wore a lei to my brothers wedding, that was in the middle of Oklahoma and they had a traditional wedding. She's so weird.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
mr pine wrote:

that's sort of a good point. Idea

yeha i just checked, all of her posts are from this thread and this thread only.

maybe it was hayley herself? Wink

wilsmith wrote:

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid wrote:
golly_sandra wrote:

Laughing There has to be a hippie, too. At least, in my family, there is. My aunt used to pet bumble bees growing up... :/ She's also just crazy and her entire wardrobe can be found at your local goodwill. Sad but true. She wore a lei to my brothers wedding, that was in the middle of Oklahoma and they had a traditional wedding. She's so weird.
I've found my role. None of you are getting vaccinated, and I am serious about that.

@Wil, I $#@! hate that song! Seriously. Take Off Your Pants and Jacket (LOL) was a really low point for them; all that was salvageable was this -- Tom really channeled his abilities on that one. Love

I also hate, and have always hated, Simple Plan. Everything from that generation of pop punk is an abomination, except for MAYBE that one Sum 41 song.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
this song... is FAR SUPERIOR to the That Simple Plan Song In EVERY WAY. IN EVERY WAY. AND YOU KNOW IT.

Regardless of your hate, you didn't deny my claim.

Pop punk lives and dies with the melodies. Every now and then one of those bands decided to NOT paint by the numbers and write a just straight up good song that may or may not have fit within the genre confines, which is worth salvaging to me. Case in point, I had no use for Brand New until I saw the video for Sic Transit Gloria. I was like "This is kinda weird, but I like it somehow..." TBS had You're So Last Summer around that time and the only thing that got me to give them the time of day was Flava Flav (pre-Surreal Life and Flavor of Love fame). It wasn't until they hit me with a Melody I could sink my teeth into that I could even consider giving them any time of day. And then they released an album of that kind of stuff. Serve the song, not your genre I say!

So I'm not going to throw the baby out with the bathwater even if it means I only like 5% of the material from a genre that ruled TRL for a solid 3 or 4 years, but defending it like it was the best thing ever. Sort of like how I like Nirvana, but I didn't have any use for Come As You Are, or any of the songs between Lithium and Something In The Way. I Would literally rock out, get sleepy, or lose interest and snap out of it once of Something In the Way came on and go "Oh, this is a great song". That's right, I only like 40% of Nevermind (I got burnt out on Smells Like Teen Spirit many moons ago.) But Lord forbid somebody diss them or grunge as worthless, them's fightin' words.

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

tahruh wrote:
None of you are getting vaccinated, and I am serious about that.

That's gonna be a problem; got a new niece pending immanently and the brother and sister-in-law won't let me near her at Thanksgiving unless I've had flu and dpt shots.

See?

First family spat. We really are a family now! Rolling Eyes

I know how we can solve this:
you (and only you) can pee in the shower to your heart's content if I can get my shots?
just make sure you bleach the tub afterwards.... yuchk
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Love, Family, and since it keeps coming up, Shower Pee, that's what Paramore threads are made of...

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>