<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
sully_51
Golly, Poster

norad wrote:
sully_51 wrote:
Preorder is up now! There's a pretty rockin' bundle available. Smile

http://merchnow.com/search/?q=eisley

Yeaa! It's a lot but I don't mind because I love Eisley. Very Happy (Although, seriously merchnow are kind of dicks about shipping. Rolling Eyes)

Yeah... I remember there being some issues last time with really high prices on shipping for some people.

kulvir
Laughing Citizen

norad wrote:
sully_51 wrote:
Preorder is up now! There's a pretty rockin' bundle available. Smile

http://merchnow.com/search/?q=eisley

Yeaa! It's a lot but I don't mind because I love Eisley. Very Happy (Although, seriously merchnow are kind of dicks about shipping. Rolling Eyes)
They charged me $18 for shipping which isn't unexpected for shipping to Canada. For any other band, I would only buy the album digitally and try to find the vinyl in my local shop to avoid shipping costs. Unless the Pixies released something.
freakinalex
Lost at Forum

May have to stick to just the CD and promo poster. Would love to get the full bundle, but I just don't have that kind of money.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Last time I hit up Best Buy and got it the Day of. This time I just payed the 14.58 total to have it shipped. Seeing that Amazon is 2.98 for a single cd and I'm not gonna volume buy for free super saver, which has lately meant getting the cd a week after the last item on your order is released, the 1.60 upcharge from Merchnow ain't so bad.

I think everybody got their stuff A:OK last time, but whoever (as in the Online Vendor that) did Sucre's stuff, got bought out and they screwed the pooch six ways to sunday on the special packages and Vinyl orders if memory serves me correctly.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Last edited by wilsmith on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

I think The Valley was $7.99 opening week at Best Buy.
That's no promise that it would be again. I would think it would be at least $9.99.

freakinalex
Lost at Forum

I do recall my preorder of The Valley not coming in until 3-4 days after release, so that was kind of a bummer. I'm contemplating just getting the album digitally off Amazon so I can get it at 12:01 the day of, then buying a physical copy on the tour if I can afford it.
boone
Vintage Newbie

There was a big clustercuss with the shipping for the last album, where the "cheap" option (ha) ended up taking, like, over a week. I had to change my preorder when they released the unsigned posters, and they ended up making me cancel and reorder, which got my preorder out late, so I ended up having to wait almost two weeks past release for my order.

With 3 day shipping, that means that preorders should arrive 4 days early at best. Hopefully it will be a better story this time.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

correction, shipping was not A:OK with the Valley. Man my memory sucks. Explains why I bought it at the store.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
boone
Vintage Newbie

I remember there being issues with the Surcé preorder, too, but I can't remember what they were. I don't think it ended up effecting me too bad, but I was a little more understanding since it was a small self-release. And the bundle was pretty gorgeous so the whole issue just slipped my mind.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I remember all too well. People ordered the special package specifically because initially it was the only way to get the vinyl. Later they made single vinyl orders available. Ultimately they didn't ship out the orders that included vinyl so people who wanted to at least get their cds were left waiting and due to the delays with the distributors Vinyl took up to a month? later to ship out. And I believe a lot of people didn't get download codes.

boone
Vintage Newbie

Thaaat's right. There were some hangups with the manufacture of the records, I believe.
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

boone wrote:
Thaaat's right. There were some hangups with the manufacture of the records, I believe.

This is why I'm not pre-ordering anything. I'll get it on iTunes when it comes out (or go the streaming route) until I can make it to Target or Best Buy for a physical copy. Not worth the shipping stress or cost to me.

http://inconnumag.com
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

i was one effected by the sucre pre order. and it was a pain to get my order cancelled.

but that wasnt merch now. it was someplace else. which sucked.

i just did my pre order.
cd, vinyl, poster.

i downloaded my song right now

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Oh yeah, it was Topspin Media, who actually did a bang up job for Lovedrug before hey got bought out. Who knows what their situation is like now. It basically sounded like they were being folded in to one of the huge vendors that most brick and mortar shops have to order from, cause they were saying the perks were all these huge catalogs of artists would be available as part of their deal, and their own inventory would be available as well.

MacRVA
Sea Post King

Just preordered the CD. Bundle was too much for stuff I don't really want. If there had been a CD/shirt bundle I woulda got that.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>