Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
tungsten
Sea Post King

I think it must be a mutual decision between Stacy and Sherri. They must know what sounds best (to them at least). Even if Sherri doesn't sing Stacy's back ups on the records she ends up doing it live anyway (Oxygen Mask live as opposed to Oxygen Mask on the Valley). I'm sure a lot of it has to do with Stacy's voice changes. Her vocal changes record to record have been amazing to witness.
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

tungsten wrote:
I think it must be a mutual decision between Stacy and Sherri. They must know what sounds best (to them at least). Even if Sherri doesn't sing Stacy's back ups on the records she ends up doing it live anyway (Oxygen Mask live as opposed to Oxygen Mask on the Valley). I'm sure a lot of it has to do with Stacy's voice changes. Her vocal changes record to record have been amazing to witness.

that's what i'm thinking a little too. i mean, the title song is written by sherri, but i don't hear her prominently on it if at all.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

They kinda did that on Room Noises as well though?

I agree, there were a lot more songs that had both vocals...but if you think of "Golly Sandra," "Just Like We Do," even to a lesser extend "One Day I Slowly Floated Away" (assuming she wrote that one). That's all Stacy more or less.

Many Sherri songs on RN have full verses with both of them, and "Marvelous Things" is all Stacy, though it took me ages to realize Sherri wrote it. She wrote it, but I remember reading that she thought Stacy's voice would work better for the sound (kinda like with "Currents"....didn't someone mention this was alluded to on twitter or something?)

On recordings, don't Tegan and Sara do that? Even though it's a two vocalist band, they sing their own background vocals?

(I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks/analyzes little quirks like this! It is interesting.)
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Has the music video been mentioned by any of them lately?

<< prev | goto page