Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
Vriana
Sea Post King

I posted in here as happyface three years ago.

I still don't get it.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

It would make more sense if the original poster hadn't changed what his post said.

mr pine wrote:
mr pine wrote:
sigified.

most epic bump ever just to say that its been three years and i still have the same sig.

all because of this thread

You're welcome Laughing

In full disclosire you did a better job describing everyone else would end up posting in response to some controversial thread on some overwrought subject. You were wickedly, embarassingly precise. I think you left me out so I challneged you in jest & you summed me up in like a sentence or two, and put me in my place. I think my summary was in response to that a little?

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

it was the mens lacrosse rape case i think.

but that wasnt what the thread was about if my memory was right. the thread was on something else and someone asked something like how we would have responded to that event.

i found this thread by digging a while, so if i fee up to it, i will look later and see if i can find it.

not to get to serious, one of the things in my life that i consider myself (outside of all the things you said) is an observer of people. some i can peg pretty well and hear what they are saying even if they arent saying much.

I also seem to be good at taking random conversations from different people and peiceing together events

so thats probably why i hit the nail on the head as it were

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Those last two things I didn't include that you just volunteered, are things I would say about myself, so we definitely have that in common.

Do you also have a tendency to come off as oblivious to other people's views in favor of expressing your own, but actually are cataloging everything they say & all the idiosyncracies that go with it? Of course you do. Laughing

I would amend you sig with a statement about you cutting whit & propensity to not take things too seriously but also be fiercely assertive when others try & take advantage of your self depreciating humor & be callously insulting. But that's too wordy.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

i would say this is how i approach most conversations outside of small talk

Quote:
cataloging everything they say & all the idiosyncracies that go with it?

i was having a conversation with a friend of mine, who if very closed off and she asked me to describe her. and i did, even down to the person I knew she had a crush on.
she was amazed and asked how i knew all that and i told her that i listened to her when she talked and i saw what she did. to me it was easy to figure out.

she wasnt too happy with me being able to peg her so well. but, its her fault for being more open than she realized. lol

as far as

Quote:
cutting whit & propensity to not take things too seriously but also be fiercely assertive when others try & take advantage of your self depreciating humor & be callously insulting.

i will have to think about it. if i am getting what you are saying right, then yes i would agree. but can you sight an example?

i would assume you are right as you are batting 1.000 so far

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:

as far as

Quote:
cutting whit & propensity to not take things too seriously but also be fiercely assertive when others try & take advantage of your self depreciating humor & be callously insulting.

i will have to think about it. if i am getting what you are saying right, then yes i would agree. but can you sight an example?

Any contentious exchange involving you and Olimario. ANY of them. I was late to the game and only bore witness to a couple with Saellys maybe, and I think there was only one with Pantheon4 since I joined the board and was actively paying attention to threads other than ones about the band's music specifically and his taking a leave of absence.

Also, what you said about people being oblivious to the amount of information they share about themselves casually, or how their actions play into how what they say and don't say can be interpreted, I endorse this whole-heartedly. Heck, my degree is in Communications Theory & Rhetoric/ Speech, so I'm giving you a scholarly endorsement. You're a natural.

Wait, what was this thread about?

Oh, yeah, here's something I'd like to hear:

An album of songs where Stacy plays Electric Guitar primarily, rhodes. and is backed by Darren on the drums and a bass player, Garron or otherwise. The few times she's gotten to rock out, it seems so natural for her. I would love to see what a all out rock EP or Album would sound like from those two if Darren was in full MUTEMATH mode behind the kit.

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

sorry wil i am derailing again.
i went back and reread some of my older posts where i argued with the people mentioned and here is my response. PLEASE NOTE, that things are fine between all the posters i am talking about now and myself (atleast I hope) I am simply pointing out what I was thinking at the time

Hannah
there was a time in my life where I loved to argue. I still do, but not as much as I used to. I also loved to play Devil's Advocate and argue with someone just so I could make them prove their point. Hannah was good at doing that. She was smart and I knew what she said she meant. but I still wanted to know why. So I would...egg her on a bit. People thought I had a crush on her. If I did, it wasn't physically. It was mentally. I just enjoyed rubbing her the wrong way. to watch her plead her case. I am sure I got on her nerves which just made her type more. but, i can honestly say I enjoyed every "fight" she and I had. I knew that if I was going to argue with her it would be a good one where I fully understand her side by the end

Oli
I like him. He had lost a lot of weight. And when I say this I am making a broad generalization. I knew others like him before. people that had lost a signifigant amount of weight. And they were snooty. Almost like they were overtly proud at the accomplishment they made and because they had done so they had a superiority complex about them.
I got that from him sometimes. That he felt he was better than others (not just me). I chalked it up to him losing all that weight. but maybe he was just a jerk.
I know he still posts and he is critical (like on the review of currents) but I have learned to love him for who he is. So he doesn't rub me the wrong way anymore.

Nora
Oh man Nora. None of my problems with Nora were her fault. They were all mine and she just got the brunt of it for being her. I really should apologize to her.
It goes like this. I have problems with false authority. And I tend to call people out on it. I have this problem at work too. I will have heated conversations with others who feel they have the ability to tell me what to do, even though they are not my boss in anyway. And I have let them know that. And yes, I have gotten called into the bosses office a few time. But I have never gotten in trouble so I guess that's what matters.
back in the earlier days of me in the LC Nora took on the role of non mod mod (think of Dwight in The office. thinking he had authority but didnt). And, for whatever reason this really ticked me off watching her police people.
i think she was doubly cursed because I also got pissed at the mods alot because they modded stuff for no reason (i thought. also see my hard strung thoughts on the 1st amendment). SO the fact that we had mods that I thought didn't do well and then another person who wasnt a mod who was trying to act like one...well it just didnt sit right with me.
but, as I said, none of that was nora's fault. I know now she was trying to be helpful in her own cat loving way.

so that's that. I was kind of a dick in all of this too. And I am sure I got a rep as a jerk to some. And that's ok I deserve it.

but that's why I did what I did.
If that all makes sense.

also i looked for that post where I mentioned everyone's response and I can't find it.
i wonder if it was lost when the servers died. that's a shame too I would love to read it. I sort of remember what I said about you, but not much else.

wilsmith wrote:

The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

well this has just been one heart warming stroll down memory lane.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

I feel a bit snubbed. Laughing
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

inorbit wrote:
I feel a bit snubbed. Laughing

if you're referring to you and i and the conversations we had then...here you go. if you weren't referring to that, sorry for opening a possible can of worms.

You and I disagree on life morally and ethically. I tried to respond with reasoning, but you just respoded with vitrol.
I understand now that your beef isn't with me, but with what I stand for. Almost a reversal of the Nora and I situation.

i have learned in the past few years how to defend my faith better and more effectively.

wilsmith wrote:

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

and I might have just confused you with sebas.

possibly.

wilsmith wrote:

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:
and I might have just confused you with sebas.

possibly.

Yup, you totally did, Sebas & Crusso are the droids you are looking for, Hisownshot is more BobaFett than droid.

Inorbit & Gundamit are two equalizers that have a good way of cutting to the quick and cutting short the BS, amongst others (Cynlovescandy & Antrider are other great voices of reason as well).

Generally, the number of people capable of rendering totally unproductive comments is miniscule compared to the amount of pointed but thought out arguments we air here.

Last edited by wilsmith on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

yeah i figured as much...

wilsmith wrote:

freakinalex
Lost at Forum

How the heck did I miss this thread when it happened? Did I just block it from my memory or something? You'd think I'd remember something like this.
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

With this thread revival and given its original inherent creepiness, I was expecting to read a post about what a MILF she is now. Thankfully it has taken a different direction. Laughing

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>