42%
 42%  [ 70 ]
2-3 years
30%
 30%  [ 50 ]
4+ years
14%
 14%  [ 24 ]
I will not post, but will choose this option to signify my lurkdom!
13%
 13%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 166

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Welcome! I love perogies, especially browned in a sautée pan with caramelized onions and a dark beer reduction sauce. Smile Have you seen Following? It's my favorite Nolan.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Shadow Mouse wrote:
Hi guys. I haven't been lurking for that long but I just wanted a new forum to be a part of so I thought why not here.

I'm a big fan of C. S. Lewis, perogies, Christopher Nolan movies and owls (among many other things) but more importantly at the moment I'm an Eisley fan.

I got into Eisley a few years ago and was mesmirized by their sound and unique-ness.

I'm not sure how often I'll be posting, but thanks for having me. Smile

Somewhere in these darkened halls is a picture of Stacy wearing an owl hat, that probably would've made your day.

Oh hey, maybe I can because I just found it.

Welcome to the City!

Shadow Mouse
Sea Post King

@Saellys: I've seen both Batman movies, Inception and The Prestige. I haven't seen his older ones, because I wasn't sure they were as good. I take it I'm wrong?

@grainthrower: Cool picture. Wink

Thanks for the welcomes guys. Smile
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Shadow Mouse wrote:
@Saellys: I've seen both Batman movies, Inception and The Prestige. I haven't seen his older ones, because I wasn't sure they were as good. I take it I'm wrong?

Of course the older stuff lacks the Hollywood slickness, but Following is top-notch and Memento was mind-bending compulsory viewing for quite a while. If you like the nested plots of Inception, you'll probably enjoy the backwards storytelling of Memento and the staggered timeline of Following. I recommend them both, but Following has a special place in my heart.

I forgot all about The Prestige being a Nolan! You should read the novel too--there was a modern day B-plot that was left out of the film.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shadow Mouse
Sea Post King

I am planning on reading it in the future.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
Shadow Mouse wrote:

Of course the older stuff lacks the Hollywood slickness, but Following is top-notch and Memento was mind-bending compulsory viewing for quite a while. If you like the nested plots of Inception, you'll probably enjoy the backwards storytelling of Memento and the staggered timeline of Following. I recommend them both, but Following has a special place in my heart. .

Both great films. I have to recommend The Game with Michael Douglas and Sean Penn, it was ahead of its time, and on par with Nolan's best as far as execution of concept and scale of story.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
thesemarvelousthings
Sea Post King

Haha, I've been lurking for a while, generally being too afraid to reply to anything for fear of being ignored...

I dunno, I've just always been shy Embarassed
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Thus thread deserves a bump, also, it's kind of embarassing/ cruely hilarious that post before mine was the last one in this thread. Is there a such thing as social media for anti-social people? Is that an oxymoron or just redundant?

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Frightening: I've become a lurker. Or am I just being an old person? Shocked

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers

<< prev | goto page