Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

tungsten wrote:
anyone going to the Fort Worth Antropologie show?

I know sherri said she is
sully_51
Golly, Poster

sully_51 wrote:
sully_51 wrote:
Mine came today. I'm a bit miffed because they seem to have forgotten to include the CD I also ordered, but the packing list says it's in there.

Well I emailed TopSpin to inform them of the missing CD that day, and received a response that they would "reship" the CD immediately. Two weeks later, still no sign of the CD, so I emailed again and the response this time was "Your CD is in the queue to get reshipped as soon as possible."

NEVER dealing with this company again.

I emailed the company again on Friday expressing my displeasure with the fact that the CD still has not shipped, and requested confirmation that the CD would in fact be shipped with expedited shipping, and also requested to be refunded my shipping charges. I have not received any new communication from them, but checking my order on their website now shows a refund of the full $20 shipping charges I paid for the CD and vinyl bundle. It has not yet appeared on my credit card but I know that can take a few days. I am glad they made that effort but rather shocked that they did not make an effort to inform me that they did refund the shipping charges. Still no idea if/when the CD will ship.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

That's especially lame, it's like they're overwhelmed. I wonder if topspin is folks from indie labels trying to build their own distribution from the ground up, thus understaffed?

I know you got that lovedrug stuff too, don't you find it odd that they were good on that stuff but horrible with Sucre?

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
sully_51
Golly, Poster

wilsmith wrote:
That's especially lame, it's like they're overwhelmed. I wonder if topspin is folks from indie labels trying to build their own distribution from the ground up, thus understaffed?

I know you got that lovedrug stuff too, don't you find it odd that they were good on that stuff but horrible with Sucre?

Perhaps. I did see this today, so that may be the reason. I still think it's pretty crappy that the CD didn't ship before the bundle, seeing as how the original confirmation email indicated that the CD would ship in April. And I think it's especially crappy that they are not responding to my inquiry anymore, even if they are doing something in the background.

The Lovedrug stuff was about as quick and painless as could be. Sucre, on the other hand, has left a sour taste in my mouth.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Wow, did you read the article that was a follow up too? Of course you did http://www.topspinmedia.com/2012/05/a-new-alliance-and-important-updat es

that's seriously jacked up, like if walmart just went & bought out your local grocery store, sent all the product back to the formers and factories it cme from if they already carries their stuff & left it up to them to do something with it. That would totally screw up any outstanding orders cause if the new company, Alliance, had Sucre cds that means topspin then had to ship their Sucre cds to the band/masnagement and then fulfill orders from the Alliance inventory when the takeover was done.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
sully_51
Golly, Poster

Yeah... I guess they messed things up pretty bad. To their credit, the CD did arrive today shipped priority. I will chalk it up to a terrible reorg and be cautious in the future...
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

sully_51 wrote:
Yeah... I guess they messed things up pretty bad. To their credit, the CD did arrive today shipped priority. I will chalk it up to a terrible reorg and be cautious in the future...

they werent reorging when my whole thing went down.

i don't run a company so i can't begin to imagine what it's like. But I do know, in this internet age, where I can click one button on amazon and two days later get my cd hassle free, the pain i had to go through to get my vinyl and cd was not worth it.

so yeah, top spin is no good in my opinion.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

What am I if not an apologist?

Chances are, with distributors, this Purchase of their former Warehousing company was in the works for a good long while, quite possibly without Topspin being informed. The back end of the record business is the shadiest of businesses indeed. All I can say is, their previous distributor might as well have been hostilely taken over, hence the inventory purge. Alliance is a wing of the Major Label Distribution network. So this is the big fish eating the viable little indie one.

Distribution is where the quick hard cash is made in the record business, basically the first bill that has to be paid. So Alliance has cut out the middle man (the labels, who they represent in true physical form) and now gets to bill the artists using TopSpin's service head on. The kicker is they basically kicked sand in their face while taking their girl (old school beach movie metaphor for you youngin's) by not taking on the stock of the previous distributor and selling it, and instead shipping it to the artists like 'Sell this crap yourselves, we don't want it, it came from your ex." That's insulting.

Part of the pitch Topspin is selling is that now Artists have access to their back catalogs (with majors etc) to sell cause Alliance has all that stock, which they can put in their store. Read that as: This is the Major Label's distributor, and they want you to sell the records you made for them that you aren't going to promote because you're in business for yourself. If you don't, do you really expect us to ship your new stuff out correctly and on time? This is basically large scale extortion too. That's how the business works though.

Cynic out.

sully_51
Golly, Poster

Also...

Quote:
This means that while your exclusive products are made available from your web site, stores like Best Buy, Barnes & Noble, Amazon and others will also have the opportunity to carry your products.

means "Your exclusive content is no longer exclusive! These big companies are going to demand you sell your goods for less money! You now have the distribution arm of The Industry bending you over even though you aren't part of The Industry!

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Wow, so true. That Alliance buyout press release truly was a gold plated turd.

tungsten
Sea Post King

Well, considering I would have climbed up Mt. Doom with Sam and Gollum upon my back to get this album, a delayed shipping is nothing to complain about here.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

It's the internet, where there is always somethinh to complain about. That's what this thing is for. Razz

sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

Posted a bit about the Ft Worth show which has a few videos I found on youtube. http://www.hornsplus.net/2012/06/fort-anthropologie.html I was one of the horn players (and the one who did the brass for the record).

It was a good show! Did anyone on here get out to it? I'm hoping Boyd gets some pictures up soon.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Very Happy that pepped me up! Thanks for sharing.

sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

It's my job to pep. Smile

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>