Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
I got the same thing. They ignored my DL link question.

I would think it's a pressing plant thing, but you talked about that guy holding a manufactured CD copy on Twitter.

I think DLs are handled differently, though possibly still through them. I'll have to check my Lovedrug DL emails*, cause they sold their cd/ vinyl/ DL through Topspin as well

and the picture, it was via Sleeping At Last, which was a band and is now sort of a recording project that Jeremy and Stacy have contributed to over the years. Ryan is the main man, and he posted this picture on Instagram:

https://twitter.com/#!/sleepingatlast

But that could be a test pressing that he got/ advance copy because he is a friend of both of them and a musical contemporary. Still, I envy Neutral

And I will say it again, that is just a DOPE album cover. Visually stunning. Love it.

sebas wrote:
I can just send you two the tracks if you want, I'd just need your e-mail.

You already paid for it, so nobody is going to yell at me, right?

I appreciate the gesture, but I'm cool. I don't really listen to music via digital media much anymore. It goes on my computer, or an old phone/ mp3 player I used when I mow the lawn, or a sansa clip I use when I travel long distances, so I can hold out for the cd.

Confession: I'm not "ready" to hear it yet. I want to be in a more carefree and spring like mood. I'm in the midst of a Winter relapse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sucreofficialemailaddy wrote:

Hello!

The digital download for your Sucré pre-order should have been sent out by now. You can redeem it with the code you received here: http://sucre.spinshop.com/store/redeem/sucre/18422

Please let us know if any errors occurred and you did not receive!

Any CDs ordered have been shipped and should arrive this week.
Remember the Red Velvet Bundle will ship the second the vinyl arrives in the next few weeks! We promise it's worth the wait (but in the mean time you will have a digital download of the album to hold you!)

Thanks!
Support

Sucre' or not Sucre' (per the interview from a month or so ago Wink ) ?

*I checked my Lovedrug order and the link for my DLs was part of the order receipt in the form of a direct link button with a listing of all of the DLs I was due (it was a 3 ep package in FLAC). So based on what everyone who got a DL is saying there should be link with the A Minor Bird as the listed DL.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9638 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

wilsmith wrote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sucreofficialemailaddy wrote:

Hello!

The digital download for your Sucré pre-order should have been sent out by now. You can redeem it with the code you received here: http://sucre.spinshop.com/store/redeem/sucre/18422

Please let us know if any errors occurred and you did not receive!

Any CDs ordered have been shipped and should arrive this week.
Remember the Red Velvet Bundle will ship the second the vinyl arrives in the next few weeks! We promise it's worth the wait (but in the mean time you will have a digital download of the album to hold you!)

Thanks!
Support

Sucre' or not Sucre' (per the interview from a month or so ago Wink ) ?

*I checked my Lovedrug order and the link for my DLs was part of the order receipt in the form of a direct link button with a listing of all of the DLs I was due (it was a 3 ep package in FLAC). So based on what everyone who got a DL is saying there should be link with the A Minor Bird as the listed DL.

So did you let them know you didn't get it? I got this same email and replied back (I guess that's what you were supposed to do?). The stream quality wasn't horrible, so I'm still okay with waiting, but if they can fix it and get codes out, that would be awesome as well!
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Yup, sure did. I forwarded them the email I got from Topspin so they would know that the distributor was... contradicting them or at least mistaken. I provided my order number to Topspin, so i don't think they would have confused a cd with Vinyl (which has always been on a different time table from what I gleaned).

I'm just hoping the info@ email address isn't simply on outbound only addy so that replies reach a dead end, which most outbound info addies typically are. We shall see.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
tungsten
Sea Post King

My favorites would have to be:

1. No Return (the live version though, Stacy kills the vocal and gets after it, the album version is more restrained and not digging the arrangement as much).
2. Hiding Out
3. Endless Sleep / tie w/ Troubled Waters
4. Chemical Reaction

I love them all though.
tungsten
Sea Post King

and a new high of 60 on the ITUNES 100!!!!! Does happy dance for Stacy
boone
Vintage Newbie

I got a form email from Sucré with a link to download, so I'm guessing a lot of people didn't get DLs. The perils of independent publishing, ya know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Yeah I got an email with a link to the download too but I never received an email with the code that's needed in order to get it heh.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
boone
Vintage Newbie

Has anybody tried clicking the Live Receipt link in their order confirmation email? I did, and it had download options and shipping information.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Re: nowhere mn

My predicament exactly. Happens to the best of em on the indie circuit. Sort of explains why a lot of bands i know went with download only for a few months then did physical releases at a later date over the last few years. A few extra months goes a long way in smoothing out kinks. Other successes had the artists and their helpers mailing out thte cds themselves rather than going through an indie distributor, which created it's own headaches, as chronicled by Juliana Hatfield with her pledger updates.

The key thing for me is that it's nit like i can get the cd new somewhere else. They got the market cornered, so best to bide my time and wait patiently.

Re:boone i did, no dice. My order is stuck on stupid. It's been pending since it was placed on 3/13

Worst case scenario, they ran into the same problem Ryan Adams did with Cardinology IiI/iV and they under ordered for the printing, and will have to order a 2nd run of cds. In RA's case it wouldn't let you checkout but who knows, if the worst case happened with Topspin they may have "backordered" disks automatically, hence the response i got from their customer service about waiting for cds to arriive at their warehouse in order so they can ship them and the pending status of my order.

That is 100% conjecture on my part! Don't go starting rumors Based on that.

Last edited by wilsmith on Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

boone wrote:
Has anybody tried clicking the Live Receipt link in their order confirmation email? I did, and it had download options and shipping information.
Yep, I did but it doesn't show anything new.

When I pre-ordered my cd I was just buying the cd and wasn't expecting a download anyway since it didn't mention it anywhere. Maybe they weren't planning on including the download at first and then later decided to and that's why some problems occurred.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
oathmeal
Sea Post King

I feel kind of bad. I went ahead and cancelled my preorder and then just bought it off iTunes. I'm way too impatient for my own good. I just really love this album.
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

I ended up buying the Sucre album 3 times...

1) Ordered hard copy
2) Became impatient when I didn't receive my free digital download w/ pre-order, so attempted to download off iTunes
3)iTunes didn't seem to be working, so ordered mp3s off Amazon... returned to my iTunes and found that in fact my attempt to download off iTunes DID work
4) Oh, and I finally just got my digital download in my email today

SO I ended up paying for 3 Sucre albums, with 4 different ways in which to listen to it. Call me impatient Sad

johnip
Vintage Newbie

Or a great fan! Wink
Sea Post King

kLafied wrote:
I ended up buying the Sucre album 3 times...

1) Ordered hard copy
2) Became impatient when I didn't receive my free digital download w/ pre-order, so attempted to download off iTunes
3)iTunes didn't seem to be working, so ordered mp3s off Amazon... returned to my iTunes and found that in fact my attempt to download off iTunes DID work
4) Oh, and I finally just got my digital download in my email today

SO I ended up paying for 3 Sucre albums, with 4 different ways in which to listen to it. Call me impatient Sad

I reacted similarly when the Valley came out. I bought the Limited Edition pack, the cd/shirt pack, and off iTunes. I would have done the same this time, but I'm broke. I just feel bad because they don't get as much money when I get it from iTunes. At least I still bought it I guess. Oh well, I'll probably still get a physical copy anyway eventually.
norad
Vintage Newbie

Hiding Out live! It is beyond amazing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul4pvygdrsQ

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>