Laughing City

Would you be interested in attending a LC/ MT Anniversary show at Brewtones?
Without Fail
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Strong Yes
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Quite Possibly
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Only if certain circumstances were in place
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Unlikely
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Definitely Not
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

It will be 10 years since the EP this place is named for was released as well as the EP that introduced a large number of fans to Eisley

I think, for those capable, an effort should be made to gather and celebrate one, if not both of those occasions, at the place that started it all ( and hopefully an Eisley show Wink )

For those of us who have corresponded with Mr. Dupree but never had the pleasure of meeting him and thanking him and the band for facilitating our interactions here, with the band, and each other, over the years, this would be a chance. A kickstarter to bankroll booking the venue and Entertainment could be organized and maybe we (more likely Eisley & Managment) can arrange to garner (Fan Shot) video & audio rights of this special event for distribution as rewards for backers???

I'm just throwing the idea out there. I think it would be a really nice thing to do if it can be pulled off properly, and I do really think it can be. I know for some schedules and costs can be prohibitive for such a trip, but setting up a Ustream and documenting the occasion and making it available would provide alternative opportunities to be involved.

And remember, I am 100% speculating, having not contacted anyone with the authority to approve any of this. Just taking some initiative based on a random thought spurred by the idea that I, and others, may never get to meet a few key members of Team Eisley I've come to appreciate because I was late in the game attending shows, and others may not get to see them again after years have passed since last they met.

Thoughts?

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

I put one down on the Definitely Not front from purely a logistical standpoint. Because Texas. Although I should have voted "unlikely." I would go if I could.

http://inconnumag.com
Sprocket
Vintage Newbie

Breakfast of Champions wrote:
Here was what Kilgore Trout cried out to me in my father's voice: "Make me young, make me young, make me young!"

freakinalex
Lost at Forum

I'm down as "only in certain circumstances." Those circumstances being that I have the money to get down there, a place to stay, and assuming I have nothing school-related going on if/when this would happen. I'm fairly certain it's no longer of a drive than I would make to my parents' house, but I wouldn't want to drive there, hang out, then drive back in the dead of night. That's entirely why I've never made it out to a Brewtones show, despite being more than capable when they happen in most cases.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
A kickstarter to bankroll booking the venue and Entertainment could be organized...

I don't think you'd get this past Kickstarter. They're pretty strict about only hosting fundraising for specific types of creative ventures. I tried to start a Kickstarter to raise scholarship money for a girls' rock camp and they turned it down because it didn't fit their criteria.

I do, however, think this is an awesome idea, and far enough in the future that I could probably commit to going (with my husband, I hope, who I likely never would have met were it not for Eisley). May would be my preference for the sake of not potentially traveling in inclement weather.

For those who want a place to stay and don't have a family to lug around, join Couchsurfing.org. I have met some incredible people through that site and had great experiences.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Oh, the idea in my head was that Eisley would do set up a kickstarter for a anniversary album/ documentary project. Attendees would contribute to the staging of the event aka buy a ticket.

In a perfect world a fan or two would film the show and a static camera could be set up for ustream, along with a direct out of the mix from the board. That mix would be the source for the album dl which people can pledge towards as well. The documentary, and i use the term loosely, could be comprised of the fan footage of the show along with possibly interviews and behind the scenes footage that some kind soul could edit in imovie, nothing fancy. For those without the means DIY dvds could be burned and shipped out. Perhaps some craft fans could craft sleeves with cardstock and old school ink stamp of the e logo?

So for kickstarter, or pledgemusic, eisley would be funding this release, as opposed tothe show. Any attendees would be the studio audience so to speak. At least that's my idea. Their deal with equal vision could easily put a stop to any such plans. I was just thinking of a way to make it worth eisley's time to put on such a show.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
freakinalex
Lost at Forum

wilsmith wrote:
In a perfect world a fan or two would film the show and a static camera could be set up for ustream, along with a direct out of the mix from the board. That mix would be the source for the album dl which people can pledge towards as well. The documentary, and i use the term loosely, could be comprised of the fan footage of the show along with possibly interviews and behind the scenes footage that some kind soul could edit in imovie, nothing fancy. For those without the means DIY dvds could be burned and shipped out. Perhaps some craft fans could craft sleeves with cardstock and old school ink stamp of the e logo?

Since we're still speaking speculatively here, if something like this arises, I could potentially see if our film group would be interested in doing some semi-professional filming.

Again, just speaking speculatively.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

That would be speculatively awesome!

You know what would also be speculatively awesome?

Both eps played in their entirety Mr. Green that would be perfect, and leaves enough set time for a best-of everything else.

magicaljadestorm
Sea Post King

I would love to but living so far away I may not be able to, I would try to make the effort to go if the circumstances were right.
Foolish boy. Don't you know anything about Fantasia? It's the world of human fantasy. Every part, every creature of it, is a piece of the dreams and hopes of mankind. Therefore, it has no boundaries. ~G'Mork
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

throw in performances of sun feet, mr. pine, silver bugs, and trolley wood. didn't they say they recorded some version of those songs for the eps?

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
juan_diego
Sea Post King

The Man In The Moon wrote:
throw in performances of sun feet, mr. pine, silver bugs, and trolley wood. didn't they say they recorded some version of those songs for the eps?

I know they at least WORKED on Silver Bugs when they were in the studio for Room Noises. I dunno if it ever got recorded...

But, even if it did, wouldn't it be owned by WB?

The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

juan_diego wrote:
The Man In The Moon wrote:

I know they at least WORKED on Silver Bugs when they were in the studio for Room Noises. I dunno if it ever got recorded...

But, even if it did, wouldn't it be owned by WB?

doesn't mean they can't perform it, right?

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
Congratulations
Sea Post King

I think this is a great idea that I'd love to see happen, but I don't think I would make it to the show.
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia