Laughing City
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

For the sake of argument Katherine is a flower as is Jasmine, each have been popular. I'm related to two flowers myself.

At the school I work at I enter the names of all student & staff into our servers & databases. Off the cuff here are ones that are common feminine across both groups (spellings vary):

Lilly, sierra, grace, abby, jade(n), elizabeth, hannah, kathy, mia, chris (tin) a,e, cheyenne, faiith, jordan, britney, kelsey, taylor

With boys trendy ones are austin, braden, hunter, tristan, chase, mason and biblical ones like elijah, jeremiah, and isaiah. There still a ton of stevens, matthews, michaels, aarons, adams, joshuas, and less johns or jameses(all biblical as well, I know I know). There are more nathans than i'd expect.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Last edited by wilsmith on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

I think Scarlett Marie King would be pretty.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
I'm related to two flowers myself.
Very Happy
norad
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
For the sake of argument Katherine is a flower as is Jasmine, each have been popular. I'm related to two flowers myself.

When I think of the name Jasmine the only thing that comes to mind is my cat Jasmine that I named after a Disney princess when I was about 4. Laughing
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Your cat had a lovely name, the same as one of my nieces, who's one of the sweetest soul's I've known. Very Happy

Lillian always strikes me, I've been smitten with that name since I was like 10 years old. Never knew anyone by that name then, but it just sounds beautiful to me.

Also, Dawn is a nice middle name, but Scarlett Dawn makes me think of Red Dawn, the movie that introduced me to patrick swayze, c thomas howell, jennifer grey & others. They"re remaking it and I wouldn't burden a kid with a ready made joke about their name. I'm sure that comes as no surprise...

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

Does anyone know when she's due? I saw her 9 mos. picture and was like WOAH I thought she just announced her pregnancy
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

She was 4 months when they announced right? That was in may? Gonna be one heckuva xmas!

Last edited by wilsmith on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

prolly within the next few months or so

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
norad
Vintage Newbie

Nowhere Man wrote:
prolly within the next few months or so

Stacy is already at 36 weeks. http://instagram.com/p/Qa5DvtojQB/
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Yeah, by my non-math, she's due now, and the 2nd wave (the d'agostinos', the Best Duprees') will be here in time for Christmas, and then the Bemis's are expecting around Valentine's right?

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
Yeah, by my non-math, she's due now

Pregnancy lasts 40 weeks, ideally.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

By now, I should have said "sometime this month".

But you know, imprecise words and imprecise math should always go together, so I'm reppin' consistency at least Cool

They should count pregnancy durations in days, since they are more mathematically consistent to count, as opposed to weeks and months which don't conform. I'm all for a range of days, like 275-280 for example in the ideal term. Does that jibe?

vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

wilsmith wrote:

They should count pregnancy durations in days, since they are more mathematically consistent to count, as opposed to weeks and months which don't conform. I'm all for a range of days, like 275-280 for example in the ideal term. Does that jibe?

I mean, weeks are always in groups of seven. That's not inconsistent. Once you starting getting into high, triple digit numbers I feel like it's harder to mentally swallow how long that is, exactly, given that it's pretty irregular to number days singly when they're large enough to be split into the larger units of weeks and months.

besides, that's a little toooo precise. Babies don't pay attention to doctors' estimates. I was born three weeks early! If you have x number of days it feels a little less ballpark-y.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

vintage_snowflake wrote:
wilsmith wrote:

I mean, weeks are always in groups of seven. That's not inconsistent. Once you starting getting into high, triple digit numbers I feel like it's harder to mentally swallow how long that is, exactly, given that it's pretty irregular to number days singly when they're large enough to be split into the larger units of weeks and months.

besides, that's a little toooo precise. Babies don't pay attention to doctors' estimates. I was born three weeks early! If you have x number of days it feels a little less ballpark-y.

This. Let's not make pregnancy feel even longer, please.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Well, I don't have a womb, so you all have a trump card in this one. I'm just saying, the thing about weeks is, there are seven days, so when you expect a child to be born, ideally in 40 weeks, well that is still a span of of 7 days.

When you talk about a pregnancy being 9 months, well, months are inconsistent in the number of days they contain.

So what do Doctor's do, they give a Due Date, or in other words, they count up a number of days that span weeks and months. But only Doctors have permission to count days and think in terms of days, while we are stuck with months and weeks, ranges that are atypical to how we normally do math (counting in 7s, using a variable that represents a range of numbers and not just a set value).

I'm being a man right now. That's all. If days are good enough for Doctors, why not the rest of us? That's all I'm saying. It's not like people don't X out days on the calender leading up till the Due Date anyway?

If you have read this far, thank you for your graciousness and generosity. May you be blessed!