Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
Christian
Sea Post King

norad wrote:
The Man In The Moon wrote:
i'm pretty sure they meant vocals. also, i don't think it's that hard to imagine. i'm pretty certain it'd be something along the lines of how sherri and max did those christmas songs.

Personally I am not a fan of Max's singing voice. So anything but that. Confused

Agreed. I like one Say Anything song ("Cemetery"). His cover of "Telescope Eyes" is wretched.
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

Christian wrote:
norad wrote:
i'm pretty sure they meant vocals. also, i don't think it's that hard to imagine. i'm pretty certain it'd be something along the lines of how sherri and max did those christmas songs.

Personally I am not a fan of Max's singing voice. So anything but that. Confused

Agreed. I like one Say Anything song ("Cemetery"). His cover of "Telescope Eyes" is wretched.

i think it could work a lot better than you guys are giving him credit for. but yea, i wasn't a fan of that cover either. however, with the perma stuff they did, his singing style is different.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Also, keep in mind, he's harmonizing, not singing lead vocals so I'm sure it will be more subtle than you naysayers think. I think it could work, I'm not saying it will, but I am sure it could sound cool, depending on how it's done, and I trust Eisley. They don't really ever let me down with their music, so I'm game.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

+1 to advising folks to listen to him getting his Swell Season on... on the Perma tracks before they catch a chill playing the vocal to Shiska in their head's imaging that style over an Eisley track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exg_b0B-RFs

Chill, they got this. Cool

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
CBmp3
Sea Post King

Count me as another person who doesn't want Max creeping onto Eisley material. Even the "harmonizing" worries me, but I guess we'll see. I agree with Christian from above there in that that cover of "Telescope Eyes" on the Fire Kite EP is wretched. Ouch. Regardless, I'm excited about LP4. Very Happy
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

you guys realize that he was on Smarter right? also, according to instagram he's done a good bit of instrumental help. let's also not forget that say anything songs with sherri work, so let's give his vocals on an eisley song (probably just once) a chance.

norad
Vintage Newbie

you guys realize that he was on Smarter right? also, according to instagram he's done a good bit of instrumental help. let's also not forget that say anything songs with sherri work, so let's give his vocals on an eisley song (probably just once) a chance.

He only did guitar on The Valley.
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

i'm talking to people who don't want him involved at all. also, let's not forget he wrote part of deep space.

edit-

also, i think they've said the telescope eyes cover was meant to be kind of a joke, and that he originally planned another song.

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

I thought his additional guitar work to The Valley weakened it. There are terrible Say Anything riffs where there should Chauntelle's generally wonderful input.

Did he contribute to the EP at all?

vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

like i said on the perma thread, I don't want vox from max. from what people over there seem to be saying, that's apparently his "soft" voice and I still find it really grating. I also feel like it would just sound so out of place in an eisley song.
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

Sherri said he wrote part of deep space but was accidentally left off the album notes. I also don't see how his guitar work took away from the valley. If anything I think it brought a new dynamic. I remember everyone being ecstatic when they debuted smarter at the Baylor show.

Also, the new perma single isn't a good example of max doing soft vocals. Tripping and fallen pollen are. I don't really get the max hate. You guys act as if he's yoko Ono or something.

vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

Also, the new perma single isn't a good example of max doing soft vocals. Tripping and fallen pollen are. I don't really get the max hate. You guys act as if he's yoko Ono or something.

woah woah woah now. no personal attacks, I'm a big fan of them as a couple. but I don't think his musical aesthetic matches up very well with eisley, and I still don't like his voice, even on those songs.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

The new Perma single has shaken my confidence. I was gonna say their Christmas song together was more what I was expecting, if I remember it right, it's been a while. He harmonizes on one of the Sherri contributions as I recall.

I get the fear though, I'm a silver lining type of guy, but.. discretion is the better part of valor.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

did anyone catch the new songs played tonight?

tungsten
Sea Post King

EISwatching: medical definition

(noun) 1. The condition of waiting eagerly for new Eisley material. Symptoms include searching 'Eisley' on youtube by most recently uploaded; religously checking laughingcity to see if anyone has posted about said new material. Other symptoms include restlessness, fidgeting, impatience, and excitedness. Symptoms often present themselves when Eisley announces the possibility of new material being presented at a live show that the victim cannot attend.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>