0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Android
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 17

Vriana
Sea Post King

In my opinion, the competition's between iPhone and Android, though Blackberry's pretty awesome. What's your opinion?

I dont really know about any other phone systems well known in the market like these ones, so feel free to mention anything I left out of the poll.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

I have an iPhone 4. It's my first smartphone, so I've never known anything else.

I think it's pretty rad.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vriana
Sea Post King

I have an iPhone too and I think it's super awesome. It is very helpful and I love that. I used to have a Blackberry and I think it was pretty cool. My parents have Androids and I just hate it; I think is all too slow and unorganized, in my opinion. But, taking in consideration the phones that most of my friends and companions have (which are iPhones and mostly Androinds) I think the competition is really between those two phone systems.
freakinalex
Lost at Forum

I have a Windows Phone 7. It's pretty cool. I didn't want an iPhone, partially cause AT&T charges you a lot extra for the iPhone's data plan. After playing around with both Windows Phone and Android in the store, I found I liked WP better. It seemed a lot more user-friendly to me. Plus it connects to your Xbox Live account, which I use a lot of.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I have to to support both iphones and Android phones at work, no windows phones, never used a blackberry. I own a Android phone, gingerbread OS, and an Ipad 2 (work issued, couldn't afford the indulgence otherwise). The IOS is definitely more stable than the iteration of android I have. My actual phone is an LG Optimus Slider, which is not the most current phone by far, and it's on Virgin Mobile, so it uses CMDA, which isn't the best either. I have used it in areas where the signals are unusually strong in St. Louis, and it FLIES, works like a charm, but being that it's a 3G I didn't expect a whole lot.

I'm burdened by my refusal to type on a touch screen exclusively. Just can't do it. I just can't. This pretty much guarantees I'll never have the optimal phone experience. I will concede this, even on this old unstable version of Android I have, as far as an internet experience, it has iOS licked given it's ability to run sites and file formats of all sorts. Sites are adapting to be more iOS friendly, but inclusive of the Google Apps terrestrial to Android, Android, if packaged properly, on a device with the proper specs will be hard to compete with. I have Google Drive on my phone and that alone is indispensable now that our district adopted Google Apps for Education as our Email Client, and primary Office Suite. Google's Voice Recognition has been pretty useful too, especially in concert with their Navigation apps. I can only imagine what the newer versions of Android can pull off since they have updates to Flash and Firefox I can't install because of the age of my OS.

I'm curious about the Windows phones to come given Windows 8 is built to bridge the mobile windows experience and the desktop experience for the better.

As it stands, I am content with $50 unlimited data plan that gets throttled after 2.5gigs in a month, that includes my phone insurance and 1200 minutes, and a phone OS that at one time was easy to root to allow tethering wirelessly or via USB cable. Not that anyone is doing that to circumvent having a second ISP or anything Wink

Plus I got a keyboard yo.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Last edited by wilsmith on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

freakinalex wrote:
I have a Windows Phone 7. It's pretty cool. I didn't want an iPhone, partially cause AT&T charges you a lot extra for the iPhone's data plan. After playing around with both Windows Phone and Android in the store, I found I liked WP better. It seemed a lot more user-friendly to me. Plus it connects to your Xbox Live account, which I use a lot of.

yeah! what one you got?

i have an htc trophy and i love it.

i had android before and i use ios on my ipad.
windows phone is where its at.

i am stuck trying to decide what windows phone 8 i want now. htc x or nokia 822

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
freakinalex
Lost at Forum

mr pine wrote:
freakinalex wrote:

yeah! what one you got?

i have an htc trophy and i love it.

i had android before and i use ios on my ipad.
windows phone is where its at.

i am stuck trying to decide what windows phone 8 i want now. htc x or nokia 822

I have the Samsung Focus Flash. It's kind of on the low end of phones offered by AT&T, but it's still really nice for how much it cost (which was all of free, thanks to the whole trading up every two years thing).

vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

I have a crapy AT&T go phone. it makes calls, it texts, I'm good.
guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

I have an iPhone right now. I don't know that I necessarily prefer it to Android. I definitely prefer it to Windows. I started out with an Android phone and kind of miss that. But then, I have so many iPhone specific apps that I use constantly that I've kind of made myself stuck.
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

freakinalex wrote:
I didn't want an iPhone, partially cause AT&T charges you a lot extra for the iPhone's data plan.

Just FYI, that's not true.

freakinalex
Lost at Forum

JBaker wrote:
freakinalex wrote:
I didn't want an iPhone, partially cause AT&T charges you a lot extra for the iPhone's data plan.

Then either they changed something in the last few months or the people at AT&T lied to us for some reason.

JBaker
Vintage Newbie

freakinalex wrote:
JBaker wrote:
freakinalex wrote:

Then either they changed something in the last few months or the people at AT&T lied to us for some reason.

Nope, all smart phones have the same data plan options. I pay $30 a month for unlimited data on my iPhone. My wife pay $15 a month for 250MB on hers.

Many sales reps are trained by wireless carriers to hard sell away from the iPhone (usually to an Android), so it wouldn't exactly shock me if a salesperson twisted the truth a bit to steer you a certain way. Either that or they were new and confused.

freakinalex
Lost at Forum

Huh. That's weird. Oh well. At this point, I'm satisfied enough with my Windows Phone that I don't really care too much about the iPhone anyway. Still, it's a bit unsettling that the AT&T guy flat out lied to us.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

JBaker wrote:
My wife pay $15 a month for 250MB on hers.

250MB is still an option? Confused

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Ahhh... the cult of the serpent is winning as usual Razz

"Take a bite, it's delicious, it'll make just you like God."

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area