(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
rchamp
Sea Post King

I read your post.

Oh, and I drank your milkshake.
olimario
Laughing Citizen

Honestly, I think the best way to stay "intimately" connected with fans is through Facebook.

Not only does it break down barriers of age, but it allows for EASY communication of photos, informations, videos, etc...

It also allows for fans to comment and interact in response to each of the items posted without being torn away to 5 lesser social media websites.

Take advantage of the New "FACEBOOK PAGES" and make it a point to spend a minute every day sending a mobile upload to it for the fans. If you have 2 free minutes post a response to something somebody said.
olimario
Laughing Citizen

To add, the current EISLEY Facebook is just posting links.
It looks like a PR BOT is running it instead of the people in the band.
Congratulations
Sea Post King

olimario wrote:
Honestly, I think the best way to stay "intimately" connected with fans is through Facebook.

See, I think that this place is a much more intimate setting, and I've wondered why the band members haven't hung out here more (or at all, for the last few years). Do they think it's too intimate?

Sure, they're all on FB, but I think most of us are, too. And we still take the time to come here. Smile
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
olimario
Laughing Citizen

Well, I think the fanbase extends to way more than just the few active members here.

If the band can provide more intimate input on facebook they're going to endear themselves to MOST of their fans.
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

Honestly, I can't imagine the band being MORE connected to their fanbase.
Congratulations
Sea Post King

olimario wrote:
Well, I think the fanbase extends to way more than just the few active members here.

If the band can provide more intimate input on facebook they're going to endear themselves to MOST of their fans.

Yep, of course it does. And the band members get pretty intimate on FB through their individual pages, but I agree that the Eisley page could be a bit more lively. Some of the more casual fans might only look at that one.

I just think it would be cool if they popped in here now and then, too. Smile
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Congratulations wrote:
olimario wrote:

See, I think that this place is a much more intimate setting, and I've wondered why the band members haven't hung out here more (or at all, for the last few years). Do they think it's too intimate?

Sure, they're all on FB, but I think most of us are, too. And we still take the time to come here. Smile

The LC does at times seem closer to the flames than I've been comfortable with and made me uneasy.

Maybe FB is even more, but I wouldn't know, I don't really follow many band FB pages since 2 years ago when they mixed the pages updates in with messages tab so you had to dig for those update notifications.

The potential for things getting too personal exist there and on twitter, and on a certain level, having seen some of my faves get lambasted by fans for the music, performance, selling out, or personal politics and stuff, on their pages, made me so uncomfortable I just stopped going to those pages. I have a hard enough time digesting the polarizing elements of my friends feeds as it is.

I think an Eisley music blog, where they just fill us in on inspirations, motivations, what they're diggin at the moment, and maybe smidgens about the process, would be a nice fit for Eisley.com & Trolleywood. If it acted as a literary voice for the band collectively that would be nice.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
olimario
Laughing Citizen

cynlovescandy wrote:
Honestly, I can't imagine the band being MORE connected to their fanbase.

I don't think the more casual fans follow the individual members on Facebook. I know I don't.

Gotta funnel that personal, tell-all stuff into the official page.