Laughing City
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^That's all good and well, but I don't think Eisley is as subject to that with their repertoire at this point. When I saw them last summer the set let them go all out more so than the other two times (April 2008, May or June I forget which, 2011) with the songs from the Valley and Deep Space in tow. They were tight and Weston & Garron's little jams between songs now and then/ intros were pretty epic. The Valley started off like it was going to be a Interpol song, and it was Awesome Cool . In STL I don't think sang along like in that clip, so I didn't even recognize the song. I was just like Shocked HOLY MOLEY, WHAT IT THIS?!>?!>?

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

I'm thinking about going to the STL show even though they're only openers. I may wait until the headlining tour, but I'm not sure. I'm curious to see what transitions and intros they add in for that headlining tour. They always do really fun stuff. It's the main reason I love to see them live. They really go all out which is fun for the audience, but you can tell they have a lot of fun doing it, too.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

The upside of the STL show is it's a Saturday, but the downside is it's not a headline show, which means there's a chance that the 10 or so songs they play are going to be light on a bunch of stuff. How many will be off Currents?

Say Anything's is touring a b-side compilation, so sets are going to be interesting. My favorite thing about seeing Eisley as a headline has been nice long sets where they can play "the best of set" and a healthy does of the latest material. Hearing as much new material as possible is my chief factor in going to see a band I've seen live before, so long as that material is to my liking. Eisley has yet to disappoint me in that regard.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
freakinalex
Lost at Forum

I'm hoping the Say Anything set will contain a few songs like Cemetery or So Good, since Sherri will be there to sing on them. I think they typically throw in at least one song with Sherri whenever she's on tour with them, so it feels like a given that they'll throw in one of those songs, but you never know.
MacRVA
Sea Post King

I honestly love when Eisley is supporting instead of headlining, other than the shorter set of course. It's nice to see them play to a bigger crowd, plus they're more likely to come out after their set and chat when they're not headlining which is always nice.

I got my days off approved from work so I'm doing at least four dates on this tour. Will any LC people be at the Atlanta through Baltimore dates?
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

[quote="MacRVA"]I honestly love when Eisley is supporting instead of headlining, other than the shorter set of course. It's nice to see them play to a bigger crowd, plus they're more likely to come out after their set and chat when they're not headlining which is always nice.

I'm inclined to agree! Boyd even wrote once that when you're headlining you're more likely thinking about grabbing a quick shower and loading up the bus after the show, because it's getting late, than about chatting with fans! It's a matter of logistics!

MacRVA
Sea Post King

mikep0922 wrote:
I'm inclined to agree! Boyd even wrote once that when you're headlining you're more likely thinking about grabbing a quick shower and loading up the bus after the show, because it's getting late, than about chatting with fans! It's a matter of logistics!

Yeah! I mean, I've been on tour before so I know the feeling of wanting to get some rest after a show so I don't begrudge them that at all, but it is nice being able to say hello after the show and tell them how much you're enjoying the new music. Being able to actually talk to the musicians you like is what's great about loving bands like Eisley as opposed to stadium acts like Metallica or whatever. Not that I don't love Metallica, just, I'll never like hang out with James Hetfield. Probably. Although I think we'd get along.
Mylovelyislostatsea
Sea Post King

I'm assuming someone here attended the Eisley/Say Anything tour a few years ago. Can anyone tell me what the crowd was like? I saw SA last year and had a panic attack when the crowd started pushing and shoving, which I've never experienced at an Eisley show.
freakinalex
Lost at Forum

Mylovelyislostatsea wrote:
I'm assuming someone here attended the Eisley/Say Anything tour a few years ago. Can anyone tell me what the crowd was like? I saw SA last year and had a panic attack when the crowd started pushing and shoving, which I've never experienced at an Eisley show.

The crowd was pretty calm while Eisley played. It got a bit crazier when SA came up. At the very least, after Eisley, you could move toward the back. They tend to go to the merch booth when they open, so you might want to leave the crowd for that anyway.

MacRVA
Sea Post King

freakinalex wrote:
Mylovelyislostatsea wrote:

The crowd was pretty calm while Eisley played. It got a bit crazier when SA came up. At the very least, after Eisley, you could move toward the back. They tend to go to the merch booth when they open, so you might want to leave the crowd for that anyway.

That was my experience also. No moshing for Eisley haha. Not that a song or two on The Valley doesn't make me wanna stage dive. The first time I heard "Sad" I wanted to do a flip off the monitors.
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

Well... the Houston show is sold out. Sad I'm not have a car now... so I can't drive to say Austin or something like that. Well, Eisley, I love yall and I'm sorry there isn't a ticket to buy... I will get Currents. When does it come out? Ah, there was a thread about that I think. I've never been to Fitzgeralds... hope it is a great show time for yall! Very Happy Hope yalls little kids survive and enjoy their new on-the-tour lives. Smile
freakinalex
Lost at Forum

Wow. Houston really sold out? I didn't think Say Anything was that popular there, and I know Eisley doesn't typically sell out shows in Houston. Good thing I didn't wait.

<< prev | goto page