Laughing City
kulvir
Laughing Citizen

I am hoping to make it to Seattle but I have some logistics to work out.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

princesstripandfall wrote:
someone posted this setlist:

Currents
Invasion
Better Love
Sad
Save My Soul
Mr. Moon
Golly Sandra
Deep Space
ICBT4U (w/intro)
Laugh It Off
Many Funerals
Drink The Water

I was thinking of going tonight to hear new material live buuut I'll wait for the headlining tour.

Starts off like I would expect an Eisley "rock" setlist to go, with some glaring omissions ( Marvelous Things, The Valley & obviously Smarter, come on now! ) & dubious. inclusions (I never took to Invasion compared to other tunes, and as good as it is Golly Sandra is a sore thumb in the middle)

Laugh It Off & Drink the Water are Must Haves, regardless of how rawk a rock show it is. I seriously would love for them to add HATS or OTM to add some umph to the set. Treetops has such a soaring chorus... those old gems are hard to go without.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

wilsmith wrote:

Currents
Invasion
Better Love
Sad
Save My Soul
Mr. Moon
Golly Sandra
Deep Space
ICBT4U (w/intro)
Laugh It Off
Many Funerals
Drink The Water

I was thinking of going tonight to hear new material live buuut I'll wait for the headlining tour.

Starts off like I would expect an Eisley "rock" setlist to go, with some glaring omissions ( Marvelous Things, The Valley & obviously Smarter, come on now! ) & dubious. inclusions (I never took to Invasion compared to other tunes, and as good as it is Golly Sandra is a sore thumb in the middle)

Laugh It Off & Drink the Water are Must Haves, regardless of how rawk a rock show it is. I seriously would love for them to add HATS or OTM to add some umph to the set. Treetops has such a soaring chorus... those old gems are hard to go without.

Hm, head against the sky and/or over the mountains would follow mr. Moon perfectly

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
MacRVA
Sea Post King

The Man In The Moon wrote:
wilsmith wrote:

Currents
Invasion
Better Love
Sad
Save My Soul
Mr. Moon
Golly Sandra
Deep Space
ICBT4U (w/intro)
Laugh It Off
Many Funerals
Drink The Water

Hm, head against the sky and/or over the mountains would follow mr. Moon perfectly

Ugh! Spoiler alert plz! Haha. I saw the setlist and tried to scroll past it really fast but it kept getting quoted in later posts so I had no choice but to read it. But I'm really happy. This setlist is almost my perfect Eisley set.
tungsten
Sea Post King

A current, ideal set list for me would include the following:

Marvelous Things
Golly Sandra
One Day I Slowly Floated Away

Invasion
Many Funerals
Go Away
Come Clean
ICBT4U

Smarter
Watch it Die
Oxygen Mask
I Wish
Ambulance

Lights Out
Laugh it Off

Blue Fish
Drink the Water
Save My Soul
Wicked Child
Millstone
Lost Enemies
Shelter

also: Sea King / Lady of the Wood / They All Surrounded Me.

and, yeah, that would be a long set list.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

*Realizes Blue Fish is not on set list*

Shocked
Confused
Mad
Evil or Very Mad
*breath, breath*
Sad
Crying or Very sad

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

wilsmith wrote:
*Realizes Blue Fish is not on set list*

Shocked
Confused
Mad
Evil or Very Mad
*breath, breath*
Sad
Crying or Very sad

Also first set list I've seen without marvelous things.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
tungsten
Sea Post King

guess they're still pushing Deep Space EP a little bit . . . surprised that more Currents songs didn't take up those spots. Laugh it Off is soooo good live though, that should become a staple.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Well, the Deep Space songs have only been in the set list rotation for a year, which is a pretty short time for a touring band.

I'm hoping on the headline tour they'll celebrate the LP release and the 10th anniversary of Laughing City and Marvelous Things by adding plenty of songs from those EPs.

Maybe they'll even play Telescope Eyes the way they did on Laughing City?

We sort of missed its birthday even, 5/20/2003. Heck, Eisley almost released Currents 10 years to the day. Off by a week and a day...

Also, a fun setlist would be Currents in its entirety plus Sea King as a first song & Lost At as the closer.

freakinalex
Lost at Forum

That setlist is pretty much what they played in Houston tonight, except they skipped Better Love and I Could Be There For You, which was pretty disappointing. Maybe they had to cut their set a bit shorter after the first couple of nights. Say Anything didn't finish until around midnight tonight.

Tonight's show was pretty amazing though. Fitzgerald's is kind of a crappy place though. Their audio mixing was pretty bad and it was poorly lit.

For anyone concerned about timing, the first band went up at 8, the second about 8:40, then Eisley around 9:30 and Say Anything a little after 10:30.

Kind of surprising that there's only 3 songs from Currents in the setlist. Guess they're saving most of it for when they can do a headlining tour?

Also, during the Eisley set, during some of the between song banter, Sherri talked about how she turned Max into a Texan. I tweeted about it and she retweeted it. So that was pretty cool.

Hrvrd is also a really odd band. They're good. But they're odd.

Oh, and I think someone asked if they were selling the Eisley/SA split vinyl earlier in the thread. They had it there for $10. And it's available at both the Eisley and the Say Anything merch booths. They also had Chauntelle's new EP, though I didn't pick up a copy since t-shirts were a bit more than I expected ($20 as opposed to the $15 I was thinking. Don't they usually sell the shirts for $15? Am I just imagining that?). But the EP was $5. Also, for those who like Sherri's artwork, the SA booth had a copy of Polarity #1 with exclusive Sherri art on the cover for $8. It's pretty cool. I haven't read it yet. My only gripe is that I'm used to getting my comics with bag and board, and they didn't provide that, so the corners were a bit messed up.

Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Oh no, they took off ICBTFY and Better Love? I have to admit, it's not my favorite set list of theirs (even for "rock" songs, they have better ones that aren't on there IMO), but those are the ones I really like that *were* on there...

Oh well, I'm still excited. So don't ask me why, but I thought they were early in the line up.

Eisley comes on right before the headliner then?
Last edited by Mystic210 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^ That's been the drill on every SA/ Eisley tour. The other acts are support, usually label mates in most cases, that are up and comers.

Eisley is legit 2nd billing on this tour, the other two don't come close to their profile/ following.

Also, Better Love and ICBTFY being bumped along with Marvelous Things, goodness gracious... also, that mean 0 Chauntelle solo vocals Crying or Very sad

tungsten
Sea Post King

I think my difficult decision to save my money for a headlining show was a good one, now, in retrospect. Though I would have loved to get my hands on Chauntelle's new EP.
keithabbott
Sea Post King

I'll likely too wait until the headling tour. I want to go, but it's too much trouble for a short playlist.

The downside is it might be another year before we get to see them headline. Sad

Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

Really wish they were playing Wicked Child 'cause that's my jam off Currents, BUT I'm pretty happy with any setlist, really, 'cause I haven't seen 'em since 2011! It's crazy to think how much has happened since then!