Laughing City
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

My coworker just told me about the tumblr post. Did anyone else catch it?

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
ync
Golly, Poster

http://sdupreebemis.tumblr.com/post/30125491912/a-cry-to-fans-for-peac e-regarding-paramore-vs-eisley

or if that goes down http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2867902

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Wink
norad
Vintage Newbie

I think a bunch of the people in that thread are missing the point of Sherri making that blog post. For some random reason all the sudden there was an increase of things related to Sherri's post all over.
vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

ync wrote:
http://sdupreebemis.tumblr.com/post/30125491912/a-cry-to-fans-f or-peace-regarding-paramore-vs-eisley

or if that goes down http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2867902

aww shoot that was so depressing Sad Sad Sad Sad

people are so stupid
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Sherri wrote:
AND WE’RE ALL OVER IT! HOORAY!…so, good news..you can be too! YAY!!!! Very Happy

This just made me really happy, and reminded me of the matter-of-fact-just-shy-of-losing-it-politeness character that seems imbued in Texans/ Midwesterners...

also, just went to look at the AP thread, and you know, it may not be nice, but the internet is the go-to source for insultingly clever epithets and what-not, and "sherri-tards" is pretty good by that standards.

good one whoever came up with that. that's a vicious crotch shot to the ego executed with precision. you've got my respect.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

i will admit though. i admire that she decided to say something, but i think she could've written it better. however, i'll blame it on maybe being hormonal, and probably being frustrated that this is still an issue.

i know a lot of people on the ap thread say this was pointless, but i think there is a feud between the actual fans in that they take jabs at the respective members. for instance, if we will recall the overzealous paramore fans that were on this forum earlier this year. also, online posts by fans of both bands. the problem is, this blog post wasn't aimed to be read by the casual ap forum user.

it just hurts to see strangers that don't care about your favorite bands or musical idols strip them apart.

honestly though, if i were in sherri's position i would probably find the situation more comical than anything else. i don't think she's adding fuel to the fire, but everyone will always have their own views to motives.

funny how people think they have the right to judge artists, musicians, ect. even though they don't truly know the person. i know i'm guilty of that. we mostly only know one side. with that being said, why should we care about their personal lives really? we should really be focusing on the work these people produce. i mean, isn't that what got us interested in these people in the first place? so long as they keep making good art, why the hell should i care that much about what they do on their time off? i have liked music by people i don't like. more ridiculously, why should i believe i have an opinion on their private life?

-edit 1-

also, i will say that it's bold of sherri to be the most open of all the members of eisley. i know that's something i'm afraid of doing in pursuing art and music. but i guess at the end of the day, so long as you know who you are and you don't care what people think, it's ok.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I was fine with how she wrote it because it was written just like she talks on stage. With a Wink and a Very Happy . it was on her mind, which is fine. If I had a kid on the eay i'd spend some time thinking about what they'd learn about me from the rest of the world and who might give them a hard time for being my kid. Also, being off the road and in the studio writing probably leaves a lot of time for surfing the web getting trolled. Anyway, i think the reason it's (the faux beef) still an issue is pretty straight forward:

The bands have young fans, always have, maybe they always will, given the accessibility of the music, lack of vulgarity, and the image of the artists. Intentional or not they are very adolescent friendly because they represent a certain kind of creative freedom youth long for in their pursuit of self-actualization

The Twilight factor: young folks have been raised up in a faction promoting culture & that carries into adult hood just like when young Hippies were a group vs. Mods vs. Punks etc. The personal twist is a souring aspect, but the "Team ____ vs. Team ____" Went from a thing to a trend.

Both bands have written emotionally charged songs that touch on heart break, betrayal & jealousy, which people are going to want to identify with, and subsequently understand what they're about, so that any new, curious fan who finds a deep emotional connection to Smarter, Better Love or Ambulance or Mr. Moon or Misery Business will eventually, if they dig, find out facts & rumours in varying amounts related to the collective past romantic lives of all parties involved and might just take a side & get defensive about the subject. People get into break up songs and that brings out their inner Jerry Spring guest, which can get an artist PAID just ask Gotye or Kelly Clarkson or Taylor Swift...

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Last edited by wilsmith on Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Quote:
it just hurts to see strangers that don't care about your favorite bands or musical idols strip them apart.

That doesn't sound very healthy. It can definitely can be a bit annoying to not have one's taste appreciated, but hurt?

I think it was that kind of behavior that led some of us forum regulars to mock those Parasites. If that wasn't just bad trolling, the emotional investment they exhibited was borderline insane...

And I personally think Sherri's much too open (I visited her Tubmlr when I first saw this post and was shocked to see the video of them finding out her baby's sex... I mean, that's such an intimate thing, and to share it with strangers pretty much goes against my every instinct, and I thought was even a bit much for her, but alas), but that's just my opinion.

That said, I am curious as to why you think her subpar (if that's what you meant?) writing is hormonally influenced. I actually quite liked the post. Like I said, I definitely think she shares way, way too much, and that often she's at least partly responsible for these types of issues that arise, but not in this case.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Sherri is a firecracker as some folks would put it.
In my family we would affectionately say she was crazy (it's a term of endearment vs. Psycho, or Nuts etc.)

And not to dogpile but invoking "hormones" may come off as sexist but on the flipside I've had pregnant friends & coworkers invoke that as a factor in their stressing and vex. I guess if people want to blow this off there you go, easy excuse. But honestly, when has Sherri ever been non-confrontational as an artist as we know her? Go listen to the originally Telescope Eyes. She may seem meek to some, but as an artist & when left with no choice as a cewebrity, she usually doesn't shy away fom things, just tries to be civil to a degree, if not polite. But she has worn her heart on her sleeve in her songwriting for 6 years when smitten & scorned & back again. That's not immature or juvenile, it's human. People are forgetting that in their hubris.

Who says you have to be Secretary General of United Nations of Internet Posting Diplomacy to speak on issues involving yourself? Not every is like Madonna, Angelina Jolie, getting less like themselves in their youthful fame, taking on accents that seem to make them come off as refined, intelligent, dignified and seeming more out of touch. Some people are who they are, and that's ok. We don't have to "front" online to appease any person who might read it, with high literary standards. This is more bathroom graphitti than messianic prophesy after all.

Last edited by wilsmith on Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

well, in my position, i'm constantly having to defend myself from people around me, since some of my co-workers enjoy trying to find some sort of fault with me so something like this would be a major foothold. i guess annoyed would've been a better world than hurt, but most people i know go beyond just being annoying and tend to be malicious.

concerning her writing though, i feel i've read some other posts by her before and she just didn't write that way. it was much cleaner. it was kinda hard for me to take some of it it seriously, to be honest.

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

The Man In The Moon wrote:
well, in my position, i'm constantly having to defend myself from people around me, since some of my co-workers enjoy trying to find some sort of fault with me so something like this would be a major foothold. i guess annoyed would've been a better world than hurt, but most people i know go beyond just being annoying and tend to be malicious.

concerning her writing though, i feel i've read some other posts by her before and she just didn't write that way. it was much cleaner. it was kinda hard for me to take some of it it seriously, to be honest.
To me, she just came across as fed up. I've always been vocal about not being a fan of her writing-writing. I'm not sure she even completed high school though. She definitely could've benefitted from taking some courses on writing, especially creative, at a CC or something, because the aptitude for words is obviously there, but they've always seemed to poo-poo education (not that I think it doesn't deserve a lot criticism, but some of it is pretty useful...). And I don't think it's been much of a hinderance to the music writing, even though I tend to prefer Stacy's subject matter, so... But yeah, I kind of liked the frankness and hint of snarkiness in there; one doesn't usually see that from her. Well, her persona anyway.
Last edited by tahruh on Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

yeah yall can stop hating on avril and nickleback! sherri parted ways with chad long ago!

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

Nowhere Man wrote:
yeah yall can stop hating on avril and nickleback! sherri parted ways with chad long ago!

Hahahahaha. I see what you did there.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

i'll blame it on maybe being hormonal

Yeah, good, women love when you do that.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
i'll blame it on maybe being hormonal

Yeah, good, women love when you do that.

Welcome back, Hannah. Laughing

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!