Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Speaking of videos...I wonder if they will do a music video for Currents?
Marina
Sea Post King

I wonder when they will release a new dvd... Cool
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
Speaking of videos...I wonder if they will do a music video for Currents?

I've got a good feeling they will. This is a MAJOR release for Eisley, as it's their first Full Length that is 100% an Equal Vision release. It's also their first self-produced release. On top of that, the working relationship they have with Chris Phelps, and even Jeremy Larson, have produced quality videos for Eisley and Sucre'. Even if they only do 1 video, it will still serve as a useful promotional tool.

That RSD single is with Say Anything so I'm guessing that'll be the tour pairing. Both are acoustic. Wonder if an Acoustic tour is in the works at some point?

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

Millstone?
We're just taking song titles from Brand New now? Wink

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

I think I am going to wait this time and listen to it once I get it in the mail. I haven't before so I think it'd be fun to do it this time around, especially with Eisley doing it completely on their own this time. I want to be in for a nice surprise.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Kit
Sea Post King

I just now found out about Currents today at metacritic. Had no idea they had a completed record coming down the pipe so soon. I assumed it was probably going to be another EP. I'm pleasantly surprised to say the least.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Cool that they added it so quick. They totally ignored Sucre', but there were no professional reviews for the album anyway. EV must be on top of it.
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Is anyone else pulling out old Eisley tracks and "rediscovering" how much you enjoyed them?

Not that I forgot, but honestly, they haven't been on my personal rotation lately. Yet, now that I know another album is coming, I put on The Valley (and other past tracks) and remembering what I liked about those songs! I'm also remembering questions I had about The Valley songs, wondering if they were ever answered! (Such as...what is "I Wish" truly about?!)

I can also say, listening to the last few releases (Deep Space, The Valley, even Sucre, and the two live tracks)...I'm not sure what to expect! Which isn't a bad thing. One thing I like about Eisley is that when you buy the album, it's not like you are getting the same song 10 times. There's a variety.

Eitherway, just wanted to share my rediscovery!
vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

Will they post any songs we can listen to before the release ? (Boyd... please?)
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

vintage_snowflake wrote:
Will they post any songs we can listen to before the release ? (Boyd... please?)

They will be releasing a song soon. That's what they've been saying online via twitter and Facebook.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
MacRVA
Sea Post King

Mystic210 wrote:
Is anyone else pulling out old Eisley tracks and "rediscovering" how much you enjoyed them?

Eisley is pretty much always on my rotation. Even though my music library is pretty extensive, there's only like five or six artists that are always on rotation and Eisley is one.

That being said however, I've been listening to Room Noises more than usual. I have a tendency to put the newer stuff on heavier rotation so lately it's been more Deep Space than anything (Laugh it Off....such an amazing song) but I've been rediscovering Room Noises myself. Love how much country influence there is in that record.
tungsten
Sea Post King

So excited for the album, underwhelmed by the photography so far . . . Usually I'm blown away by Chris Phelps work but as a photographer the sofa photo has a lot wrong with it, most noticeably that Stacy looks incredibly uncomfortable. The Valley had a lot of strong photos to go with it, hoping there is more to come for Currents.
olimario
Laughing Citizen

Yeah, the couch photo could have benefitted from a brighter bounce flash.
Not impressed with the processing on it, either.
tungsten
Sea Post King

I was referring more to the composition than the technical stuff. As an image, it's not well composed. Garron looks like he's midget sized because of his placement furthest away from the camera (in addition to being in a corner). Stacy looks like she's been pushed up uncomfortably again the sofa and is trying to keep her legs from falling off. The mirror in the background is reflecting a Christmas tree. There are family pictures on a piece of furniture (competing images within an image). The front door is visible (this should have been cut out of the frame). Overall, it's just not a strong dramatic image.
ks1990
Lost at Forum

I didn't want to say anything, but I agree. The composition is...off. If those pictures are featured in the album booklet or whatever, it would feel out of place. Doesn't really go well with the cover art, either. Unlike the The Valley photo shoot which was great.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>