Laughing City
norad
Vintage Newbie

It's a shame this doesn't look like it'll work out. Still hope it will. Cool
tungsten
Sea Post King

wishing they had set it at $50,000 . . . I think they could make that.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Have there been any instances where one failed, and then they put up the same thing at a lower amount and made it?
drinkthewater
Sea Post King

I'm not sure about that. But, it does say that you can try again with pretty much the same idea if you want to. The question is would they try again? I really want the stuff I pledged for :'(
Jared x
Lost at Forum

I wonder if it wouldn't be a better idea to put a bunch of these items in their online store and just sell them.
tungsten
Sea Post King

Just thought of a reward I wish they'd posted . . . SHEET MUSIC!!!
mandy
Sea Post King

I wish they would post Garron's reply as an update to answer questions some fans had or to put it in the FAQ area because it was a pretty good response. Mostly I think it should be an update though because they seem to have a pretty direct relationship between updates and the amount of money people pledge. I just don't think a lot of people are going to read the comments section when they are trying to decide whether they want to do anything or not.

eta: sheet music would be rad

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Wow, they got 4 $1,000 cover pledges now.

I e-mailed asking about the EP/past demos a few days ago. Response was fast. Kickstarter Ep is 3-4 Studio recordings. The Past Demos consist of 15-20 home demos and they didnt have any kind of tracklisting. I don't really understand why the Past Demos are that much more, and that it would be another $10 to add the EP. So I am still on the fence.

The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

bigideas wrote:
Wow, they got 4 $1,000 cover pledges now.

I e-mailed asking about the EP/past demos a few days ago. Response was fast. Kickstarter Ep is 3-4 Studio recordings. The Past Demos consist of 15-20 home demos and they didnt have any kind of tracklisting. I don't really understand why the Past Demos are that much more, and that it would be another $10 to add the EP. So I am still on the fence.

ahhh i was hoping there'd be more demos =/

edit-

then again maybe there's studio demos? like i think will mentioned before.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
mandy
Sea Post King

I'm a little disappointed about the demos too. I wonder what songs they will end up picking and what the basis for picking them would be.
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

mandy wrote:
I'm a little disappointed about the demos too. I wonder what songs they will end up picking and what the basis for picking them would be.

same. i was under the impression there'd be around 50-60 demos. roughly ten songs per album and then some of the outtake demos that didn't make it past the drawing board either because it didn't fit the album, they just decided to axe it, or their producer didn't want it.

The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

So I messages and they said 15-20 as well. I wanna request that they include more but I don't know how to do that without sounding like a jerk.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I just want to put this out there:

It might be better for fans to treat this like the special T-Shirts that were done when Mrs. Dupree fell ill a in 2011, and they were under the threat of foreclosure. They are pitching items as gifts, but this is different that a kickstarter to fund a record, like a preorder. They are essentially asking for donations. This is a true "Pledge-Drive" a' la PBS. The real reward is seeing Eisley successfully enhance the quality of their tours, for themselves and their family, and for the fans via enhanced production values and a wider span of locations internationally etc.

You are being asked to Give money and being rewarded with a gift from the band. You aren't actually buying the stuff outright. The pricing is actually pretty consistent with your typical PBS pledge-drive where you get a coffee mug and and sticker for $50.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
drinkthewater
Sea Post King

If it starts to get close and I can scrounge up the money I will probably bump up to the 1k. With it including all the lower rewards (including the guest list thing), I think it's a good deal.

15-20 demos sounds like it's going to be just the already leaked stuff from a few years ago... I really hope there's stuff we haven't heard already.

I still wish I could get some Houston fans to go in with me on the private show though.
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

drinkthewater wrote:

15-20 demos sounds like it's going to be just the already leaked stuff from a few years ago... I really hope there's stuff we haven't heard already.

that's what i'm afraid of =/

i remember them promising a lot. though, will does bring up good points

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>