Laughing City
treetops12
Vintage Newbie

Jared x wrote:

"Transatlanticism" by Death Cab for Cutie

YES. They could do so much with that song. I'm imagining the harmonies right now.

Jared x
Lost at Forum

treetops12 wrote:
Jared x wrote:

"Transatlanticism" by Death Cab for Cutie

YES. They could do so much with that song. I'm imagining the harmonies right now.

That's actually why I listed some of the others too. There are parts in each (except maybe "Fast Car," which is just my favorite song) where the harmonies would be magical, for lack of a better word.

I mean, even if the girls did a straight copy of Glee's rendition of "Shake It Out," I'm sure I'd be 100% content. It's a good arrangement, and sung by people I actually like listening to...

marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

treetops12 wrote:
I really want to know what the unreleased/demos are. If Lady of the Wood, Mr. Pine, Silver Bugs and Queen of Leaves are possibilities, I would be willing to spend a large sum of money to hear them... as I'm sure others would. It would probably help their cause even more if they revealed the names of some of the songs... at least the ones we've heard of. I'll most likely pledge $60 even though I can't afford to, just in the hopes of hearing some Room Noises B-sides.

I hope it's not just The Baby because I already have that.

I asked on Twitter whether we'd be getting "Lady of the Wood" and they said, "Very likely on that one." Sooooo I'm going for the Demo/EP bundle.

Dream covers:

"Birthday" by the Sugarcubes
"Ruby Over Diamond" by Kashmir
"Broken Harp" by PJ Harvey
"Leave Me Alone" by New Order
"High and Dry" by Radiohead

And I'd love to see them do something like the Talking Heads "Once in a Lifetime." Or to see their take on a more popular current song, like "Somebody That I Used to Know" or "Born to Die."

http://inconnumag.com
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

Also, "Thirteen" by Big Star. UGH. That might be worth the $1000 I don't have.

Jared x
Lost at Forum

I've been looking at Max's Song Shop and thinking about Eisley's Kickstarter. I do wonder if the $1000 for a cover is too steep of a price. I mean, for $207 I could get an original composition on a theme of my choosing by Max that features Sherri.

I wonder how many people would shell out, say, $250 or $300 instead for a cover by Eisley. I might consider it if that were the case.

marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

Jared x wrote:
I've been looking at Max's Song Shop and thinking about Eisley's Kickstarter. I do wonder if the $1000 for a cover is too steep of a price. I mean, for $207 I could get an original composition on a theme of my choosing by Max that features Sherri.

I wonder how many people would shell out, say, $250 or $300 instead for a cover by Eisley. I might consider it if that were the case.

They should have done $350 for a cover with a limited number of covers available. Like 20.

pzy
Wookie Luke

It's always seemed to me like they don't particularly enjoy doing covers. Maybe an Eisley cover is a rare, sacred thing Wink

That said, I hope someone picks an OK Computer song.

treetops12
Vintage Newbie

marshkingsdaughter wrote:
treetops12 wrote:
I really want to know what the unreleased/demos are. If Lady of the Wood, Mr. Pine, Silver Bugs and Queen of Leaves are possibilities, I would be willing to spend a large sum of money to hear them... as I'm sure others would. It would probably help their cause even more if they revealed the names of some of the songs... at least the ones we've heard of. I'll most likely pledge $60 even though I can't afford to, just in the hopes of hearing some Room Noises B-sides.

I asked on Twitter whether we'd be getting "Lady of the Wood" and they said, "Very likely on that one."

Well that settles it. Very Happy

I'd want them to cover something completely out of their element, like when Sherri covered Kanye West. Off the top of my head, Moves Like Jagger would be hilarious.

The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

treetops12 wrote:
marshkingsdaughter wrote:
treetops12 wrote:

I asked on Twitter whether we'd be getting "Lady of the Wood" and they said, "Very likely on that one."

Well that settles it. Very Happy

mmmm, sounds delicious. i wonder if it's the organ cassette demos though. regardless, i'll take that over nothing.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
eiswood09
Sea Post King

Lol Laughing on twitter, someone asked if they'll cover "gangnam style"if they shelved out $1000. Eisley replied, they'd do it. That should be interesting..
Lost at Forum

I was thinking it'd be interesting to get them to cover a rap song. I mean, Sherri's cover of Heartless was pretty awesome, and there's some good non-rap covers of rap songs out there. Baby Got Back would be a pretty funny one.

At this point I think we should just start a new thread of songs we'd like to see Eisley cover if we had $1000. Razz

MacRVA
Sea Post King

freakinalex wrote:
Baby Got Back would be a pretty funny one.

Worst song in the history of hip hop. I would be so sad if that happened Sad
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I have no imagination when it comes to covers. The best I could initially do was Fleetwood Mac Dreams but there are already 2 two cover albums of that. I wouldn't want something too popular, more something they could really shine on without trying too hard to emulate or make their own. I would love for it to be a song where every member had to play a prominent part, instrumentally as well as vocally.

As far as pricing, they maybe could have done tiers, charging lower for a solo cover by sherri, stacy or chauntelle, more for a full band cover.

Demos wise, if they were gonna release rehearsal recordings or full band demos of all those songs most can only find Live versions of like Silver Bugs, Lady of the Wood, Cobalt, Queen of Leaves etc is more exciting to me then album track demos cause i have never really been. One for having to juggle versions, with tthe exception being. Ryan Adams. His alternate versions on Follow the Lights are stellar.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

I think a cover of a Carpenters song would be magical. I can only imagine what Stacy could do with that cause she has such a great tone. Stacy, musically, reminds me of Karen Carpenter, at times. Just not as troubled.

"Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley would be hysterical.

I would actually like to hear their take on an 80's song. That could be fun. I wish I had the money. Maybe the LC should just raise the money together, all settle on a song and then have one person put in the pledge. That would be sweet. We could all just transfer the money to an account specifically set up for it... Ehhh?

I thought about doing something similar with the house show. Getting friends in the area (and myself) to finance it. If only, if only.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

wilsmith wrote:

Demos wise, if they were gonna release rehearsal recordings or full band demos of all those songs most can only find Live versions of like Silver Bugs, Lady of the Wood, Cobalt, Queen of Leaves etc is more exciting to me then album track demos cause i have never really been. One for having to juggle versions, with tthe exception being. Ryan Adams. His alternate versions on Follow the Lights are stellar.

Doubt it'll be album track demos. Let's not forget, WB probably owns them.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>