Laughing City
nemo1
Sea Post King

they're skipping a huge chunk of the Midwest. no Chicago or Milwaukee shows this time around, so no Eisley shows for me this part of the tour---Sad
Then again, they're a support act; would rather see them headlining to get the full show...

EQUAL VISION RECORDS ANNOUNCES
SAY ANYTHING RARITIES AND MORE TOUR
FEATURING SPECIAL GUESTS:
EISLEY, HRVRD,
I THE MIGHTY AND NORTHERN FACES

Equal Vision Records is proud to announce the Say Anything Rarities and More Tour.

Say Anything will headline the six week tour, with support from Eisley, HRVRD, Northern Faces ( June 6 - June 22) and I the Mighty (June 23 - July 12). The lineup, which exclusively features Equal Vision Records’ artists, will kick off the tour on June 6 in Dallas, TX.

Say Anything released their highly anticipated, three-disc collection of remastered B-sides and rarities: All My Friends Are Enemies: Early Rarities, earlier this year on January 22. Before there was …Is A Real Boy, In Defense of the Genre, Say Anything, and their latest full-length album - Anarchy, My Dear, there was Baseball, Menorah/Majora, and Junior Varsity. These early recordings were the start of Say Anything’s prolific, decade-plus long career, during which they’ve toured the world and sold nearly 500,000 albums.

The upcoming summer tour will showcase many of the rarities songs, including some that have never been performed live before, as well as select fan favorites off of each of the band’s studio releases.

Eisley will perform as direct support to Say Anything and will be touring in support of Currents, their forthcoming full-length album that will be out May 28. The album was self-recorded and self-produced in their home studio in Tyler, TX - the band’s first time recording completely independently - and sees Eisley’s signature tapestry of rich harmonies, delicately woven over the band’s most intricate instrumentations yet. Currents is the band’s follow-up to their Equal Vision debut The Valley, released in 2011 and a five track EP, Deep Space, released in 2012.

HRVRD, fresh off of the release of their sophomore full-length album From The Bird’s Cage, will precede Eisley on the tour. The band has received rave reviews of their new album, impressively performed four times in two days at SXSW 2013, and has toured nearly non-stop in the past year, sharing stages with the likes of The Dear Hunter, Fun., Russian Circles, letlive. and more, along the way.

Splitting the opening slot on the tour will be Equal Vision newcomers Northern Faces, who just released their debut EP Southern Places on March 5, and San Francisco’s I the Mighty who is set to release a new full-length record this summer. Northern Faces will perform on the first half of the tour from June 6 to June 22, and I the Mighty will perform from June 23 to July 12. Tickets will go on sale to the public on Thursday, April 11 at 12PM local time. Ducat King presale tickets are available today (12PM local time) at sayanything.ducatking.com. Tour dates can be found below.
Say Anything Rarities and More Tour
w/Eisley, HRVRD, Northern Faces (June 6 - June 22), I the Mighty (June 23 - July 12)
Jun 06 Dallas, TX @ The Door
Jun 07 Austin, TX @ Emo’s East
Jun 08 Houston, TX @ Fitzgerald’s
Jun 09 New Orleans, LA @ Tipitina’s
Jun 11 St Petersburg, FL @ The State Theatre
Jun 12 Orlando, FL @ House of Blues
Jun 13 Atlanta, GA @ Masquerade
Jun 14 Carrboro, NC @ Cat’s Cradle
Jun 15 Norfolk, VA @ The NorVa
Jun 16 Baltimore, MD @ Ram’s Head Live
Jun 18 Rochester, NY @ Water Street Music Hall
Jun 19 New Haven, CT @ Toad’s Place
Jun 20 New York, NY @ Irving Plaza
Jun 21 New York, NY @ Irving Plaza
Jun 22 Philadelphia, PA @ Theatre of Living Arts
Jun 23 Boston, MA @ Paradise Rock Club
Jun 25 Pittsburgh, PA @ Stage AE
Jun 26 Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues
Jun 27 Detroit, MI @ St Andrew’s Hall
Jun 28 Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
Jun 29 Sauget, IL @ Pop’s
Jul 01 Denver, CO @ The Summit Music Hall
Jul 02 Salt Lake City, UT @ In the Venue - Club Sound
Jul 05 Seattle, WA @ Showbox at The Market
Jul 06 Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theatre
Jul 07 San Francisco, CA @ Regency Ballroom
Jul 09 Las Vegas, NV @ House of Blues
Jul 10 Tempe, AZ @ The Marquee
Jul 11 San Diego, CA @ House of Blues
Jul 12 Los Angeles, CA @ House of Blues*

*also featuring XO
MacRVA
Sea Post King

I think my friend and I are gonna rent a car and see the four dates between Atlanta and Baltimore. 1,500 miles total for the trip. Hopefully I can get the time off of work to do it. Might also go up for the Pittsburgh date too.
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

yeah im not a big say anything fan, and have made it a thing were I will only spend the money/time/gas to go see them if they headline.

I am sure they will hit the midwest on their album supporting tour.

Last year they stopped in Davenport IA which was way closer than the other 4 times I had to go to Chicago to see them.

I am hoping they do that again!

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Sauget I'LL is just North of East St. Louis. It's where I first saw Eisley live 4 days shy of 5 years ago, just shy of 5 years after hearing them for the 1st time on Fuse or M2, I forgets.

It insoired my all-time favorite Sherri quote, "I could tell by the truck stops & strip clubs that we were gonna have a great show!"

Needless to say Pop's leans towards a younger, louder demographic booking wise for the most part.

It's also the only venue I've been at where the bands had to compete with the Cardnia;'s winning the world series during their sets. Hearing applause during & after a song, then realizing it was for play that just happened shown on the big screens over the bar didn't go over too well.

it's a good fit for Say Anything, and the college station broadcasting out of Godfrey spin A good amount of Say Anything (not sure I've ever heard Eisley on STL radio, though I Know in 03 the music editor of our local a & e mag played em' twice on her show on there.)

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:

I believe this is their album supporting tour.

freakinalex
Lost at Forum

Already ordered my tickets for the Houston show! Very Happy
boone
Vintage Newbie

They don't always make it to Oregon, so I make sure to go whenever I can. I'll be there, I just have to figure out who's going with me.
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

JBaker wrote:
mr pine wrote:

why wouldnt they headline for that?

I am saying usually they come back around headlining.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

JBaker
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:
JBaker wrote:
mr pine wrote:

why wouldnt they headline for that?

I am saying usually they come back around headlining.

Because Say Anything has a bigger following, so they'll get their new music in front of more people than if they headlined. I'm just going off the press release:

Quote:
Eisley will perform as direct support to Say Anything and will be touring in support of Currents, their forthcoming full-length album that will be out May 28.

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up on some headlining tour later in the year, but you also have to remember that there are 4 new parents in the band, who likely don't wanna be doing a whole lot of traveling right now.

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

understood. if thats the case, i will have to skip this go around.

wilsmith wrote:

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Via Twitter

@eisley wrote:
Absolutely “@l0lr3n: @SDuPreeBemis @eisley Any idea if you guys will do a headlining tour later this year?! 🙏💖”

I can almost guaranty they will hit Chitown on their Headline tour if it takes them through the Midwest. That's a payday for any band with a following of any sort on the national level for sake of the Population density, the universities in the surrounding areas etc. Fear not.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
MacRVA
Sea Post King

I really hope they play another headlining tour this year. That would be fantastic. I'll be seeing them at least three or four dates on this tour, I'd love to see them again headlining.
boone
Vintage Newbie

I love the energy their shows have when they open for somebody. They're really going all out. But the shows they headline are a lot more intimate, which is pretty amazing. So there's something really worth seeing about both.
nemo1
Sea Post King

I never thought about the fact that as a support act, you might be trying to win over people unfamiliar with your music so you give a better show than if you were already playing to the converted... I know as a concertgoer I think of the opening acts as requisite nuisances, unless they're the real reason I was at the show, in which case I usually feel cheated because I didn't get to see them play their full show.. I never want to hear a supporting band I never heard of play more than 35 or 40 minutes.

Makes me wonder what the Duprees' take is on how they approach performing between headlining or not. might be worth someone asking them that sometime. I've only ever seen them headlining- wouldn't want it any other way. But also, as they are supporting but also probably playing the newer material from Currents, not as likely in that reduced window of show time to hear them playing some of their more (beloved) oldies...
boone
Vintage Newbie

I'm sure that most of it is unconscious, but there is a hunger there since, even if you're kind of an established band, you're still trying to win a big chunk of new people over. And most people have kind of an automatic animosity to opening bands that you need to make them overlook.

Plus, the openers usually get to watch the headlining performance, but not the other way around, so the intensity of a big band that has their showmanship down and knows what they want tends to rub off on the openers after a few shows. It gives them a high mark to rise to.

goto page
 | next >>