Laughing City
dwileynewmarket
Sea Post King

As we all know, the EISLEY sound is very unique and special! Now that they've been around for a little while I'm curious to know how they've affected the rest of the music world! Anyone know of some other good bands that sound like they've been influenced by EISLEY?
Last edited by dwileynewmarket on Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total
norad
Vintage Newbie

That's your band.....
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

That you post of every time you post...
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

5 for 5, all should be in Shameless, that's where we all tend to promote our personal projects, Eisley related or not.

Beyond that, if you are looking for other bands with moderate sized (or maybe not, I'm don't really poll their numbers) followings who's bulletin boards you can solicit potential fans from, try:

Based on past tours and direct feedback up here, accurately or not:
The Bridges
The Chapin Sisters
Ives the Band
The Lion and The Sail
New Parables
The Narrative
Vedera

Ones that come up on the board enough to merit discussion:

Regina Spektor
A Fine Frenzy
Sixpence None The Richer

OK, that's all I got.

I respect your diligent effort to get your band out there by any means necessary, but in this place, such persistence is more than likely counter productive, like Pop-up adds in the form or a user. It's organic around here, we converse and what not, and our efforts to influence each other's tastes are based primarily on mutual trust based on our previous exposure and dialogue.

That said, cold calls are a hard sell from unfamiliar folk. Pleasant surprises are lovely, but more often than not, one only needs to prompt the folks once to get us to check it out. We even do that with music we demonstrably don't like that's been pitched to us by first time posters who have something they feel is eisley relatad to share.

I personally feel like I did when I worked in college radio and would get repeated emails and phone calls from label promotions departments pushing acts on us to play and chart. It just feels cold and clinical, which is the inverse reaction you typically want to get from any variant of pop music.

BTW, one of those youtube plays is from me, but I didn't offer any feedback, because I would have had to post the same thing in response to those initial links 4 times to get full coverage. You know what, I'll listen again and give an honest opinion, since I do occasionally write music reviews for a local music magazine... BRB, in one of those other threads...

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

why look for another band that sounds like eisley, when eisley already sounds like eisley?

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

well, baring live music and swiped demos, if Eisley is the only kind of music you like, you've only got maybe 2.5 hours of music to listen to that you'll like Wink

Other than that good point.

Also, I should have put the defunct Rilo Kiley on my list up there.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

i just listened to portions for foxes the other day. first time in years. I didnt like it as much as i used to

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

olimario
Laughing Citizen

This is the only right answer
http://youtu.be/wyUp6n30OxE

Alva Leigh
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

olimario wrote:
This is the only right answer
http://youtu.be/wyUp6n30OxE

Alva Leigh

dang. yeah. if one was to tell me that was a track from stacy's solo album i would be hard pressed to not believe it.

wilsmith wrote:

tungsten
Sea Post King

hmmm. . .

Sixpence None the Richer
Leigh Nash (^^^solo)
The Honey Tree(s?)
The Pierces
The Bridges
Mindy Smith
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I was tempted to say Mindy Smith.

Some folks have said Belly & the Cranberries in the past but I think Eisley's outshone those comparisons.

The Ditty Bops are another group a friend of mine mentioned.

Was Alva Leigh the one who had their song in that tourism commercial?

nemo1
Sea Post King

Love Mindy Smith, especially her post debut album stuff. She doesn't need pimping from anybody here, though. And she's kind of on the same glacial recording pace of the Duprees. But like them, she could record the phone book & I'm listening..
olimario
Laughing Citizen

That's the one.
http://youtu.be/cnDJpWvQHqk
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

That make's 3 separate threads that video has being linked, but the first time it wasn't the inspiration of the thread initially, cause you know, I remember stupid stuff like that. Laughing

nemo1 wrote:
Love Mindy Smith, especially her post debut album stuff. She doesn't need pimping from anybody here, though. And she's kind of on the same glacial recording pace of the Duprees. But like them, she could record the phone book & I'm listening..

Consider this: Mindy has released 4 albums in 7 years (My Holiday counts! Especially since she's still working that record now, 4 years after release. She was trying to coax me and a friend into buying it at here show here last year, but we both don't like Christmas Music. Truth be told, I like My Holiday). I think the lack of promotion for Stupid Love makes it seem like the interval was longer. She's great, and of course, when I hear Christie's songs Mindy is the first person that comes to mind, which is a great compliment. Patty Griffin comes to mind next Smile

Oh, and it's funny, now that people are answering, the question has been changed.

norad
Vintage Newbie

tungsten wrote:
The Pierces
The Bridges

Being sisters doesn't make them similar. Wink