Laughing City
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
The thing about Johnny Depp and hollywood bachelor types and rockers robbing the cradle, in a relative sense, is that it's like that line from Dazed and Confused,

"That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older and they stay the same age."

Cept in their cases, it's actresses and models in their early to mid-20s. Then they dump them in their mid to late 30s or early 40s. Seems to be the pattern up until those guys hit their late 50s.

I don't think it's fair to lump them all together. Johnny's never been a serial dater, or has a history of dating and dumping women much younger than himself. And a 26 year old woman has most definitely shed her cradle.

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

are there any links of her "shedding her cradle?"

if you know what i mean Cool

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Dude. I wasn't prepared for that. No no no no no no no no...

tahruh wrote:
I don't think it's fair to lump them all together. Johnny's never been a serial dater, or has a history of dating and dumping women much younger than himself. And a 26 year old woman has most definitely shed her cradle.

To their credits, Brad and George weren't notorious for serial dating either. Both were known to be in long term monogamous relationships, and when they ended, the guys moved on. Some had longer single periods that others, and when all three were young and single, were fawend over. The common thread I think is that they still are, in spite of their age, and their success hasn't hurt them. There are other "studs" who've aged but aren't hitmakers, and you're a whole lot less likely to have 16 year olds crushing as hard on them as their grandmas are.

We're talking about consenting adults (well maybe not Winona at the time... the adult part, not the consent part) so Amber is free to get her TomKat on. But there's a thin line between her and Clooney's ex who's dating Steve-O now.

For kicks...

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/tpx_1273/johnny-depp/

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/tpx_366/brad-pitt/

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/tpx_908/george-clooney/

for entertainment purposes only.

If you want my honest opinion on the subject, go watch the Table discussion on Searching For Debra Winger.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9638 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Last edited by wilsmith on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Who is the Steve-O/Clooney gf?
Please not Krista Allen.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Fear not... http://www.whosdatedwho.com/tpx_2938/elisabetta-canalis/

From Clooney to Steve-O, some would call that a step down, but hey, to his credit Steve-O has Triple Citizenship, comes from money, and keeps getting work in Television in spite of his troubles?

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:
are there any links of her "shedding her cradle?"

if you know what i mean Cool
Laughing

And I'm confused Wil-- didn't see much relevant commentary with that link.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

The debra winger trailer link? That was me selling the movie, the convo that i'm referring to has escaped me as far as online streaming. It basically talks about hollywoods evaluation of the utility of actresses relative to age and looks, not talent, contrasted to males, from the actresses personal experiences as young stars, aging stars, and aged. In the trailer you see them all at a huge table for what looks like a meal, and that's the particular scene where they just keep it real, so much so, you can see some of the younger actresses "shed their cradles" in the social sense, and stop playing naive about their positions in the industry.

The question i have becomes, "Will you ever see a star of the caliber of these folks, leave a lover for someone closer to their own age or lord forbid, older, once they themselves are "old" by hollywood standards, or do they approach their mates the same way a studio would?"

Youth=Virility=Sexiness=$$$

and making hollywood money makes you a star? Accolades count for something too, cause success is attractive too. But sans awards, the easiest way to maintain your profile, is to play up your virility. Don't assume this is not known by all those playing that game out there. Their managemnent sure won't.

Last edited by wilsmith on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

you know what i dont get?

is why this

procreated with this

twice

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Cause he looks like this sometimes

. And he can pull off the beard when he wants to

And he's a big buff dude, and obviously a talented actor who makes an honest buck, and that appeals to some women. Add that to his having that Dad voice, i mean, he sounds like he was born to give advice and quotes you'll hear in your head after you screw up big time, and regret it. Laughing

Christian
Sea Post King

Besides being a phenomenally talented actor on the stage and screen, he is also a really nice and intelligent guy. Way to be completely superficial and judgmental, mr pine.
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

Christian wrote:
Besides being a phenomenally talented actor on the stage and screen, he is also a really nice and intelligent guy. Way to be completely superficial and judgmental, mr pine.

yep, thats me. you sure nailed me right on the head.

wilsmith wrote:

Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Christian wrote:
Well of course he's going to be somewhat bitter. The guy stole his woman!
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I've sworn off babies, but I'd do it again for Liev Schreiber.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
I've sworn off babies, but I'd do it again for Liev Schreiber.

i feel the same way about Naomi Watts

wilsmith wrote:

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

oddly enough, back on topic, the topic of the i wasnt prepared video popped up on twitter.

sherri, kim, and i had a discussion about it

Quote:

Kim DuPree ‏@kimbrtones
@SDuPreeBemis the girl on the left was the one in that @Eisley astronaut video right?

2h Garron DuPree ‏@GarronEisley
@sdupreebemis @kimbrtones yeah. She was in our video. The video that shall not be mentioned. haha

2h Bill Gallentine ‏@MrPine
@SDuPreeBemis @kimbrtones @GarronEisley I have been asking @boydd57 to upload that vid for a while. Thy MySpace rip is horrific

2h Kim DuPree ‏@kimbrtones
@MrPine @sdupreebemis @garroneisley @boydd57 I think the band won't let him. Sad

1h Bill Gallentine ‏@MrPine
@SDuPreeBemis @GarronEisley @Boydd57 @kimbrtones aww that's a bummer.

1h Sherri DuPree Bemis ‏@SDuPreeBemis
@kimbrtones @mrpine @garroneisley @boydd57 haha we don't even have a good one to upload. It's been lost to the cosmos.

1h Bill Gallentine ‏@MrPine
@kimbrtones @GarronEisley @Boydd57 @SDuPreeBemis well I wasn't prepared for that...

28m Luke ‏@Pzyk
@MrPine @sdupreebemis @garroneisley @boydd57 @kimbrtones I bet I have a hq copy somewhere. I should start a bidding war, band vs fans Wink

yes i know, my pun was the best.

but it appears a fellow LCer might have a copy.

wilsmith wrote: