Laughing City
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

I really do get why they'd want to take time off to be home with their families, as I'm sure being on the road can be a hassle sometimes (even with all the help).
However, it'd really be a bummer to wait until next Spring for a headlining tour of an album that came out the year before (if that's what they'd end up doing that is).

/end selfish whiney post.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

On the brightside:

If they follow the template of The Valley/ Deep Space it might a be a tour to support an EP of some sort. They apparently intended to, or have recorded something, which was going to be used for the Kickstarter perk, the exclusive EP.

On the flipside:

It could be another opening tour, or maybe a co-headlining tour. If the Merriment album is released in fall, I would much rather they open for Eisley than anyone else at this point, so I'm hoping for a headline tour from Eisley. If not, a tour with a line-up that will allow for Eisley and Merriment to be booked as openers. I'm not sure who they work with that is big enough that Eisley would open, and close enough stylistically and socially/professionally with everyone that Eisley and Merriment could open?

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
tungsten
Sea Post King

Selfishly, I would like to see them headline. Realistically, I would be unhappy if I saw them prioritizing their music and careers ahead of their children. I'm glad because I think they're making the right decision.
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Who knows the reason...it's probably a combination of family, time, and money...However, maybe they also just need to concentrate on some good ol' promotion first!

They need to get something out...a video, a campaign to get radio play...start with maybe YouTube, Satellite Radio, something with Facebook...I'm not sure if many people would know the album "Currents" existed unless they are big fans.

And their sound has changed alot. Like I said before, I have friends who knew them from Room Noises, but that's it. They need people to get reintroduced to the "DIY" Eisley.

With some promotion and more of a demand, they can probably do a headliner and recoup more than if they did one straight away/in the fall.

So hopefully everyone wins after this tour: They get to stay home with their growing families instead of on a RV, yet there's still some promotional work where we hear music, see videos, see campaigns...even if it's just online for now!
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ2Tl6uPncI i love this

edit-

i think this is also a more solid performance of drink the water http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euz1Gi7vh2w

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
MacRVA
Sea Post King

The Man In The Moon wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ2Tl6uPncI i love this

edit-

i think this is also a more solid performance of drink the water http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euz1Gi7vh2w

I see myself in these videos! At the bottom right, I am next to the two black guys wearing red shirts. Sometimes I'm in the frame, sometimes not.
helloworld
Sea Post King

freakinalex wrote:
MichaelMakeArt wrote:
However -- I'm not sure if it was the Say Anything-exclusive fans or just the fact that New York is a difficult place to see concerts, but the audience was horrible. At times, Eisley was barely audible over the chit-chat of the crowd. I love living in such a social city, but dearest me, is it that hard to listen to live music without telling your friend about the last episode of Game of Thrones.

I've been to a lot of shows in Houston like that. Once it was so bad that Jenny Lewis stopped mid-song because she could barely hear herself over all the noise.

The SA show wasn't as bad compared to some of the shows I've been to, though there were a couple of guys who were flagrantly blazing up in the middle of the crowd.

Interesting I'm not the only one who has negative feelings towards the SA fans.

Trust me, I understand that it's convenient for Eisley to tour with SA, but man, SA fans can be rude. The last eisley/SA show I went to wasn't as bad as tonight's. I've admittedly not been to a show for a year or so, and this was my first show in a new city (just moved to the west coast - maybe it's the type of people in this city). SA fans were pushing people out of the way as sound check was going on, and it got much worse during SA's sound check. Others were talking during Eisley's set. I could tell who was clearly there to see Eisley (perhaps even their first time) and yet didn't seem to be enjoying the experience. I like SA, but their fans are very different from Eisley fans. It's a shame we sometimes get subjected to this stuff.

That said, I think this will be the last SA/Eisley show I attend. It's not worth being treated like dirt from another band's fans when I just want to see a group I respect and have been listening to for 9 years or so.

On another note, some crazy girl kept yelling how much she loves Stacy tonight during the set. o___O Ok, I think Stacy heard you the first 4 times.
MacRVA
Sea Post King

helloworld wrote:
Interesting I'm not the only one who has negative feelings towards the SA fans.

Trust me, I understand that it's convenient for Eisley to tour with SA, but man, SA fans can be rude. The last eisley/SA show I went to wasn't as bad as tonight's. I've admittedly not been to a show for a year or so, and this was my first show in a new city (just moved to the west coast - maybe it's the type of people in this city). SA fans were pushing people out of the way as sound check was going on, and it got much worse during SA's sound check. Others were talking during Eisley's set. I could tell who was clearly there to see Eisley (perhaps even their first time) and yet didn't seem to be enjoying the experience. I like SA, but their fans are very different from Eisley fans. It's a shame we sometimes get subjected to this stuff.

That said, I think this will be the last SA/Eisley show I attend. It's not worth being treated like dirt from another band's fans when I just want to see a group I respect and have been listening to for 9 years or so.

My experience with the SA kids was quite different, although I think it might have something to do with the fact that most of the dates I attended were in the south and the fact that I came super early to be right up front. I feel like maybe the hardcore devotees who come early are more likely to be more respectful. But I had SA fans let me have their spot up front for Eisley since they knew I would be leaving before SA anyway. I found them to be a pretty agreeable, if somewhat loud, lot of folks.

That sucks they were such jerks to you :/
helloworld
Sea Post King

MacRVA wrote:
My experience with the SA kids was quite different, although I think it might have something to do with the fact that most of the dates I attended were in the south and the fact that I came super early to be right up front. I feel like maybe the hardcore devotees who come early are more likely to be more respectful. But I had SA fans let me have their spot up front for Eisley since they knew I would be leaving before SA anyway. I found them to be a pretty agreeable, if somewhat loud, lot of folks.

That sucks they were such jerks to you :/

Hmm, I was only about 4 rows back and I liked my spot so I didn't care to move. I was just annoyed because the other fans were forcing their way forward regardless of how long I'd been there. What was worse was my fiance was with me, and it was his first concert aside from an outdoor Anberlin show a couple years back. I was downright embarrassed for subjecting him to that.

Though after reading your reply and comparing it to MichaelMakeArt's, I think it might be a regional thing. I'm originally from Florida. Last couple of times I've seen SA (in the South) their fans were much more respectful. You might also be right about the more devoted fans, but the people around me seemed to know every word to the first few songs, one girl even had SA lyrics tattooed to her. *shrug* Who knows?
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

^ lol. bit like living in Texas and complaining about the heat.
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Lol indeed.

If it wasn't for a trash can and my protective S/O I'd have probably been punched in the face at Black Flag last month -- a show which took place in the south. I probably would have punched whoever threw the first one back, but there would have been no hard feelings given that I was at a Black Flag show, standing on the edge of the pit. I "flagrantly blazed up" at a Jane's Addiction show last summer, but I definitely wasn't the only one (and frankly, was probably the least impaired person there). These sorts of audience behaviors are standard for non-frilly acts.

Say Anything have catchy songs, but they're total weenies, and so are most of their fans, and as a result the aggression amongst them is mostly funny but also expected given SA's rawk aspirations -- it just comes with the territory. I will grant you, of course, that Eisley and Say Anything are an odd match for that reason and many others, and my hope is that they will someday cease being default roadmates, mostly for the other reasons, but for today Eisley is touring with a pseudo-punk band, with fans who are going to do pseudo-punk-y things like not give a $#@!.

Standing around looking bored or kumbaya-ing are two ways to experience a show (and yes, I've done those too), but there are also a variety of other ways that I'm not sure are any less valid.

\m/ Wink

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

^ Tell me honestly that you weren't up front in head to toe Hot Topic singing along with every word of Every Man Has a Molly Tahruh. Laughing

come to think of it, I'm pretty sure you were that girl who spilled helloworld's drink all over her while clumsily attempting to pogo.
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

I can tell you with total honestly that I was most certainly not up front, nor in any attire sourced from Hot-effing-Topic; however, I cannot claim that I didn't "sing along with every word of..." the aforementioned song, or that much to my surprise (slash-dismay) my s/o didn't either. Or that we didn't have a damn good time doing so. Razz

As for the edit, kindly piss off. Laughing Wink

tungsten
Sea Post King

well, this used to be a friendly place lol
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Lol, when? Razz

I don't think anyone was being "unfriendly" though.

Last edited by tahruh on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total