Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
drinkthewater
Sea Post King

Has anyone gotten their ship email yet? Please post when/if you do Razz
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

The lack of stream so far isn't really surprising given that album press and promo has been laughably low. I'm thinking HelloGiggles or Paste will be the first to supply. There *are* some longer (1:00-1:30) samples floating around various mp3 marketplaces, though.
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Yes, hopefully if the physical item doesn't come early, the download file will come on time...Reading the merchant reviews was interesting, though!

Though, which marketplace has longer than 30 second previews? I know the iTunes one isn't up yet...
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

7digital

blue fish sounds awesome

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Thank you, The Man!

I had to click that one, and I agree, it sounds awesome! Not what I expected at all....

I'm going to try to not spoil myself, but I was curious about a few songs.
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

Mystic210 wrote:

I'm going to try to not spoil myself, but I was curious about a few songs.

oh, i really shouldn't've listened to all the previews, but honestly i think this is gonna be my favorite album by them

princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

Yep, 7digital and another I can't remember. Late on that reply. Laughing
I've still got the same favorites but am worried that Shelter is going to break me. The only thing that changed is I like Blue Fish less. It's definitely going to be an album of varied opinions...
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

princesstripandfall wrote:
I've still got the same favorites but am worried that Shelter is going to break me. The only thing that changed is I like Blue Fish less. It's definitely going to be an album of varied opinions...

i think i'm just going to quit writing music... i don't think there's anyway i can ever write anything this beautiful...

also, save my soul is a lot better here too. i like the neutral milk hotel reference in it.

princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

The Man In The Moon wrote:
princesstripandfall wrote:

i think i'm just going to quit writing music... i don't think there's anyway i can ever write anything this beautiful...

also, save my soul is a lot better here too. i like the neutral milk hotel reference in it.

I wouldn't say I love Save My Soul, but the bridge has moved it from stoplight karaoke territory so that's nice. Also, I got giggly this morning at "That's okay, because I love you all, I love you the most" in The Night Comes and I'm not sure if laughter was the lyrical intent. Don't know what to make of some of this yet.
oathmeal
Sea Post King

These samples made me like quite a few of the songs more. I wasn't super pumped for Save My Soul but I thought that this sample was a lot better. I was already really excited about Shelter but this new part is pushing my excitement beyond what it already was.
drinkthewater
Sea Post King

Those new longer clips make me so much more excited! I think this might end up being my favorite Eisley album.

Shelter is sooo pretty.
mandy
Sea Post King

After listening to the longer samples I'm really glad that I did listen because I think it will help me process the full songs easier getting them in little spurts like this. I almost feel like it would have been too much to handle all at once when it came. I made the mistake of not really listening to the streaming of the Sucre album before it came and I had that problem with some of the songs. So yeah it seems my weakness turned into a good decision Laughing .
mandy
Sea Post King

Save My Soul sounds really interesting as does Blue Fish. I wish I could like Shelter because I think it sounds super pretty, but something about it was really triggering for me and I had to turn it off before I started to panic. Razz

The only one that I'm probably not big on the sound of (for reasons besides panic) is Find Me Here, but even that sounds good.

drinkthewater
Sea Post King

Boyd posted a photo on IG of the signed booklets and was talking about Fedexing them back today. So I would say shipping is at least 2 days off on those bundles. Thank goodness for the digitals lol.
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Well as of 9:05 tonight, my order status says "Shipped"!

Maybe some music by this weekend??!! Makes me wish I had gotten a CD so that it would be immediately portable!

Eitherway, I failed at NOT spoiling myself with all but one or two songs. That's okay, I am digging them all. This album may be the one with the least skips...dare I say a favorite? Each song has character that makes it interesting.

Lyrically, it seems it might be the most relate-able with basic life emotions---Not just all breakup/divorce/love for a particular person/story-book songs. I'm excited to read the lyrics for this one.

Even with one minute clips, they usually fit so much movement into a song, you can't form an opinion until you hear the whole thing more than once. Early opinion says this will be great!

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>