Laughing City
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Very Happy

I think I saw the Arch in there. I'm guessing they shot the traveling projections while on tour with Say Anything. That probably extending the time it took to put together.

The video is great fit for the song, because it has that, "Night out on the town" groove to go with the aquatic vibe.

One thing that hits home pretty hard is how much Stacy's vocal carries the song, thus the video featuring her performance primarily. The vocal performance on this song is strong, that when I think about the other two singles with Stacy at the helm, Marvelous Things & The Valley, the amount of growth and development of her voice and singing is downright scary. She's only in her mid-20s! Her voice is only going to grow richer and develop more character.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

it kinda reminds me of the 90's and x-files. sic-fi with a dream pop twist. i only wish they could've done some shots of just stacy floating in the dark without the cityscape, but i think this is my favorite eisley video.

i hope they do one in a similar, but different, for blue fish or the night comes.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

I know what I will be doing tonight.

I will give you all a clue...it's not downloading the video off of youtube in HD and then putting it on my cell phone,zune,surface,pc

nope. Not at all.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

I was wondering about this video and thought about asking on twitter when I saw the tweet from Sherri. I almost missed it!

It seems like maybe they had to redo the video? The original tease picture of Stacy looks different from anything in this video.

Still...eerily and yes, it reminds me of 1990s, very "indie" video!

My only questionable thought: You mean no one sleeps on their sides or stomachs at all?? All back sleepers?? Confused Laughing

I hope this means we may see more promotion from this album!
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

The still is from the scenes where they show stacy floating. That is basically her resting in the pool to shoot those segments which were then projected onto the streets. So the still Boyd teases is taken out of context. Her floating in the water is where all those images come from.

Also, I think they were all filmed on there backs because it makes it easier to achieve the effect of them floating off into dreamland/ the ether. I'm sure it took a long time to to put the images together & edit it, especially if Darren did it all himself.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Coolio!

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

wilsmith wrote:
The still is from the scenes where they show stacy floating. That is basically her resting in the pool to shoot those segments which were then projected onto the streets. So the still Boyd teases is taken out of context. Her floating in the water is where all those images come from.

Also, I think they were all filmed on there backs because it makes it easier to achieve the effect of them floating off into dreamland/ the ether. I'm sure it took a long time to to put the images together & edit it, especially if Darren did it all himself.

Not that still/photo that's in this thread. It was one that was posted way back in the beginning of summer. It was Stacy in all white with a very black background. I don't know if I can find it, but I know one of them posted it on Twitter as a teaser.

And about the back thing. I understood the concept/why.... I was just kidding. Laughing I appreciate the video, good job Darren! I especially like the throwback feel and the sights of the cities.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I'm just all kinds of wrong today. my bad. Embarassed

The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

Mystic210 wrote:

Not that still/photo that's in this thread. It was one that was posted way back in the beginning of summer. It was Stacy in all white with a very black background. I don't know if I can find it, but I know one of them posted it on Twitter as a teaser.

i know which photo you're talking about and i think it's just an unedited screen shot.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
tungsten
Sea Post King

I think this is their best video yet! It makes the song even more intoxicating.
tungsten
Sea Post King

I recognized a lot of the scenery . . . I'm an EMT so I drive ALL around Dallas.
http://ad009cdnb.archdaily.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/1331068881-1 .jpg
MacRVA
Sea Post King

Loving this video.