Laughing City
tungsten
Sea Post King

Anyone ever been to see Eisley at a music festival like this? The reason I'm asking is because I'm trying to figure out if they will be doing a full set or not... I went to one in a park in downtown Dallas last year and they only played like 7 songs. Hoping it would be more substantial than that to merit the drive to Fort Worth.
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

I'm probably skipping DDLT this year due to too much stuff to do, but I did see Eisley at Homegrown downtown year before last and thought they played a better than average set. Don't remember how many songs they played, but it was more an early-bill festival length set than a headline length set. Didn't make me feel like it wasn't worthwhile. Thought they should have been higher on the bill though. Glad to seem them getting a better slot at DDLT.

But Main Street Garden is like five minutes from my house, whereas Fort Worth is way across the prairie, and there were other bands I wanted to see at Homegrown later on (Octopus Project were especially worthwhile, and Black Joe Lewis is always a good time).

The only two bands I really care about seeing at DDLT this year are Eisley and These Machines are Winning (VERY worthwhile), and they're spaced quite widely on the bill. That's a lot of time spent hanging out in 100 degree heat blowing off obligations to listen to bands I don't care about. Besides, I saw both not too long ago locally, and I'm giving up another whole weekend soon due to being committed for ACL this year. And I've never been all THAT keen on the Toadies anyway.

For those who haven't seen him and have the capacity to appreciate blues-rock guitar, Gary Clark Jr. is top notch- caught him at ACL last year, so if you don't have competing priorities, it would probably be a rewarding day out, all in all.
tungsten
Sea Post King

Thanks for the reply!! Yes, I went to Homegrown as well. In my memory the set list there was very short (I could be mistaken though). I think they might have stopped early due to Stacy not feeling well (very pregnant at the time?).
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

tungsten wrote:
I think they might have stopped early due to Stacy not feeling well (very pregnant at the time?).

She was a trooper though. And it was hot for spring. Seems you're memory is better than mine- looked back at the thread I started at the timein which I had actually remarked on the short set. It was a good one though.

Per our combined recollection in that thread, it was 9 songs, so not too disappointingly short for that billing at a small fest, I think, in retrospect.

Edit:
See also the small print in that thread for my theory regarding billing at festivals... wonder if that has anything to do with the improved placement this time? Laughing
tungsten
Sea Post King

And I think I got their late and missed Smarter, that might have contributed lol
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

inorbit wrote:
Edit:
See also the small print in that thread for my theory regarding billing at festivals... wonder if that has anything to do with the improved placement this time? Laughing

In keeping with tradition, and giving a nod to the glaucoma fighting properties of the catalyst, I will append the fine print with a footnote...

I think the Currents material is especially bong-worthy, if only because of the bubbly angle. Me being a 2nd-hand/ contact smoker at best, what do I know?

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Cool, I like Toadies. Well I only have Rubberneck but I love it. The festival's promo video has a Currents look to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utZy4AbNe1A#t=27

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
MacRVA
Sea Post King

inorbit wrote:
due to too much stuff to do

This phrase made me happy Very Happy Very Happy
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

Couple of good Eisley shots scattered amongst some of the festival pics someone posted.