Laughing City
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
Lol, no story. He's 1 and says "b-b" instead of "baby." He understands she needs to be held and fed, so chooses not to beat her up. Everyone else is subject to his adorable rage though.

Speaking of pictures, while I probably shouldn't post this, he has totally become the light of my work life.

He looks nothin' like his daddy. I'm just saying. Laughing

Anyway, I obviously agree with Hisownshot (Carrie, I think?) here, but like I said, only time will tell. I actually do look forward to the pictures, whether they're from tours or home. They're definitely gonna be cute little b-bs. Very Happy

Aw to the wuh... cute little dude, he's got a suspicious kid look on his mug though Laughing

I don't disagree with you or his own shot since I have held every job she has & have the familial experience. I also have seen teachers & camp counsselors who have those kids on lock, moving like clockwork, with enough slack to crack the whip on the wildcards. I've seen parents with toddlers with the same mojo. Some people have that Village of the Damned swag.

Travel is possible, touring might be an endeavor of epic proportions, but when family is involved I can see retired in-laws scheduling vacations around on branch of a tour, and the others picking up the slack on the next. Just an idea. Also, I'm expecting Mutemath to get even bigger than they are. They're getting pretty big btw, on the cusp of Deathcab-level success.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
...But it's not just one baby, with a bunch of free hands and space. It's going to be four. Wasn't their last tour in a van?

Wasn't sure if you were responding to my post or not here, but if so.. Jenn was pretty much on her own with the baby touring. Apart from her husband helping (of course) when he wasn't busy (which he often was). It's definitely nothing like three new babies on tour I understand but even just one baby, one mama.. I can only imagine the difficulties of traveling on the road! Shocked

I think if Stacy, Chauntelle and Sherri brought their babies on tour they'd definitely trade out the van for a bus - like the ones they used to take? Possibly something bigger. Todd is on hand so that's great for Chauntelle and who knows, maybe the other spouses would join along when they could. Or maybe a Mute Math, Say Anything, Eisley tour Laughing
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Both the last tours I went to this year and the last Daren was with them. He's pretty much a contant. These are midwest tours though & he is from MO, where both shows were. Sherri's been pretty constant on Max's tours whether opening or just on hand & singing her parts. Now that they're label mates on EV it makes even more sense for a SA & Eisley tour part deux.

The timing seems more likely for Eisley & mutemath to have releases close to the same time, cause SA's just came out. Who knows, there could be a Perma release by that time? It would be nice if Sucre & Perma alternated between Eisley albums so that in the 2 years between each we got releases by each a year apart. Plus Merriment in their too...

On the other hand Eisley could go Beatles and be a studio only act for a while, maybe doing a "from the basement" like broadcast for a release like Radiohead & maybe a 2 or 3 show residency in ultra mega major markets along with festivals if available?

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

I wouldn't mind making the next tour a mega family event. Sucre/Merriment/Perma/SA/MM/Eisley. That'd be a heck of long show. Laughing
pzy
Wookie Luke

Hey, if there's one thing a big Texan family knows, it's how to have lots of babies. I think they've got this Wink
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:

Aw to the wuh... cute little dude, he's got a suspicious kid look on his mug though Laughing

I don't disagree with you or his own shot since I have held every job she has & have the familial experience. I also have seen teachers & camp counsselors who have those kids on lock, moving like clockwork, with enough slack to crack the whip on the wildcards. I've seen parents with toddlers with the same mojo. Some people have that Village of the Damned swag.

Travel is possible, touring might be an endeavor of epic proportions, but when family is involved I can see retired in-laws scheduling vacations around on branch of a tour, and the others picking up the slack on the next. Just an idea. Also, I'm expecting Mutemath to get even bigger than they are. They're getting pretty big btw, on the cusp of Deathcab-level success.

Just wanna clarify that I'm sure it is possible to take four babies on tour and have some kind of routine, it just seems like more of an expense than a gain at that point. But of course it's really none of my business how the Dupree clan decides to go about their business and family lives, anyway. Unless they want to make it my business and post lots of pictures. I also wasn't joking when I said I'd like to read a blog on that. Might even make for a great TLC show, haha.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

pzy wrote:
Hey, if there's one thing a big Texan family knows, it's how to have lots of babies. I think they've got this Wink
Yes, it's probably a much different process than people who have big families in other parts of the world. My grandmother, who had 6 kids, was almost always pregnant at the same time as one of her 8 sisters; there was always lots of babies around when my dad was growing up, but everything probably went a lot less smoothly because they were all born and raised in Brooklyn. Something in the water, perhaps, right?

And caring for a number of children in succession at home is definitely relevant to having four infants en route, for months, at once.

Wink

Did Kayla ever go on tour with them, I wonder?

That said, I don't really care. I doubt they'll come here for a while anyway; and I probably won't travel to one of the bigger cities unless it's for Sucre, so. Smile

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Yeah, it's their perogative. I was taking this more as a, "when/ if/ how will we see the band we are all fans of again?" bit of conjecture more than critique. Whenever Buh-Byeisley paranoia sets in my knee jerk reaction is to speculate how & why things can work out ok.

We'll see. I'm optimistic. Also, since EV is a NY label I expect once an album cycle an up north trip will be booked so NJ may yet get a show in 2013.

freakinalex
Lost at Forum

Kylee Janai wrote:
I wouldn't mind making the next tour a mega family event. Sucre/Merriment/Perma/SA/MM/Eisley. That'd be a heck of long show. Laughing

Dupree Fest 2013 Razz

The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

wilsmith wrote:
Both the last tours I went to this year and the last Daren was with them. He's pretty much a contant. These are midwest tours though & he is from MO, where both shows were. Sherri's been pretty constant on Max's tours whether opening or just on hand & singing her parts. Now that they're label mates on EV it makes even more sense for a SA & Eisley tour part deux.

The timing seems more likely for Eisley & mutemath to have releases close to the same time, cause SA's just came out. Who knows, there could be a Perma release by that time? It would be nice if Sucre & Perma alternated between Eisley albums so that in the 2 years between each we got releases by each a year apart. Plus Merriment in their too...

On the other hand Eisley could go Beatles and be a studio only act for a while, maybe doing a "from the basement" like broadcast for a release like Radiohead & maybe a 2 or 3 show residency in ultra mega major markets along with festivals if available?

i would like to hear more perma sometime. anywho, i don't know if eisley could be a studio only act right now (though it seems the best option for them at the moment) as they're not exactly the same status the beatles were at.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
rchamp
Sea Post King

tahruh wrote:

Did Kayla ever go on tour with them, I wonder?

Yes, she was with them on the most recent tour. I asked Chauntelle if it was Kayla's first tour and she said no, Kayla was an experienced road dog ever since she was a baby.
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Well, she's like a tween now...

I don't think she went on tour-tours with them though, when she was a baby/tot/lil' kid. Outside of Texas. I'm pretty sure they've said as much (she stayed home with Kim, and Chauntelle would call her all the time). And Boyd said he'd stay home with Stacy's baby when she announced her pregnancy, before it turned out they all were expecting.

I just think they got a bit excited with everything and didn't think it all the way through. And again, I don't really care, but I would not personally get too invested in the idea of a tour next year if I did. Just me though.

Kayci
Golly, Poster

I remember seeing Kayla when she looked about 4-5 at a Seattle show several years ago.
vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

yeah, they definitely toured with bebe Kayla at least a few times. it's not like she's been on every tour, but they've been there done that.
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Meh, thought I remembered Chauntelle saying the opposite in an interview. Anyway, still not the same thing as 4 <1 babies.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>